RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your menu bar on the left side of the website... Doesn't work in Firefox or Mozilla.

Shadowlord

Wanderer
Your menu bar on the left side of the website... Doesn't work in Firefox or Mozilla.

Your menu bar on the left side of the website... Doesn't work in Firefox or Mozilla. The little arrows don't appear either. Don't know what you did, but I haven't seen any other sites yet that fail to display correctly in Firefox, let alone both Firefox and Mozilla, so... It works in IE, and in Opera. Haven't tried any other browsers, though I imagine there's no way it'd work in Lynx, not that you care. :p

By the way... I'm curious. Why didn't you just use ordinary links?

awdball

Sorceror
Phantom said:
There is a reason the site doesn't work with IE :lol:

Its not what you think.

You obviously didn't read what these folks were saying. The home page (http://www.runuo.com/) looks like crap in netscape (I verified this one), mozilla, Konqueror, Firefox and a few others.

There are simply too many internet explorer specific extensions used on the main page.

It works with IE not with the others.

Phantom

Knight
awdball said:
You obviously didn't read what these folks were saying. The home page (http://www.runuo.com/) looks like crap in netscape (I verified this one), mozilla, Konqueror, Firefox and a few others.

There are simply too many internet explorer specific extensions used on the main page.

It works with IE not with the others.

And I am saying there is a reason it doesn't work, with those I miss spoke actually, clearly if you read what I wrote thats what I meant.

I use firebird so I know thats what I meant.

Anyhow There is a reason it only works with IE

I

InnerStaff

the reason being? that runuo is goin microsoft only? and becoming a monopoly? or u goin to hold out on us and not tell this really really secret important reason?

Phantom said:
And I am saying there is a reason it doesn't work, with those I miss spoke actually, clearly if you read what I wrote thats what I meant.

I use firebird so I know thats what I meant.

Anyhow There is a reason it only works with IE

SDragon

Wanderer
InnerStaff said:
the reason being? that runuo is goin microsoft only? and becoming a monopoly? or u goin to hold out on us and not tell this really really secret important reason?
It's a conspericy I tell you!!!!

Serriously though, it is probably because what they want to do was only possible with IE code. Be that because that is the way it is, or other, I don't know.

Ralman

Sorceror
From what I can see, they want to do a check on your machine to see if you have .Net installed. Through an ActiveX call you can make this check. I see this a potentially good thing to keep down some of the redundant questions seen in the forums.

For those of you who don't know ActiveX is a Windows/IE thing. No other browser supports ActiveX, at least reliably.

Why they are making the entire site IE only, and not that specific page is beyond me. Quite a strange way of approaching it. :confused:

A request to the admins:
Please make the site at least usable in other browsers.

Kamron

Knight
Make the site degrade well with other browsers, is a better way to say it. Or, provide a text based menu in addition to the IE specific one. Maybe ryan is conspiring to force everyone to use IE :eek:

Shadowlord

Wanderer
The easy way would be to check to see if they're using IE using some simple PHP code, and if not, use real links in the menu.