RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Town Houses

kmwill23

Sorceror
Knives' Town Houses

Summary:

Version 1.1
Supports RunUO 1.0, RunUO 2.0*

* There are two versions available, one specifically for RunUO 1.0, another for RunUO 2.0. Each is packaged with the appropriate Utilities package.

This update is primarily for the RunUO 2.0 update. In the process, however, I found a few bugs that may have been causing you all some problems! These include adding bounds to an existing home being lost on restart, and sometimes all bounds being lost when trying to add new bounds.

That’s it, really!

This package doesn't require any existing script modifications. (The patches are optional!)

I am soliciting any and all feedback: suggestions, coding style suggestions, bugs, and anything else! Don't be shy, I can take well formed critism.

Commands:

"Create rental contract": If allowed, players can use this spoken command in their home to begin the setup for renting portions of their home.

"Check house rent": Players can check to see how long before their rental cycle expires by speaking these words while in their home. At the end of the cycle, if the rent is reocurring, the bank will attempt to take gold automatically. If not reocurring, the bank will pack up the player's belongings and put the home back up for rent.

"Check storage": While usable by all home owners, this command is especially useful for renters. It will detail how many lockdowns and secures are used by their rental property, and include those figures in how much storage they have available.

Features included in this system: Turn static buildings into homes, turn anything into a home, supports odd shaped homes, allows players to rent out their homes, easy to install, easy to use, and much more!

Details:

With this system you can not only sell static buildings to players, you can sell or rent any portion of land in any shape and size! Nothing like owning Blackthorn's Castle, or the center of the Hedge Maze! Good way to give many of the never-used areas of the game some life.

These houses come with all the housing features we've come to love: lock downs, secures, private, public, vendors. In fact, it's derived from RunUO's own housing system! Setup is fairly simple, with a step-by-step menu to guide you through the process.

Players can also rent out their property, as long as they own it! By speaking the "Create rental contract" command in their home, players can rent out unused rooms and make a little bit of cash on the side. This also works with classic and custom houses! You can also require players to have a renter's license to rent property, which you will have to add for sale. You can find that option in Misc/General.cs right near the top.

To begin as a staff member, [add TownHouseSign. Using this item will bring up that setup menu. The setup menu itself takes you step-by-step through the many different features you can apply to the home, with detailed explanations at every level.

In brief, here's all the neat things you can customize with the home: lockdowns, secures, the area and floors, the sign location, ban location, whether or not to include items in the area with the purchase, restrictions on who can purchase the home, how much to charge, whether it is a purchase or rent, automated price suggestion.

Once you are ready, move that Town House Sign near the area for sale, and players can use it to see if they wish to purchase the home. When they demolish the house, or it is deleted, the sign reappears automatically.

While the home is owned, you can change its price, lockdowns, secures, its area, and ownership requirements through the now invisible TownHouseSign. Just in case you need to adjust the home!

Installation:

-Remove any older versions of TownHouses.
-Remove any older version of Utilities
oNOTE: The Utilities version for RunUO 2.0 Utilities 1.03
oNOTE: The Utilities version for RunUO 1.0 is Utilities 1.02
-Place the TownHouses and Utilities folders into a custom folder!

Planned Features:

Bugs Reported:

None yet!

Contact Info: Send me an email day or night (Though I will likely be sleeping at night)! [email protected]

Attachments

• Town Houses v1.1 for RunUO2.0.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 572
  • TownHouses v1.1 for RunUO1.0.zip
    48.3 KB · Views: 300
  • RunUO 2.0 RC1 Patch 1.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 252

Alari

Wanderer
No script modifications, it's actually secure, supports irregular-shaped houses, and fully automated?

WOW! =D

HalfDead

Wanderer
Awesome but i have a ?

Ok im trying to own the wind garden and i have a problem.
i placed ownership on the garden with the townhousesign and then i accidentally wiped the housesign,

i have a house under a house and i cannot access the house on the bottom with no sighn

also on the one with the sign i cannot use it after i buy it , it turns to invisable,

nevermind i got it now, i restored server and redid it hehe

steeldarkness

Sorceror
Yup did that :D

Hmmmm.... I have not seen this problem on my shard. I made the same mistake but when the sign was gone it deleted the region of the house... I might test this on my shard again. Knives needs all info possiable for this. I personally think this is the best script to come since the OWLTR system :D. Another great thing about this script is you can use the areas as an admin to set random player vendors for certain Items. I have had this n myshard for almost a month and DAMN! I have done everything in the world to break this. But it works :D

Aaron

HalfDead

Wanderer
well what happened was,

i did not delete the house sign but the townhousesign.
after that i could not access it.

kmwill23

Sorceror
HalfDead said:
Ok im trying to own the wind garden and i have a problem.
i placed ownership on the garden with the townhousesign and then i accidentally wiped the housesign,

i have a house under a house and i cannot access the house on the bottom with no sighn

also on the one with the sign i cannot use it after i buy it , it turns to invisable,

nevermind i got it now, i restored server and redid it hehe

If you delete the house sign it creates, the house goes away too =)

I will see about adding deletion protection when the house connected to the sign is active. Makes sense!

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
Problem

After demolishing a town house, I [viewhouses my self and the house is still there, when I try to demolish it from there I get, "Unable to refund house.", the same if you set the price too high and the house is sold for 0 gold. When you try to refund it, you get the same message. I don't know if this is just something I did or what. Awesome script though, I'm still amazed that you don't have to edit distro.

By the way this was done using an Admin character, I haven't tried as a player yet.

kmwill23

Sorceror
TheNorthStar said:
After demolishing a town house, I [viewhouses my self and the house is still there, when I try to demolish it from there I get, "Unable to refund house.", the same if you set the price too high and the house is sold for 0 gold. When you try to refund it, you get the same message. I don't know if this is just something I did or what. Awesome script though, I'm still amazed that you don't have to edit distro.

By the way this was done using an Admin character, I haven't tried as a player yet.

Are you absolutely certain the house on [viewhouses was the same one? Try clicking go to house, just to be sure!

Addition: And it does the same when you put a realllllly high price on it? *runs to test*

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
They have to be the same one, they are all called "TownHouse", I do own 2 more houses that are normal houses, but houses 3 - 9 are the exact same house, only repeated from demolishes and rebuilds. I'll fiddle around and see if I can find out why it does that.

EDIT: Yeah the price was REALLY high, I was just playing around with things and didn't notice the price had put it self to 0, so when I bought it, it apparenly could not refund a check for 0. Or something like that :)

EDIT 2: Well I can't seem to repeat the problem from earlier. But do you know of a way to remove those from my list?

kmwill23

Sorceror
TheNorthStar said:
They have to be the same one, they are all called "TownHouse", I do own 2 more houses that are normal houses, but houses 3 - 9 are the exact same house, only repeated from demolishes and rebuilds. I'll fiddle around and see if I can find out why it does that.

The name on [viewhouses will always show TownHouse, no matter how many you have built. Will have to reserach and find where I can change that =)

I did a swift test, and so far everything looks okay on my end. Deletes fine etc. Of course if the price is set to zero, it won't allow demolish! I will add changing the price to 1 if it is set to 0.

Addition: If you goto the house through [viewhouses, you should be able to delete the house sign. If you want to get tricky...

[global get x where townhouse
(find the X equal to the house in question)
[global delete where townhouse x is XXX

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
Well I there are no house signs to remove it with, and it's located in the internal facet. I'm having a lot of trouble removing it :)

EDIT: nevermind I just now saw the second part of that post, used those command and it's all clear now, thanks

Memnoch

Wanderer
how is it that players make secures or lockdowns. We are testing out the system and "i wish to lock this down" or "i wish to secure this" do not seem to work.

Ok, we are apparently having a problem setting up the house... The lockdowns seem to work in some places but not all..? Also when in private mode, the house owner/admin cannot seem to enter.

Problem fixed, i needed to be more through in setting the tiles of the building. The 1 problem so far that we cannot fix is getting caught in the invisible barrier between the house region and the other region. I do a few rubberbands as an admin, but eventuly it lets me in or out. Great script with only a minor bug so far.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Memnoch said:
how is it that players make secures or lockdowns. We are testing out the system and "i wish to lock this down" or "i wish to secure this" do not seem to work.

Ok, we are apparently having a problem setting up the house... The lockdowns seem to work in some places but not all..? Also when in private mode, the house owner/admin cannot seem to enter.

Mem, PM me the shard name if you are on UOG, or the connection info if not. I'll come on and see what's up.

Addition: I have never seen the rubberbanding you mentioned, except during closed beta where they tried making LB's castle into a house and left space where non-faction folk couldn't enter =) That's the only place I can imagine any kind of rubberbanding between regions.

Tannis

Knight
Tintamar and I are also having the same problem as TheNorthStar did. We built a little place, and set it to be purchased. Tintamar purchased it on a player character, and then we deleted it. It still said he owned the townhouse. I did what you said in a previous post with the [global get...and it said the item had been deleted. He still can't purchase another house on that account, and it's still showing in his menu that he owns one. Also, when I purchase a house all goes fine, the original house sign displaying lockdowns goes invisible to all but staff, and a normal house sign appears in it's place. When anyone else tries to purchase a house it doesn't work. The sign still says it has been marked for sale, and no other house sign pops up. Tintamar has used 3 accounts so far, and all characters have become "bugged" and unable to purchase another house, or use the one they've purchased.

*edit*

We've tried a few different buildings now. Some will work for me, and some won't. Still can't get any to work for any type of player character.

Tintamar

Sorceror
We got it figured out.

If you dont set the house up in a specific order it will get bugged.

When setting up a house you need to do it in this order.

Set blocks (Region)
Ban Location
Sign Location
Price it and set secures and lock downs.

Then it works fine with no problems.

Is that the learning curve? :)

Very nice work kmwill.
So far I have enjoyed everything you have made. You definitly make things user friendly.
Ive seen the old [msg system that required editing distro files and old static house system that required editing distro files and thats one thing you do that makes your scripts and submissions exceed many others... No Editing Distros. Plug and Play!

Awesome work again.
My players will enjoy this as they do your chat system.

wagenhuis

Wanderer
Hello,

I added this script to my server.
And so far it looks AMAZING !!
its really the best housing script ever ...
Though I didn't really test it but just added and removed it ...

so...
This script is worth 10/10 ...

Enjoy