RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Town Houses

kmwill23

Sorceror
Greystar said:
I had just set up one of these on a building in britian. I have to say nice job on making it so the doors automatically have the contextmenus. I had exiting doors and what not and just didnt remove anything and when I singleclicked the door there was the context menu. but anyway on to my discovery. I had this building for sale for 1.7mil I put a couple bankchecks worth 1.7 mil in my bankbox. when I bought the house (didnt check my bankbox) it put me as the owner, etc etc. when i demolished the house I had twice as much gold. as though it didnt consume the original bankchecks. Wanted to point this out and see if anyone else had that problem.

If you're not a player it doesn't take money =) Perhaps I shouldn't display that message for staffers =P

Memnoch

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
What does everyone else think of that? Would be nice to have a some form of price automation =) Perhaps by a factor which can be specified in script?

I'd like it, but odds are everyone will have their own cost per tile. I've already told my players it would cost them 5k per house tile, and 2k per yard tile. So when i make a house i need to count the size of the box and * by the # of levels * 5k, then add the yard tiles * 2k for my price, but i'm sure if you ask 10 other people how they'll do it, you'll get 9-10 different answers.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Memnoch said:
I'd like it, but odds are everyone will have their own cost per tile. I've already told my players it would cost them 5k per house tile, and 2k per yard tile. So when i make a house i need to count the size of the box and * by the # of levels * 5k, then add the yard tiles * 2k for my price, but i'm sure if you ask 10 other people how they'll do it, you'll get 9-10 different answers.

I set it at 600 per tile to begin, will note where to change in the release. 600 gives prices very close to OSI housing.

Marak

Sorceror
Ahh beautiful mate, ive got your chat - and soon your houseing regions :D This fits in perfectly in a mod im going to hit my players with in the next month. Thnx a lot mate :)

Maybe i did something wrong but i got this error after a server restart:

World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse
- Serial: 0x4001BA3E
Delete the object? (y/n)
y
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
y
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, regions=
False, type=Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse, serial=0x4001BA3E) ---> System.Overflow
Exception: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Server.MultiComponentList.Resize(Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight)
at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
at Server.World.Load()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.World.Load()
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Any help with this?

Memnoch

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
I set it at 600 per tile to begin, will note where to change in the release. 600 gives prices very close to OSI housing.

Ok, this is fine, but hopefuly you'll leave in where admins can set a price for the entire house as it currently is. Thx for the script.

kmwill23

Sorceror
xX_Devious_Xx said:
Maybe i did something wrong but i got this error after a server restart:

World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse
- Serial: 0x4001BA3E
Delete the object? (y/n)
y
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
y
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, regions=
False, type=Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse, serial=0x4001BA3E) ---> System.Overflow
Exception: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Server.MultiComponentList.Resize(Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight)
at Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
at Server.World.Load()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.World.Load()
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Any help with this?

I have an idea of what may have caused this, related to the bug Flowerbudd helped narrow down. Let me test the theroy really fast and let you know.

Addition:

Okay, confirmed! If you set up a house blocks without starting with the north western corner, then save and restart, this exact error will pop up.

You won't need to worry about this with the version I am about to upload.

Nice little last bug report before update =-)

Jackmorsey

Sorceror
Yay! You have got to be the best and nicest scriptor I've ever seen. :) You managed to put all my feature requests into this script, lol. I love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

P.S. I also use your chat script and its wonderful too.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Bug reported!

Thanks again to Flowerbudd!

When a plyer purchases the house, it's Min and Maz Z values aren't set to what you specified on the sign. You can simply open the sign and reset those Zs for it to update.

I will wait a little bit before posting a small patch, just in case more bugs roll in =)

LordHogFred

Knight
Great, that last update has made this pack nigh on perfect :cool:.
Just one thing I'd like to suggest is that you can specify the house signs Z value. If you want to hang signs on walls instead of from sign posts then they are a bit low on the wall so maybe if you could just increase the z axis by about 3 or 4 then it would look ok. This isn't a problem for the first time because I've just set the house sign higher with my Admin char but if it is demolished then I'm asusming the sign will drop lower again. Just a ver minor pointer but something that would just be a nice little extra. Other than this miniscule feature this system is absolutly amazing. You have done a brilliant job, thank you. :D

akrondar

Wanderer
Very Nice script!! Thank you very much for share it. :)

Maybe would be a cool idea to make some type of rent addition. :p

LordHogFred

Knight
Hey I just had a really cool idea (I think anyway :p). How about amking special types of housing. Ones that can only be owened by certain people. The type Im tihnking of is to have special cheap houses ofr Young players, but when they turn un young the house goes back up for sale and all their possessions are placed in their bank. This would be good for young players to be able to get some cheap housing but couldnt be exploited by veterans. Also maybe put a max skill check or age check so if they have over 500 skill points they can't own it, they need to be more than 3 months old to buy the house, etc. Just a few ideas tha just flew to me :p.

kmwill23

Sorceror
LordHogFred said:
Hey I just had a really cool idea (I think anyway :p). How about amking special types of housing. Ones that can only be owened by certain people. The type Im tihnking of is to have special cheap houses ofr Young players, but when they turn un young the house goes back up for sale and all their possessions are placed in their bank. This would be good for young players to be able to get some cheap housing but couldnt be exploited by veterans. Also maybe put a max skill check or age check so if they have over 500 skill points they can't own it, they need to be more than 3 months old to buy the house, etc. Just a few ideas tha just flew to me :p.

I am thinking an Advanced tab may be in order =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Greystar said:
you want suggestion well how about in the buy gump if the house has been configured with a yard have it create a fenced in yard with gate that can have access set like a door. Just a thought.

Another good idea! As an option in setup of course =)