RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You KNOW a white guy wrote this...

Joeku

Lord
You KNOW a white guy wrote this...

HAHAHA look up the Wikipedia entry for the word "shizzle!" It's hilarious!
Here, I'll just post it to make you more lazy ;):
Shizzle is an Afro-American slang word for "sure", introduced by controversial rap star Snoop Dogg. Adopted by several rappers and reggae deejays. Compare elephant man's shankle.

The term 'shizzle' originally spawned the use of 'izzle' as a suffix for words. While used in its purest form and true meaning as listed above, izzle as a suffix was rarely used with exceptions occurring in a song now and then. But as the pop and rap scene were particularly successful at said point, with the origin of "wasup" near that time, the phrase became quite popular, and those who heard the phrase, not understanding its meaning, often misenterpreted it, and further spread it without fully understanding it. Generally, when misinterpreted, it is seen as a rude sexual term, in general public stereotypical association of rap culture with vulgarity. The truth is far more tame. The suffix 'izzle' was used multiple times in tv advertisements and in general casual conversation as a joke for quite some time, until the novelty of being able to joke about one's inactivity in the rap scene wore off. Today the phrase is still commonly recognized, still commonly misunderstood, but today with much less enthusiasm.

Joeku

Lord
Sheesh, just havin' some fun. Don't gotta get anal about it. It's not like it's an insult; if it was, then I would be insulting myself. It's just funny.

I agree with this post I do see the point in what he is trying to say here and being that I am WHITE and do not find this offensive makes me wonder why anyone else would. Is it a big deal to stereo type your own kind? I do it alot and I know others do. I do however find it non-offensive to do so. Stereo typing another race i believe is where you run into your problems. And even then it all goes back to racism and I think many see stereo typing another race outside of yours as just being racist.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Because it was defined in proper grammer and english it must have been written by a white guy?

You be straight trippin' foo.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Joeku said:
Sheesh, just havin' some fun. Don't gotta get anal about it. It's not like it's an insult; if it was, then I would be insulting myself. It's just funny.

I'm pretty sure Outkast was poking fun. :d

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
Why u gotta stereotype?

The best humor comes from doing a sterotype of certain groups of people.

Humor is the only way you can overcome certain negative things in life.

I am talking about your own eithic group or another ethic you don't belong to. Humor is a good way to get through the differences to one fact, somethings are funny as hell.

rsmiller21

Wanderer
I am deeply offended *burp* j/k
Um, lol how did you come across this wee bit of information? I want to know step by step... lol

rsmiller21 said:
I am deeply offended *burp* j/k
Um, lol how did you come across this wee bit of information? I want to know step by step... lol

1.www.wikipedia.com

2. Insert word(s) of choice, and see what other ppl have wrote.

I recently wrote a little snip on UOG, but it "contained spam", read it to a few co-workers, they diddnt agree either, gave up after that.

zeroed

Wanderer
does anyone realize the being stereotypical against your own "kind" is just as bad as being racist? because it forces you to see that there are differences and it strengthens the barriers of racism that we work so hard to break down?...i dont know...just a stray thought. i ate to much and dont feel good..:(

Joeku

Lord
*is racist*

*not*

It's just how people act. You don't see white people going around every day "acting gangsta" and you don't see black people going around every day talking like Mr. Rogers.

zeroed

Wanderer
stereotyping against your own race is still racism....maybe not in the way most people think but by stereotyping your saying "hey im different then you and i dont care about breaking down racist boundries"

zeroed

Wanderer
hey it doesn't really bother me since i make stereotypes all the time...im just trying to prove a point...im not sure why but i just felt like going against the flow...

Joeku

Lord
Did I scare you off?

Grr, I do that to too many people...

*slides knife back in humanskin holster*

Better? Now it's not scary...

Joeku

Lord
*carves corpse and gets 30 milt Hides*

*crafts milt Hide knife sheath*

Here ya go, zeroed! Sorry 'bout that milt...

*An Corp*