RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your opinions on encryption...

Quantos

Lord
Your opinions on encryption...

I'm curious, there's a sticky about not using rice, then (as an example I'll post a link to this thread http://www.runuo.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=10618). It's really rather confusing. Can you all give some input on this?

K

Krazy_zack

The idea is to use UOGateway with the encryption turned off instead of UORICE'ing the client...

I UORIC'ed mine and it works fine though.

psz

Administrator
I (personally) prefer UOGateway as it makes it easy to log into multiple shards without having to edit the .cfg files.

Also makes it easy to open two clients at once ->

K

Krazy_zack

My biggest problem with UOGateway was that it always messed up my custom map. (as in it never installed it....)

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
well maybe you should learn how to use uo gateway....

you have to upload the link to your custom maps website and it needs to be in rar form

K

Krazy_zack

DontdroptheSOAD said:
well maybe you should learn how to use uo gateway....

you have to upload the link to your custom maps website and it needs to be in rar form

Um NO!

It fuks up my custom MAPS EVERY time regardless of WHAT I do or HOW I do it. Ever other custom file (verdata, statics, etc) were fine. I know what I'm talking about here because I did LOTS of mods to my former 'sphere' shards. It's a shitty program (or was anyway maby the new updates fix the problem) IF your shard has a custom/new map.

If not then it's a total 'noob proof' program and I recomend it to every Admin (that doesn't have a custom map...)

Quantos

Lord
Ok, so some of you prefer UOGateway and others prefer UORice, but what I'm asking about is this - If UORice works then why is there the following sticky?

http://www.runuo.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6420

K

Krazy_zack

Well:

#1 It lets you play RunUO servers AND OSI servers at the same time without having to mess with a buncha downloads and backing up.

+

#2 It's a good way to advertise your shard (IE signing up for UOGateway)

Mind you distributing a login.cfg and a unencripted (or kirros) client isn't that hard eather....

Quantos

Lord
So that would make it a support issue more or less then ?

(nobody wants to offer support for UORice because of whats involved?)

psz

Administrator
More or less. With UORice you have more work to do, and two client files to deal with. With UOGateway, you just type in an IP (or choose a public shard from the list), and go. Once you've typed in an IP, you don't have to type it again. It appears on the Custom Shard list.

As I said before, I also use it so that I can open more than one client at a time.

S

Seven

Status of Thread : Flamez :!:

:idea: I am the Flamez POLICE :idea:

:arrow: Flamming me now will just make it worst :arrow:

:shock: I want you to suffer! :shock:

Quantos

Lord
I'd discovered that part quite by accident one day, realized I had two instances of the client running. Quite a nifty feature too.

S

Seven

Srry lol....Let me go take me meds.....Im A.D.H.D. =P.....brb.....
Oh crap i just did another post....[If ther eis any gms out there can you decline my post count by -5?] I dun want to get banned =(

Ok lets get back on topic :

Do you mean the encryption wher it says "Keep Encryption" Disable Encryption" If so its suppose to like dissconnect anyone using like Liquidize or other clients such as UOX ect......i think.....Im not fully sure....But thats what i read....Right now my shard on Keep Encryption