RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Z = 0 Always on Trammel.

Erucid

Sorceror
on trammel, no matter where I am, if I do a [where the Z is always 0. I can walk UNDER hills. Spawned creatures can walk off land and onto water. All Other maps seem to work properly. What can be the cause of this?

Erucid

Sorceror
Code:
ant2ne@Nedimare-01:~$ cat /runuo/devel/Scripts/Misc/DataPath.cs
using System;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Win32;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
    public class DataPath
    {
        /* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
         * or wish the server to use a separate set of datafiles,
         * change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
         * private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";
         */
                private const string CustomPath = @"/runuo/UOML_files";
        //private static string CustomPath = null;

/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:
         * Multi.idx
         * Multi.mul
         * VerData.mul
         * TileData.mul
         * Map*.mul
         * StaIdx*.mul
         * Statics*.mul
         * MapDif*.mul
         * MapDifL*.mul
         * StaDif*.mul
         * StaDifL*.mul
         * StaDifI*.mul
         */

public static void Configure()
        {
            string pathUO = GetPath( @"Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0", "ExePath" );
            string pathTD = GetPath( @"Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0", "ExePath" ); //These refer to 2D & 3D, not the Third Dawn expansion
            string pathKR = GetPath( @"Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\KR Legacy Beta", "ExePath" ); //After KR, This is the new registry key for the 2D client
            string pathSA = GetPath( @"Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic", "InstallDir" );

if ( CustomPath != null )
                Core.DataDirectories.Add( CustomPath );

if ( pathUO != null )
                Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathUO );

if ( pathTD != null )
                Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathTD );

if ( pathKR != null )
                Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathKR );

if ( pathSA != null )
                Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathSA );

if ( Core.DataDirectories.Count == 0 && !Core.Service )
            {
                Console.WriteLine( "Enter the Ultima Online directory:" );
                Console.Write( "> " );

Core.DataDirectories.Add( Console.ReadLine() );
            }
        }

private static string GetPath( string subName, string keyName )
        {
            try
            {
                string keyString;

if( Core.Is64Bit )
                    keyString = @"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\{0}";
                else
                    keyString = @"SOFTWARE\{0}";

using( RegistryKey key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey( String.Format( keyString, subName ) ) )
                {
                    if( key == null )
                        return null;

string v = key.GetValue( keyName ) as string;

if( String.IsNullOrEmpty( v ) )
                        return null;

if ( keyName == "InstallDir" )
                        v = v + @"\";

v = Path.GetDirectoryName( v );

if ( String.IsNullOrEmpty( v ) )
                        return null;

return v;
                }
            }
            catch
            {
                return null;
            }
        }
    }
}
And here are my UO files.
Code:
ant2ne@Nedimare-01:/runuo/UOML_files$ ls
map0.mul  map4.mul     mapdif2.mul   mapdifl2.mul  multi.mul    stadif1.mul   stadifi1.mul  stadifl1.mul  staidx2.mul  statics0.mul  statics4.mul
map2.mul  mapdif0.mul  mapdifl0.mul  maps       needed.txt    stadif2.mul   stadifi2.mul  stadifl2.mul  staidx3.mul  statics2.mul  tiledata.mul
map3.mul  mapdif1.mul  mapdifl1.mul  multi.idx       stadif0.mul    stadifi0.mul  stadifl0.mul  staidx0.mul   staidx4.mul  statics3.mul
ant2ne@Nedimare-01:/runuo/UOML_files$ pwd
/runuo/UOML_files
Am I missing anything?

Phr3d13

Sorceror
but i am guessing that you are patched too low, comparing your files to mine, i have a map0x.mul. which happens at a certain patch version, can't remember which one at the moment though.

Erucid

Sorceror
How high should I patch to? I guess I have to make all players patch to that level too. I was hoping I could just install runuo, use the map versions from my default UOML CDs and just tell everyone to patch to UOML (or use those CDs for their install) I guess runuo don't work that way. I needs a certain version.

Jeff

Lord
In Scripts/Misc/MapDefinitions.cs you wil see
Code:
            TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false; // OSI Client Patch 6.0.0.0

MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = true; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0
Change these to support your client version needs... Should solve your problem, no need to patch. However, setting it to work on older clients will cause issues for players on newer clients (you cannot support both) so you need to choose. Best approach is to update to 7.0.12.* (do not go to 7.0.13 or higher since stock RunUO currently doesn't support it, afaik).

Erucid

Sorceror
I'm thinking UOML is client 5.0.6 or something like that. I'm not sure exactly what you are telling me to change in MapDefinitions.cs. I suppose the simplest and broadest solution is to patch to 7.0.9, then put the needed map files on the runuo server and tell all the players to patch to 7.0.9 also. Right?

Jeff

Lord
I'm thinking UOML is client 5.0.6 or something like that. I'm not sure exactly what you are telling me to change in MapDefinitions.cs. I suppose the simplest and broadest solution is to patch to 7.0.9, then put the needed map files on the runuo server and tell all the players to patch to 7.0.9 also. Right?
Yes

Erucid

Sorceror
Am I an idiot, or is this step not documented in the shard installation guide?

And why is only Tram messed up?

Erucid

Sorceror
So, I patched a client to 7.0.9 but it doesn't have a VerData.mul, should I be alarmed about this?

Erucid

Sorceror
Well that broke uorice.exe. Turning to razor. I can get logged in, but can't move or do anything. Essentially, I stop talking to the server. I'm using linux mint 10 and wine to launch UO and UORazor. I guess that is another thread.

Erucid

Sorceror
Other windows users are having similar issues where they can get logged in but don't have access to all of the content. Some of the maps that previously worked are no longer functional. Did I miss a step in this process? I uploaded the files and changed the DataPath.cs is there something else I need to do to get this version increased? How can I troubleshoot this?

Erucid

Sorceror
right everyone updated to 7.0.9 including myself and things are broken. IDK If I missed a file or something. Seeing as how the DataPath.cs said i needed verdata.mul, but it doesn't exist anymore, do I need some other file that DataPath.cs isn't specifying?