RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know..... friendship....

Token

Wanderer
You know..... friendship....

Friends in life are the best thing you can have in this world.... Why I say this is because, I am a Senior at my high school. I basicaly relised that the real world is hitting and hitting hard.
I have great friends which mean the most to me. I dont want things to change after high school even though I know it will. Some of my best friends are Odie, Tuck, Brandon, Matt, Sarah, Shannon, Crystal.... (long list)
Life is going so fast.... I remember long time ago in 7th grade... now I am in 12th grade. *Remembers the good old times* Life is like a dream once you wake up its never going to be the same again.

Just have to throw this in... My High School is number 1 in state and is 9 in High Schools in AMERICA.....

I just dont know..... my friends mean so much to me.... I dont want to say good bye....

:(

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is nothing without friends
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Vhaldir

Sorceror
flunk out.. and tell your friends to do the same..
you can stay in high school til your like 21.. LOL

Token

Wanderer
=/

Droping out aint cool..... Stay in school *laughs*

my school is very nice............ compared to most schools from what we are told. My school has been in magazines and so on.....

this year we are doing "Paying it Forward" helping people without getting anything back. (not money but like opening doors and so on)

we are the best well 9th best in America... Close enough.

Token

Wanderer
Usally...

If you drop out.... you will be working for McD or Burger King.....
I know this one lady she was 87 and was working there =/

Vhaldir

Sorceror
lol..

I dropped out.. ;)

went to college, majored in computer science (didn't finish there either.. smoked too much pot)

.. then i went into the navy and became an aviation electrician (AE3)

..finished there.. now i'm a hardware support analyst/technician :shock:

Token

Wanderer
????

how can you go to college if you droped out? Did you get your ummm what is it called...... *cant think of the name*

I know there are some people that droped out and have GREAT jobs... but its alot harder to get the GREAT job that everyone wants....
even if you finish High School and College its still hard to find the hard job....

so the moral of this post is....

A. Good jobs are hard to come by.
B. Who Cares...
C. I got a good job so stfu :)
D. I am proud to work for McD all of the way....

Vhaldir

Sorceror
well..
i dropped out and got my G.E.D. that way I could join the navy..
school was far too easy..

my grandmother convinced my father not to sign for me to join the military because she didn't want me going to war.. lol

so i went to college.. they gave me a full scholarship at Lindenwood University (St. Charles, MO, U.S.A.) because I scored so well on my ACT (more science oriented version of the SAT)

I went year-round at college for 2 semesters (fall/spring) then when I turned 18 I went into the Navy...

Vhaldir

Sorceror
Now I have lots of certifications.. A+, MCSE, Certified Dell Technician, Novell Systems Administrator, etc., etc., etc....

In my case, school wasn't a necessity, as most of my knowledge comes from literature read throughout my life on my own time.. I slept through most of school, woke up to take the tests.. then went back to sleep.

This really pissed off my instructors because they couldn't comprehend how someone who slept all the time could ace an exam.. lol
After a while they finally stopped bothering me ;)

Token

Wanderer
=/

I forgot about the G.E.D.... lol

kinda funny going up to your old teachers that said you would never be anything good or whatever and you tell them "I am bah bah bah* then watching there face lol

Vhaldir

Sorceror
hehe

i'm not much on retribution.. if somone begins an argument at present time, I state my opinion, but i'm not usually about 'getting revenge' so to speak..

Token

Wanderer
hmmmm

'getting revenge' is so fun at times... well I usally dont do it... my big brother does for me :)

I am in school about to move to New York New York going to the college there........ thats on the other side of America... (I live in Montana)

No we do no ride horse to school... yes I heard that one
No well Yes for some people that they talk to there carrots...
Yes we do have TV over where we live....

kinda funny one guy I meet (traveling) he said " I heard montanas drink while riding there horses" he was more of a hick then most montanas... lol

ervin

Wanderer
I'm working on my A+ now, was going to do MCSE but software and networks bore me to shit lol :)
Altho reading all these god damn books is no fun either, im only like half way thru been doing for 8 months, i do 1 hour a week supposed to do 2 a day :/
I guess im only getting it to fall back on, i dropped out of college computing because they tried to teach me just Java etc, when i wanted hardware, and all my Music Tech stuff got deleted... i wanna be a musician, maybe a session drummer for Steve Vai or Satriani, or guitarist for ozzy when zakk leaves and hes 90 lol :)
Hell id settle for being in a queen tribute band :)

Lifedragn

Wanderer
hehe A+ is so easy, and from someone who has it, it pretty much shows nothing of your ability to actually service computers, it just says you know a lot of the facts. Yes I took the new test (got my hardware test in april 2001, and my software in early 2002 -failed software the first time, by one question :oops: ) The means I also took non-adaptive and adaptive, I liked the adaptive so much better, prob cuz I only id 24 questions instead of 70 some.

I had someone come into the shop who was A+ certified, showed me card and everything. They were complaining about a DVDROM we sold them not working and they wanted it replaced. They didn't have it installed right. I mean how hard is it to install a DVD ROM, and on top of that they were certified! Oy.

Anyways, it is a prerequisite to get some jobs, so good luck on your testing. It is easy for some and hard for others, I passed by a large percentile, but only 5 people out of my graduating class got it (junior year was devoted to A+ / Senior year was Novell, god I hate novell now, prob moreso cuz my teacher was a prick and taught us only how to pass the test, and very little about actually using it). It would prob be a good idea to take the mcse if you know ur stuff (i dont have that one) but it'll get you more job options than just the a+. The more you have the better you look. Word of caution, unless you specifically plan on working with Novell netware, I wouldn't recommend the CNA. I have it and I take more pride in my Library cards. Oops, rambling again, sorry

ratfink

Sorceror
Never ever took time to get my certs, found it kind of pointless since the places I have wored carry more clout then a peice of paper. Figured I was better off going out in the real world and attaining my skills that way then wasting my time and money on getting a cert that is sold a dime a dozen.

Experince means more to good managers then certs.

Lifedragn

Wanderer

Experience means much more in my opinion, but sometimes companies who are hiring techs dont have other techs perform the interview. Thus, the people who do give the interview know very little about our industry, and when they see a piece of official paper seeing your good, they like it. Thats because they don't know the value of it. When it comes down to it, the only reason I'd hire because someone has a certification is when I have a tie between two people in skills and experience, then it goes to who has the most certs or most relevant certs. If they are still tied and still good, then I find the biggest waste of paycheck, drop him and hire them both :twisted:

Vhaldir

Sorceror
hehe.. *nods*
When I started my current job I didn't have ANY certifications..
I WAS interviewed by techs.. and they chose me over 15 other people who has certs out the arse.. I asked them later why they chose me and they told me because they wanted someone who knows what they're doing and not someone who just has a bunch of certifications...

ratfink

Sorceror
Lifedragn said:

Experience means much more in my opinion, but sometimes companies who are hiring techs dont have other techs perform the interview. Thus, the people who do give the interview know very little about our industry, and when they see a piece of official paper seeing your good, they like it. Thats because they don't know the value of it. When it comes down to it, the only reason I'd hire because someone has a certification is when I have a tie between two people in skills and experience, then it goes to who has the most certs or most relevant certs. If they are still tied and still good, then I find the biggest waste of paycheck, drop him and hire them both :twisted:

Absolutely and you would be a good manager in at least that regard. Seriously would you want to work for a company with such bad management that they cannot rate skills properly. :D I know I wouldn't, generaly those are the type of jobs where you get treated like crap because the manager doesn't understand or under appreciates what you do.

Lifedragn

Wanderer
I got mine through school @ half price, not as good as getting paid for them, but hey looks good on a resume. But I have better, hehe. I kinda won first place in a national competition for PC Servicing and Troubleshooting, as part of the organization known as Business Professionals of America, if any of you have heard of it. I keep telling people its not that big a deal, but I'm not gonna fight it when the school starts bending over backwards to see me do things. I.E. I wasnt going to walk the stage in graduation cuz I didnt want to pay for one of them caps and gowns. The school said they wanted me too and paid for them for me. It also got me put in tons of local papers, which I didnt like (I don't like too much attention for some reason) and some honors award that gives a whopping $400 dollar scholarship (that'll pay for a week :rolleyes: ).

ervin

Wanderer
It would prob be a good idea to take the mcse if you know ur stuff (i dont have that one) but it'll get you more job options than just the a+. The more you have the better you look. Word of caution, unless you specifically plan on working with Novell netware, I wouldn't recommend the CNA. I have it and I take more pride in my Library cards. Oops, rambling again, sorry

My dad has MCSE/MCP/MCP+I/MSA bla bla etc, he wanted me to take it also so i started and got so fucking bored... i hate software and when did work experience with him fell asleep many times sitting there :)
I just getting A+ to get some money in any job to follow my music passion... + more usefull for my own use :)