RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Town Houses

Jackmorsey

Sorceror
Is there anyway to be able to filp the sign so they can hang on the sign posts, or to see the house sign before someone buys it?

Also is there a way to set heights for houses, so that I can put a house on top of a house and not have the bottom house owner be able to lock down items in the top house?

kmwill23

Sorceror
Tintamar said:
We got it figured out.

If you dont set the house up in a specific order it will get bugged.

When setting up a house you need to do it in this order.

Set blocks (Region)
Ban Location
Sign Location
Price it and set secures and lock downs.

Then it works fine with no problems.

Is that the learning curve? :)

Very nice work kmwill.
So far I have enjoyed everything you have made. You definitly make things user friendly.
Ive seen the old [msg system that required editing distro files and old static house system that required editing distro files and thats one thing you do that makes your scripts and submissions exceed many others... No Editing Distros. Plug and Play!

Awesome work again.
My players will enjoy this as they do your chat system.

Okay, I have a good idea what the problem is based on this. The setup menu doesn't save the text field input unless you press Submit. If you press the Main or Blocks tabs below, those text fields lose their inputs. That's part of the whole icky old gump, wasn't intended to be part of the learning curve =)

Luckily I already updated the gump, and it retains all the text field info no matter what you do =) We'll see if this is the problem when I release the update.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Jackmorsey said:
Is there anyway to be able to filp the sign so they can hang on the sign posts, or to see the house sign before someone buys it?

Also is there a way to set heights for houses, so that I can put a house on top of a house and not have the bottom house owner be able to lock down items in the top house?

The house sign, the one that appears after purchasing, cannot be flipped. That's an unfortunate sideeffect of all default housing having their doors on the south-side.

To draw more info out of you, what is the reason for needing the house sign visible before purchase?

I like your second idea! Would make it so you could sell rooms in two-story inns, etc. I do know region has height properties, just not sure how far I can bend it. Will have to research =)

Thanks for the reports everyone!

Jackmorsey

Sorceror
The reason for having it visible before purchase would be so that I could see if the sign would be in a good spot once the players purchased the house. Don't want it to accidentally be behind a wall or something like that.

As for the putting a house on top of another, you could check the old static housing script that someone made to see what they did, cause it has the ability to where you can set the Minimum house height and the Maximum house height in props.

steeldarkness

Sorceror
Having the house sign appear with the purchase is kinda wired but ok. But what I do is I add the purchase sign and then point the house sign target on that. Also with the sign situation of direction I add a woodenpost, and the a sign post for an south direction. Hope this helps a bit :D

Aaron

kmwill23

Sorceror
I just completed the second update objective, being able to change the house info through the TownHouseSign even after the house is purchased. That should solve the sign concern, since it will let you move it after the player buys it =)

Also lets you change the bounds, lockdowns, secures, price or value, ban location without having to demolish and rebuild.

You know, I have a good portion of room on the first page, just enough for min and max Z I think =)

LordHogFred

Knight
This is amazing. Im so glad that this is here at last :p. The old Static Housing was so buggy. Anyway this is great, just one little problem. I'm trying to add a wooden hanger for my house signs to appear hanigng on but when the house is purchased the hanger becomes invisible:confused:

kmwill23

Sorceror
LordHogFred said:
This is amazing. Im so glad that this is here at last :p. The old Static Housing was so buggy. Anyway this is great, just one little problem. I'm trying to add a wooden hanger for my house signs to appear hanigng on but when the house is purchased the hanger becomes invisible:confused:

Haha! Yeah, I wanted to hide any pre-existing signs on the same spot so the house sign could use an already existing sign hanger =P

Let me see if I can find a way to limit what it hides to just those =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Okay, thanks again everyone for the inputs!

At this point I have the following ready for the next update:

Updated gumps (Hopefully fixes the frustration with house setup going awry)
Changing house properties through the TownHouseSign
Min and Maz Z settings for multiple floors
Deletion protection for TownHouseSign when the home has an owner
Limiting the auto-invis on purchase to pre-existing signs (So custom made hangers stay)

~

I will let things settle for roughly 24 hours before the update, just in case more issues come up!

kmwill23

Sorceror
Thanks to Flowerbud for narrowing this bug down!

Until the next update, be sure you set your bounds beginning with the north western corner. Otherwise, it will generate an error and still charge the poor player money! =)

Jackmorsey

Sorceror
I just thought of something! Is there a way to make it where it charges so much per tile, so as you can just set a price per tile and it'll automatically figure the houses price based on the size?

kmwill23

Sorceror
Jackmorsey said:
I just thought of something! Is there a way to make it where it charges so much per tile, so as you can just set a price per tile and it'll automatically figure the houses price based on the size?

What does everyone else think of that? Would be nice to have a some form of price automation =) Perhaps by a factor which can be specified in script?

kmwill23

Sorceror
Greystar said:
it could probably be done by the Area covered like ((length*width)*floors)*cost = HousePrice

I like the idea too.

if there is multiple regions for the house of course you'd probably have to get total length and total width some how, but just a thought.

The length and width are the easy parts. Now height could be tricky! If the default min and max Z is there, then it isn't a good measure for number of floors. They default to -32000 and +32000 =)

Now, if those are set close to something identifying the number of floors, it could be easily done. One floor is normally 20z.

Here's what I think I'll do. Add a button to the first page down near the Claim button which fills in suggested price, lockdowns, secures based on area if the Z range is default or astronomical, volume if Z looks to be identifying floors.

beldr

Sorceror
Suggestion

i love your chat script, seen it in alot of shards....

have not tried this script out, sounds like its a pretty good one, ill download it and test it out just to see if I can find some bugs out there for you....

now for the actuall reason im interupting your posts...

formula and suggestions are good, but why dont you take secure and lockdowns into consideration or strictly just calculate the price from them instead of tiles or a combo.
Im sure that players would prefer a small lot that could hold 2000 items to a large place that would hold 1000 items... just a suggestion, like they say im putting in my 2 cents

laters all

:eek:

kmwill23

Sorceror
beldr said:
i love your chat script, seen it in alot of shards....

have not tried this script out, sounds like its a pretty good one, ill download it and test it out just to see if I can find some bugs out there for you....

now for the actuall reason im interupting your posts...

formula and suggestions are good, but why dont you take secure and lockdowns into consideration or strictly just calculate the price from them instead of tiles or a combo.
Im sure that players would prefer a small lot that could hold 2000 items to a large place that would hold 1000 items... just a suggestion, like they say im putting in my 2 cents

laters all

:eek:

Also not a bad idea! I think I'll let the neat button suggest the lockdowns, secures and price though, so the admin doesn't have to sit and decide "Hhhmmm, how many lockdowns and secures should this house have..." They can take the suggestion and modify it!

It actually turns out quite well, with the prices and lockdowns ending very near default housing prices based on the same factors. We shall see!