RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zotos Code Generator 1.0

Zotos

Sorceror
Zotos Code Generator 1.0

I have rewriten my code generator. It now writes Armor, Weapons and jewelry. It is more compact than the previous versions.

You can get it at my site here
Link

All support will be handled on my site.

Hlal

Wanderer
Awesome program bud, I was impressed with your older versions but this one is by far the best of your work to date.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
The code Generator has too much errors to be really useful.

Some small ones:
Some armor parts are not included, they are just missing entirely.
Armor can not be assigned resistance bonuses, which are the basis of an armor piece
Many attributes have to be added later manually because they are not available.
Life Leach should be spelled Life Leech, this gives an compiling error.
I tried using it but ended up doing all 24 items I was making manually after all, this was quicker even.
I like the idea of this code generator, but you should at least add the basic required things before releasing it :)

Let us know when this thing get's updated and is fully functional, I am sure it would be of great use to many people then.

Grevan

Wanderer
Shadow1980 said:
The code Generator has too much errors to be really useful.

Some small ones:
Some armor parts are not included, they are just missing entirely.
Armor can not be assigned resistance bonuses, which are the basis of an armor piece
Many attributes have to be added later manually because they are not available.
Life Leach should be spelled Life Leech, this gives an compiling error.
I tried using it but ended up doing all 24 items I was making manually after all, this was quicker even.
I like the idea of this code generator, but you should at least add the basic required things before releasing it :)

Let us know when this thing get's updated and is fully functional, I am sure it would be of great use to many people then.

I like the idea of helping others by pointing out bugs that need to be fixed... but it kind of gives the post a crappy feel when you tell him that he shoulnd't release his script until it's debugged... when he posted it in "third party support" to see if anyone else would catch the bugs... Even if it's basic stuff a bug is a bug... and the smallest things can be over looked...

A word of advice to ya...

Great Post... but perhaps you should correct your grammer before you submit it!

~Grevan~

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Grevan said:
I like the idea of helping others by pointing out bugs that need to be fixed... but it kind of gives the post a crappy feel when you tell him that he shoulnd't release his script until it's debugged... when he posted it in "third party support" to see if anyone else would catch the bugs... Even if it's basic stuff a bug is a bug... and the smallest things can be over looked...

A word of advice to ya...

Great Post... but perhaps you should correct your grammer before you submit it!

~Grevan~

Your opinion. I believe that if a script misses it's basic functionality it shouldn't be released. And that's my opinion. My post wasn't a flame, I pointed out some current errors. You however give the thread a bad feeling by provoking an arguement.

Thanks for the advice on "grammer" as you put it, but last time I checked it was grammar. I aint a native English speaker and I don't see the need to spellcheck every single post I make.

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
well im not sure of this but i think ZotoS will release a newer version of the code generator sure it has TWO BUGS and missing an feature which will be adding resist bonus...but still its a great system and really helps out. But other than that the system is great =/ Maybe in the next release he will add those feature in about the bonus stuff and fix the bugs...rather than flame his generator why not give props by making something to help everyone...and to my knowledge this havent being done or posted in here by anyone....i just did a search and nothing came up....

Thanks ZotoS keep up the good job...=] but fix the bugs *lol*

Shadow1980

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
This is hilarious. You should take a look at your grammar before you post comments about others.

Thank you TheOutkastDev. ;)

To the rest:
I also wasn't FLAMING this script, I said it's very useful. :cool:
When I say I believe it misses some key elements, it doesn't mean I say it's not an excellent program.
It's called constructive criticism. If I would have flamed I wouldn't have made suggestions to improve the program. :eek:

Anyways can we please get back to the actual program rather then creating this thread into some form of ever lasting arguement? Thanks. :p

Zotos

Sorceror
I am currently working on an update. I know there are a few issues with the generator but I would have never known that they existed if I would not have released it. So keep in mind that I released it to catch all the things I did not.

Kamron

Knight
I think programs like these invite newbies to use software like RunUO without knowledge of the workings of programming or its components. That combined with laziness is in of itself bad for the community.

Then again I think RunUO should have been a community soley for the knowledgable, so I dunno.

Zotos

Sorceror
XxSP1DERxX said:
I think programs like these invite newbies to use software like RunUO without knowledge of the workings of programming or its components. That combined with laziness is in of itself bad for the community.

Then again I think RunUO should have been a community soley for the knowledgable, so I dunno.

same could be said about the script submissions section :rolleyes:

but with all that aside, I think it could be used to teach some basics to the new guys/gals they simply enter somethings they want to add and the will find out how to code it. Another is to mass code items that can be done by shard owners but dont have all the time to write the code. So in that I feel that it is a good program and will keep developing it farther. You also have the option to use it or to not use it.

Zotos said:
same could be said about the script submissions section :rolleyes:

Thats what he was refering to. Your program will make it easy for the programming incompetent to submit scripts.

Zotos said:
but with all that aside, I think it could be used to teach some basics to the new guys/gals they simply enter somethings they want to add and the will find out how to code it. Another is to mass code items that can be done by shard owners but dont have all the time to write the code. So in that I feel that it is a good program and will keep developing it farther. You also have the option to use it or to not use it.

Does your program explain WHY you have to have "using System;" at the top of the script? Does it explain WHAT "namespace Server.Items" does? Your program merely generates code based on a set of input data. If people want to learn, they need to go to and Google for C# tutorials.

Admin Bleach

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
Does your program explain WHY you have to have "using System;" at the top of the script? Does it explain WHAT "namespace Server.Items" does? Your program merely generates code based on a set of input data. If people want to learn, they need to go to and Google for C# tutorials.

I believe this utility, even though it doesn't explain these things is useful. So what if morons can make some scripts good for them, just using this utility here may entice curiousity in them to persue more advanced code. Now this utility from an advanced coders standpoint... It's very limited but can save a great deal of time given you wish to create a set of 50 + artifacts... I don't think we need to burn Zotos for making an interesting utility... Just my opinion, not to be a pain ^^
Thanks Bleach.

Zotos

Sorceror
TheOutkastDev said:

OK all that is true but I could say the same about MegaSpawner that I also think is a nice tool tho I never have really used it for the fact I spawn everything by hand because I am not lazy. So the thing is we are creating tools for the same type of people (lazy ones that are either too lazy to spawn their own world or to lazy to learn C#). Either way it doesn't mater to me I made the program to challenge myself and if it helpes someone in the process then so be it. I could care less if anyone wants to learn C# or not.

Zotos said:
OK all that is true but I could say the same about MegaSpawner that I also think is a nice tool tho I never have really used it for the fact I spawn everything by hand because I am not lazy. So the thing is we are creating tools for the same type of people (lazy ones that are either too lazy to spawn their own world or to lazy to learn C#). Either way it doesn't mater to me I made the program to challenge myself and if it helpes someone in the process then so be it. I could care less if anyone wants to learn C# or not.

There is a difference between the MegaSpawner/MyRunUO Spawner Shard Spawning tools and yours. The MSS/MRUOS tools are data generation tools, and yours is code. There is different implications for each one

MSS/MRUOS was a suite of applications and scripts that was designed to expidite the process in which a user can create unique spawn data. It is a program for unique data generation. Data generation. It's like using Excel to analyze data or to generate graphs.

Code generation has much steeper ramifications. Having code generated for you allows you to skip learning the fundamentals of programming. Without these, modifying distro scripts becomes extremely difficult, and will most likely end up on this site in the Script Support forum. I've seen things as simple as casting errors, missing brackets, and null exceptions because people don't know how to program. Your program is adding to that.

I'm not telling you you can't write your program. But please understand the ramifications and consider them fully before doing so.