RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Yet Another) XML Spawner Question

Ian Frey

Wanderer
(Yet Another) XML Spawner Question

I've been trying on and off to get this to work but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I'm trying to set skills on spawning npcs through the xml spawner. Can anyone tell me the command for it? :confused:

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Ian Frey said:
I've been trying on and off to get this to work but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I'm trying to set skills on spawning npcs through the xml spawner. Can anyone tell me the command for it? :confused:

There are two ways to do it.

One is to spawn something like

orc/skills.archery.base/100

which will set the base of the skill to 100

The other is

orc/SKILL,archery/100

which will do the same thing. The second form was used before the skills were explicitly given property names (instead of being referred to through an array indexed by skillname enums) but it still works.

The first form should work, but I just tested it out and it turns out that setting multiply nested properties like that must have gotten broken in one of the recent releases.

The fix is to change one line in BaseXmlSpawner.cs around line 1715

change

Code:
// parse the strings of the form property.attribute into two parts
			// first get the property
			string[] arglist = ParseString(name,4,".");

to

Code:
// parse the strings of the form property.attribute into two parts
			// first get the property
			string[] arglist = ParseString(name,2,".");

I'll fix that in the next update.