RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0]NEW Advanced Player Gate w/Shard Control

Lokai

Knight
[2.0]NEW Advanced Player Gate w/Shard Control

NEW Advanced Player Gate w/Shard Control

WARNING. MAY PRODUCE ERRORS IN RC1. If you are not using SVN 181 or above, you may need to MERGE changes rather than just replacing files, for Shard Control.

This may seem redundant, since both of these systems have their own release page, but please read the entire post first, and you will understand why I created a separate thread for this.

These scripts/modifications were written by me. I have combined them here in order to introduce a concept inspired by the cries for help on the Script Support threads.

First, the Advanced Player Gate:

IMPORTANT: Read almost everything about the Gate in this post:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...unuo-2-0-rc1-lokais-advanced-player-gate.html

The following changes were made to the Gate:

- Added Individual Stat Caps for players - you can set how high their STR, INT or DEX can go. (Requires ShardControl.)
- Removed the Item-adding capability (found it too buggy to work with)

Next, the ShardControl:

IMPORTANT: Read almost everything about ShardControl in this post:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/82190-shardcontrol-cs-common-script-changes.html

The following changes were made to ShardControl:

- Added line that shows the Admin the amount of time the last save took.
- Added Individual Stat Cap variable - default value of 125
- Added persistent Dictionaries to save players' IntCap, DexCap and StrCap values, stored based on the value of the player's Serial.
- SkillCheck.cs and TestCenter.cs were updated to use the new Stat Caps instead of using 125.
- New gump for all players [StatCaps, which will show the player's current Stat Caps.

Installation:

The scripts are contained in the folders where they most likely already reside in your Server's folder. So, if you don't mind replacing your files with these, just extract them and overwrite your files. Further instructions are contained in the Installation.txt file in the Zip. The AdvancedPlayerGate.cs file is in the Custom/Lokai folder. If you have an earlier version of this file, find it and replace it with this one.

How to Use ShardControl in Game:

- First, ShardControl is designed to take some of the Scripting worries away from busy Admins, so they can make some significant changes on the fly, without needing to reboot and recompile the Server. If you haven't already, please read the link above describing the features.
- Use the [Add command to create a ShardControl item. It will look like the Elven Ornate Box. If you have previous ShardControl items in the world, you may want to delete them, although the script should load correctly in any case.
- Next, use one of the commands that came with the ShardControl to set the features the way you want them.

How to Use ShardControl's StatCaps in Your Scripts:

If you have the ShardControl and you want to create your own Race system or whatever, to use the StatCap feature, simply refer to the appropriate public Dictionary by name, and make sure you check to see if the player's Serial.Value is already found before you access it. If you are just trying to read the Cap, then use ShardControl.GetIntCap, ShardControl.GetStrCap, or ShardControl.GetDexCap to retrieve the value stored. If not present, it will return the default value.

How to Use the AdvancedPlayerGate:

- First, if you haven't already, please read the link above which describes most of the Gate's features.
- In a nutshell, AdvancedPlayerGate is a moongate with a TON of features that lets you set almost all of the properties in the Game, rather than needing to script the Gates yourself.
- All of the Gate's features are accessible through [props, but most of the features are also available through the built in Gump. Just double-click on the Gate, and it will show you (or the player) all of the features in the Gate. As a GM, you will also have buttons letting you turn ON/OFF features, Raise and Lower Skills/Stats/SkillCaps and now Individual StatCaps too.
- Page ONE of the Gump features Skills and Stats, and Page TWO features all of the Caps.
- You can also give Titles to players, give Items based on Skills of a certain level, and even change the Hue and give random Names.

To recap, the reason I am releasing the ShardControl in a new Thread is because of this very important new feature of Individual StatCaps. And, in order to showcase the new feature, I am also releasing the AdvancedPlayerGate, modified with the new StatCap feature. Scripters wishing to use their own Race/Class system will, of course, be able to use the new features of the ShardControl for thier own scripts.

Attachments

• ShardControl w-Advanced Player Gate.zip
    45.4 KB · Views: 843

Soultaker

Sorceror
Dang this is sweet!!! already use the advanced player gate... thanks for the New fix on that btw... works perfectly now.!! i like the shard control... thats a heck of alot easier than doing it the old way *cough* editing lol
Thanks
Soultaker

PrinceArda

Sorceror
Ive just read it and i think its an awesome script.

i installed the script but i got this error message:

Code:
+ Misc.ShardControl.cs:

CS0115: Line 107: 'Server.Misc.ShardControl.Display/e light' : no suitable
method found to override.

is it because of the time system script im using?

Lokai

Knight
PrinceArda;689862 said:
Ive just read it and i think its an awesome script.

i installed the script but i got this error message:

Code:
+ Misc.ShardControl.cs:

CS0115: Line 107: 'Server.Misc.ShardControl.Display/e light' : no suitable
method found to override.

is it because of the time system script im using?

per the instructions.txt, if you are not using SVN, you need to comment out the DisplayWeight function.

PrinceArda

Sorceror
error

ok i fixed that problem.

but i have these errors now. i also checked this script with a clean Runuo 2 RC1, and i still get the same error message:
Code:
[B]Errors:[/B]

[B]+ Accounting/account.cs:[/B]
[INDENT]CS0117: Line 912: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition for 'IPTables'
CS0117: Line 913: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition for 'IPTables'
CS0117: Line 915: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition for 'IPTables'
CS0117: Line 915: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition for 'IPTables'[/INDENT]
[B]+ Misc/CaracterCreation.cs[/B]
[INDENT]CS0117: Line 638: 'Server.Race' does not contain a definition for 'RequiredExpansion'[/INDENT]

Lokai

Knight
PrinceArda;689879 said:
ok i fixed that problem.

but i have these errors now. i also checked this script with a clean Runuo 2 RC1, and i still get the same error message:
Code:
[B]Errors:[/B]

[B]+ Accounting/account.cs:[/B][INDENT]CS0117: Line 912: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition for 'IPTables'[/INDENT]

[INDENT]CS0117: Line 913: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition for 'IPTables'[/INDENT]

[INDENT]CS0117: Line 915: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition for 'IPTables'[/INDENT]

[INDENT]CS0117: Line 915: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition for 'IPTables'[/INDENT][B]+ Misc/CaracterCreation.cs[/B][INDENT]CS0117: Line 638: 'Server.Race' does not contain a definition for 'RequiredExpansion'[/INDENT]

I only made small changes to those 2 scripts. I recommend that you just open the files to see which sections I added, and incorporate them into your RC1 scripts. I believe I was using SVN 181 with these scripts, which would account for your errors.

PrinceArda

Sorceror
are there any ways to make this script work on Runuo 2 Rc1? I am terrible with C# language so i don't understand what to change. =(

Can you please give me a few hints to make this script runable at Runuo 2 Rc1?

Ahrkan

Wanderer
I'm new to RunUO, but I still know that this is a good script! I've just got a question, is there a way to make it so when the player steps into the portal and get teleported to britain, they can choose 3 skills to start at 50, also when I set the "Set_STAT_str/dex/int" option none of them change (and the "_ChangesStats" is set to true. Thanks in advanced.

Edit: Okay so I found a "welcomeskillball" script, and if anyone could help me use the skill gump in it and put it in the advanced player gate script I'd be very thankful.

Lokai

Knight
PrinceArda;691946 said:
are there any ways to make this script work on Runuo 2 Rc1? I am terrible with C# language so i don't understand what to change. =(

Can you please give me a few hints to make this script runable at Runuo 2 Rc1?

AutoSave.cs: probably want to just replace your file with mine.
ShardControl.cs: should work if you remove the "DisplayWeight" method.
SkillCheck.cs: use mine, unless you have special features on yours. If so, post to script support forum for help.
AdvancedPlayerGate.cs: should work with RC1.

All the rest: look for #region code indicating changes or additions for Shard Control.

PrinceArda

Sorceror
help!

Thank you very much Lokai! I will try it right away.

.... >< oh :eek: i suck! - i still cant get it right.

here is the error message i get, and here are the scripts that are on my server.. whats wrong with them??!

I've tried and tried.. for hours, but i couldn't get it right
:rolleyes:

Code:
Errors:
 + Accounting/Account.cs:
    CS0117: Line 912: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition
 for 'IPTables'
    CS0117: Line 913: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition
 for 'IPTables'
    CS0117: Line 915: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition
 for 'IPTables'
    CS0117: Line 915: 'Server.Misc.AccountHandler' does not contain a definition
 for 'IPTables'
 + Misc/CharacterCreation.cs:
    CS0117: Line 638: 'Server.Race' does not contain a definition for 'RequiredE
xpansion'

Scripts :

Lokai

Knight
That does not make any sense.

AccountHandler.cs and CharacterCreation.cs I only made one or two small changes in each.

Get your original files for those 2 scripts, and then look in mine for sections marked by these #region tags:

PHP:
#region Changed for ShardControl
//This is the code I added.
#endregion

Copy those sections from my scripts, and paste them to your fresh copies. DO NOT USE MY VERSION OF THESE 2 FILES AS THEY ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH YOURS.

PrinceArda

Sorceror
Phew!

Thank's a lot Lokai! Its finally working. =)

Sorry i didnt understand only region codes were required to run that script.. i thought other changes were required too.

but now i understand what a region code is and i understand how to add this script to a server. =)

i learn a bit scripting with every script i install. :)

again, Thanks a lot. its a wonderful script =)

Flats

Page
PrinceArda;692155 said:
Phew!

Thank's a lot Lokai! Its finally working. =)

Sorry i didnt understand only region codes were required to run that script.. i thought other changes were required too.

but now i understand what a region code is and i understand how to add this script to a server. =)

i learn a bit scripting with every script i install. :)

again, Thanks a lot. its a wonderful script =)

How in the world did you get it to work?! I've been trying this for hours now and tried yesterday and all i kept on getting was errors....Any chance your making one for RC1 maybe please?

PrinceArda

Sorceror
[RUNUO 2 RC1] Lokai's Shard Control w/ Advanced Player Gate

Here you go mate:

Description:
This works with RUNUO 2 RC1.

Install:
Extract it to your Scripts folder, and replace files.

Attachments

• RC1 ShardControl w-Advanced Player Gate.zip
    45.3 KB · Views: 95

Flats

Page
PrinceArda;692196 said:
Here you go mate:

Description:
This works with RUNUO 2 RC1.

Install:
Extract it to your Scripts folder, and replace files.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+++Karma!!!! :)

Zolomon

Wanderer
Error

Hello!

I get errors when I run this script, could anyone help me? :) *Points to attachment*

Thanks in advance!
//Zolomon

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 86