RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your first UO experience.

Macil

Sorceror
Your first UO experience.

I'm just wondering what everyone's first UO experience was :). That wonderful day when you purchased Ultima Online and played for the very first time.

Heh, the only thing I myself can remember from that day is, a man sitting outside the music hall in Britain asked me to purchase some goods from his shop (which happened to be a few chairs and tables laying on the ground in an orderly fasion). After he showed me some items he was asking me to buy, I politely told him no thank you, and got a most mischievous idea. Though it was mean, I couldn't hold back my laughter after I started picking up the chairs and tables of his shop and running off with them, heh. He must have chased me half way to Trinsic shouting 'come back with my shop!' Oh, those were the days. :)

S

Seven

My first UO expience was very scary. I arrive in the town i soon find out that is called "Haven" At first i'm like ok this is 'alright' its an online game, but how do i talk? i see people saying LOL and i know usally game characters do not say LOL in a midevil game. i just start pressing letters and pressing enter...find out i can talk, but i don't even think to realize that the letters that im saying will appear in the lower part of the screen! @_@! I find this one girl called Shadowskill. I like her we travel together go here and there get stuck :D. We meet up again and we go hunting. She dies, im sad because i can't see her anymore thinking oh...i guess its gamerover for her :( Thinking to myself i will never see her again. I soon die and find her by the bank dead same with me. I'm like ok uhh...im dead for the rest of the game 4ever. Until i found out LATER on a differnt shard i can get rezed by a healer. Hehe!

Tim

Wanderer
My first experience was fun. I started playing the day t2a came out. I bough it, went home and installed. It was fun because we could ditch people that didn't have t2a yet. But I met a guy named Sabre on Baja. Once we had a run in with some silver serpents and spent the majority of the time trying to get them away from our corpses so we could get our stuff.

Then I decided to go red. We were cruising around on his boat and passed some one else who yelled out "Shit!" when they saw me and sailed off in the opposite direction. I was such a newb too.

Then the gimping started. No more tank mage. Then later pub16. They just shafted us in the ass every update since UOR. So good bye UO.

psz

Administrator
My first experience was installing a UO Beta CD... And not having a "valid" net connection (IE: Shell account to a UNIX box) being unable to do anything but stare at the screen for a bit. It was soon uninstalled, and returned to the person that gave it to me. (He was picked for the beta and given a CD, but his machine was down. I was asked to be on the beta, but said net connection prevented me from doing anything... He didn't believe me when I said the shell connection wouldn't work :-P)

My first GAME experience was the UO "Demo" that came with T2A, followed by (After getting a real dial-up connection) wandering Trinsic on Sonoma. Wandered around town. Killed stuff. Got killed. Met a few people, ran from a few people (No Tram/Fel, remember?), created a Jack Of All Trades (I seem to do that alot).

This was ~6 years ago, I don't remember specifics anymore ^_^

However, I do seem to remember having a blast in the Brit Sewers (Walked from Trinsic to Britain). I also seem to remember cursing out great harts for kicking my arse at the times <grumble>

JonnyBrav

Wanderer
My first experience.. ahhh good times.. Innocence.. lol.

I first played on a custom shard named TLOTC (the land of the cult); it was a small shard, max 20 players on, but for me twas a lot, I'd never have tought it was even possible to have a shard with more than 30 players online; lol.

The first time I went on, I was kinda lost; I first started to walk and losted myself in the wood, I knew nothing of the map at this time, neither that monsters could kill me and that they were some in the wood :D

oriel

Wanderer
My first experience....
I went to Moonglow and fished for a bit, then chopped some kindling and lit a fire. I cooked the fish and ate it....
That's when I realised this game was really cool

D

draco

My first experience....

I played on my Uncles account on Europa.
I made my own character and i runned around and picked up everything. Becouse i tought everything was rare. If i saw a Blackpearl took it up runned to the first shop i could find (provisioners) and i was about to sell it. But i did not know how. So i stand there whole day tried to figure out how...
Untill my uncle said:
Just type "Vendor sell".....

That was my very first UO experience.

Crackerjack

Wanderer
My first UO experience was starting in the town of Trinsic (bad idea!) and having no idea how to get the heck out of town and into the woods. I came across this one guy and asked him if he could help me. After asking him several questions and still no answer I figured he was afk. At that point I decided to get a little mischevious. I decided I would kill him before he came back to his keyboard, so I went into attack mode and dbl-clicked on him. Of course a guard whacking insues thereafter. I later found out he was an NPC :p .

Darveon

Wanderer
My first week with UO was a lot like the Ima Newbie comics/cartoons.

I spent a lot of time looking for healers after being PKed, wondering where all my (fill in the blank) went from my backpack and generally trying to figure out why I was still dialing up to play the game.

Ah, the Good Old Days of watching what was open terrain fill with houses at an alarming rate while dodging the Dread Lords. :)

rexxz

Page
I got it when t2a first came out.

The first thing I ever did I remember in full detail, because im awesome.

I started on Atlantic, made my first character named Volrath, I started in Vesper.

This is when they were raiding the towns with trolls and shit, and i got my ass handed to me by a purple troll. I found out later it was GM's(wtf is a GM?) controlling it, and it was great.

My computer never had sound so like half a year went by and I showed my friend UO, got him hooked, and i went to his house one day, and i got on my fencer.

I came up to an ogre and stabbed him in the ass with my kriss and it made a metallic sound, i said "what the fuck, he has a metal ass!"

I love UO

I love me

Send me money

Dracarys

Wanderer
My first game experience was watching Lord British being killed. Well, before this was the wonderful moment when they picked me for the Alpha Test :p

Then i was a Councellor.

Then I played for 7 years.

Then i won the game :>

Then I left to RunUO :rolleyes:

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I was 12... it was Ultima Online Renissance... It rocked hard.

My step-dads nephew hooked me up with 10k and i bought lots of regs and a horse named Silver. Those were the days. 4 years later I log on and think I'm tripping on acid from all the colors its gay.

jrocks

Wanderer
My first experience was meeting up with my friend in game, not having a clue what i am doing. I straight away am totally confused by the moongates and i keep losing my friend. I pick up everything and feel amazingly chuffed when i whack a zombie. I kept seeing these ghosts running around, was confused why i couldn't attack them.

I also remember being disappointed, because me and a friend talked for about a week and he explained everything about the game, unfortunatly my mind twisted it into something it wasn't and alot of the magic was lost. Still.. I was hooked after 10 min

Pheragas

Wanderer
I still remember my first UO experience. Shortly after creating my mage I began to run all around the island of Haven. When i was running along the southern shore I saw a bald bearded man sitting on a chair. I tried to scare him away using my "war chant" ( tribal dance in 3D). He just asked me what I was doing and called me a noob. I got mad, took his chair, and ran away.
Ahh... those were the days.

hey i r ghey

Wanderer
the first time i played uo it was crazy. i was at my friends house and i dunno what he did but there were like "unused tiles" everywhere. i didnt mind them but i was running around the woods for like 3 hours lost as shit. it was scary irl. but i was hooked and the next day i went out and bought uo for myself.

uo should come with a warning on the box:
"May cause loss of interest in everything not related to UO. Some may experience lack of sleep, temper tantrums, and withdraws after logging out of Brittannia. Please play responisbly, AND OFTEN."

kittkatt

Wanderer
fun

i was at my boyfriends house. i had watched him play for hours. but had avoided the situation. He'd already got me hooked on diablo, and heros. Well he talked me into trying. reluctantly, i said ok. i thought the graveyard was soooo horrendous. Little did i know. lol. Well, it's a year later, and i don't think i've moved from this chair in front of this screen, since that first day.This is the coolest game i have ever played
:rolleyes: :p :eek: undefined

Man my first uo exper was i logged on in brit and all the sudden the stupid liz men and stuff spawned and killed me and i thought since i died i could play anymore so i created a new char i died like 4x and was like crap they wont let me delete chars and then finally someone told me that u could rez i was like omg im a retard but once i got a hang of it it was awsome game.. still love it to this day but i dont play anymore b/c the new AOS crap was gay..

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
hey i r ghey said:
uo should come with a warning on the box:
"May cause loss of interest in everything not related to UO. Some may experience lack of sleep, temper tantrums, and withdraws after logging out of Brittannia. Please play responisbly, AND OFTEN."

More like:

May cause loss of interest in everything related to UO. Some may experience extreme bordrem, frustration, and confusion. Please play so we can get your money.