RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0]NEW Advanced Player Gate w/Shard Control

Flats

Page
Zolomon;698193 said:
Hello!

I get errors when I run this script, could anyone help me? :) *Points to attachment*

Thanks in advance!
//Zolomon

Sure we can!
BEFORE YOU READ THIS PLEASE READ THE END OF POST

These errors have a pretty simple fix...
The cause of the errors is that you just unzipped the scripts Lokai provided & didnt delete the ones you have already...Some of them you need to replace....

Do a search for AccountHandler.cs
Your going to find two of them. Delete the one that ISNT in Custom/ShardControl/AccountHandler

Do A Search For PetResurrectGump.cs
Your going to find two of them. Same As With AcountHandler.cs Delete the one that ISNT in your custom folders which would mean

Go to RunUO/Scripts/Gumps Folder
Delete Both PerResurrectGump.cs & ResurrectGump.cs

Then Go To RunUO/Scripts/Misc Folder
Delete AutoSave.cs
Delete CharacterCreation.cs
Delete ProfanityProtection.cs
Delete SkillCheck.cs

Then Go To RunUO/Scripts/Misc/Test Center Folder
Delete TestCenter.cs

Then Go To RunUO/Scripts/Spells/Base Folder
Delete Spell.cs

YOU CAN DELETE THESE FILES & RESTART YOUR SERVER AND IT SHOULD COMPILE BUT DO NOT DELETE THESE FILES IF YOU EDITED ANY OF THEM FOR A DIFFRENT SCRIPT. IF YOU HAVE DONE SO YOU WILL NEED TO MERGE AND FIND THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN BOTH SCRIPTS AND ADD WHAT YOU DONT FIND IN YOUR ORIGINAL SCRIPTS THAT ARE IN THE SCRIPTS LOKAI PROVIDED ALSO REMEMBER TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR WHOLE RUNUO FOLDER BEFORE TRYING THIS!!!!

Flats

Page
Zolomon;698202 said:
Ah, thanks for the quick reply.

It seems to work, thank you! Most kind :)

Regards,
//Zolomon

No Problem! :D
I don't have anything to do now so why not help people?! Hehe

Lokai

Knight
I just was made aware of this little factoid, for those that may be interested.

Someone wanted to use this system, but did not want to ruin their custom AutoSave.cs file, since they had worked so hard on it, had a cool gump, and all that jazz. Anyway, they did not want to try to merge it, either.

I advised them that THIS SYSTEM WORKS WITHOUT IT. That's right, you can feel free to use your own AutoSave.cs file, and the rest of this system will work JUST FINE! (Of course, the AutoSave features in the system will not work, but the rest will be fine.)

Just thought you all might like to know.

neuton

Wanderer
I am new to RunUO, and I am still learning how to do things, I have installed the ML pack you put together Lokai and it works fine, however when I extracted the files from your other 2 zips ( AdvancedPlayer, ShardControl) I get a lot of errors when re-starting the server.

Is there a way for you to test them and see what you see from it, I didn't get a screenshot of the errors sorry, but they point to alot of the spells scripts.

If you need to see the errors then I can re-incorporate the files again and run the server and show you a screenshot then.

Thanks You for all the work you do for Runuo.
Neuton

Lokai

Knight
neuton;706970 said:
I am new to RunUO, and I am still learning how to do things, I have installed the ML pack you put together Lokai and it works fine, however when I extracted the files from your other 2 zips ( AdvancedPlayer, ShardControl) I get a lot of errors when re-starting the server.

Is there a way for you to test them and see what you see from it, I didn't get a screenshot of the errors sorry, but they point to alot of the spells scripts.

If you need to see the errors then I can re-incorporate the files again and run the server and show you a screenshot then.

Thanks You for all the work you do for Runuo.
Neuton

You cannot simply extract the files from this system over Malganis' ML release, as it will overwrite stuff needed in Spell.cs, among other things probably.

What you need to do instead is find out what changes I made to each script, and add those to your scripts. I think for Spell, it was pretty simple, I just added an "if" condition to see if the "NoRegs" option was turned on.

neuton

Wanderer
Ok I finally got the scripts merged with no error, however I am trying out the commands like m_TCEnabled and nothing happens. I have tried it like [shard m_TCEnabled, [m_TCEnabled and nothing works. I do [shard and it still says the Test Center settings off

Lokai

Knight
neuton;723660 said:
Ok I finally got the scripts merged with no error, however I am trying out the commands like m_TCEnabled and nothing happens. I have tried it like [shard m_TCEnabled, [m_TCEnabled and nothing works. I do [shard and it still says the Test Center settings off

Sorry, I should have made a friendlier gump or something. Here are all the commands that come with ShardControl:

"Shard Help" - displays the settings in a gump (no edit capability yet)
"Shard Save filename.xml" - saves the settings to an xml file.
"Shard Load filename.xml" - loads the settings saved earlier.
"Shard Delay 30" - sets the delay between saves to 30 minutes.
"Shard Warning 30" - sets the warning before saves to 30 seconds.
"Shard TCEnabled true" - turns on Test Center.
"Shard StartGold 20000" - sets the start gold in the pack to 20000.
"Shard accounts 3" - sets the number of accounts per IP to 3.
"Shard AAC true" - turns ON auto account creation of new accounts.
"Shard Indiv 125" - sets the default individual statcap to 125.
"Shard statcap 350" - sets all players statcaps to 350.
"Shard skillscap 7000" - sets the skills cap of all players to 700.0.
"Shard RegsEnabled true" - sets Reagent use ON, meaning regs are needed.
"Shard ResFullHealth true" - means when you resurrect you are full health.
"Shard PetResFullHealth true" - means pets are full health when resurrected.
"Shard protection true" - enables Profanity Protection.
"Shard action 4" - Disconnects players who violate the Profanity Protection.
"Shard gains 2" - Sets skill gains to 'C_Normal'.
"Shard" - displays settings (not in a gump, just on the screen.)
"ShardControl" - same as "Shard"
"StatCaps" - Any player can use this command to display individual statcaps.

NOTE: Individual Stat Caps can NOT be adjusted using Shard Control by itself, which was why I created the AdvancedPlayerGate, which makes use of the Dictionary of values which are stored in the ShardControl stone.

WARNING: if you create a 2nd ShardControl, it will wipe out all previous settings including individual statcaps. Individual stat caps for players will be cleared, and the default setting will be used. Individual Player's stat caps are NOT stored in the XML files which are saved and loaded using the Shard command.

neuton

Wanderer
Thank So much Lokai this is what I need, I appreciate it alot. I believe alot of others would find it useful. :p

Elora

Wanderer
*waves* hello.
I was wondering if I could get a big push in the right direction with these warnings and errors. :) I'm a complete newbie with RunUO and the C# language. I followed the install directions. Then went searching for answers to the errors I was receiving. so far, I haven't been able to pull a rabbit out of my... anyway, I haven't quite figured out how to fix the errors and warnings.

The warnings are talking about adding a new keyword for magery spells, the errors are saying "type must be 'int' to match overridden member."
I'm learning as I go, and I'm excited to. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
~Elora

Lokai

Knight
Elora;749848 said:
*waves* hello.
I was wondering if I could get a big push in the right direction with these warnings and errors. :) I'm a complete newbie with RunUO and the C# language. I followed the install directions. Then went searching for answers to the errors I was receiving. so far, I haven't been able to pull a rabbit out of my... anyway, I haven't quite figured out how to fix the errors and warnings.

The warnings are talking about adding a new keyword for magery spells, the errors are saying "type must be 'int' to match overridden member."
I'm learning as I go, and I'm excited to. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
~Elora

What version of RunUO are you using? This system was made with the SVN Server about revision 181. If you are using something much earlier or much later, there could be differences in the core scripts.

When you run the Server, the Command window (or Console) has a menu in the top left corner at the icon. If you click the icon, choose Edit -> then select "Mark" you should be able to drag to highlight sections of the window, and copy them using the Edit menu again, or by pressing ENTER. Once copied, you can then Paste into any Windows program.

If you don't mind, could you try that, and paste the exact error here?

Elora

Wanderer
Lokai;749904 said:
What version of RunUO are you using? This system was made with the SVN Server about revision 181. If you are using something much earlier or much later, there could be differences in the core scripts.

I'm using RunUO 2.0 RC2. I'll attach the errors and warnings. Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate it.

Attachments

• warnings.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Errors.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 24

Lokai

Knight
Elora;749951 said:
I'm using RunUO 2.0 RC2. I'll attach the errors and warnings. Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate it.

Looks like Spell.cs was changed in RC2. You need to put the original RC2 version of that script back in place. If you want to use Shard Control to affect the use of reagents, then you only need to make 2 small additions to Spell.cs, and they will NOT produce those errors.

At the top of the script, BEFORE
Code:
namespace Server.Spells
{

Add this:

Code:
#region Added for Shard Control 1/2
using Server.Misc;
#endregion

And immediately AFTER this:

Code:
  public virtual bool ConsumeReagents()
  {

Add this:

Code:
#region Added for Shard Control 2/2
            if (!ShardControl.RegsEnabled)
                return true;
#endregion

Elora

Wanderer
Code:
using Server.Misc;
#endregion

and
Code:
                return true;
#endregion

were already in spells.cs.
You wouldn't happen to have any other ideas, would you? :eek: Thank you for all your help.

Lokai

Knight
Elora;750027 said:
Code:
using Server.Misc;
#endregion

and
Code:
                return true;
#endregion

were already in spells.cs.
You wouldn't happen to have any other ideas, would you? :eek: Thank you for all your help.

No, they are NOT in the original spell.cs.

I told you, replace mine with the original spell.cs that you backed up before you put mine in, or if you didn't back it up, get a copy of RC2, and copy spell.cs from there to your RunUO folder, then make the additions that I showed. OK?

Elora

Wanderer
Thank you for that! (I'm sorry, sometimes lack of sleep makes me miss things)
That fixed most of the errors, now there is only one dealing with spellweaving.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Errors.txt
    362 bytes · Views: 24

Lokai

Knight
Elora;750032 said:
Thank you for that! (I'm sorry, sometimes lack of sleep makes me miss things)
That fixed most of the errors, now there is only one dealing with spellweaving.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

OK. Here again, RC2 was not released when I made these, so these scripts are a good bit older than the ones from RC2 that you replaced with mine. Looks like PetResurrectGump and ResurrectGump both use different constructors than in my script. So, once again, put the original file back.

Once you have the original file back, do the same thing you did before. Find the sections that I added in mine, and copy them to the corresponding locations in the originals. If you can't figure it out, post again, and I will be more specific. But, I think you will learn something about scripting if you can figure out the correct way to merge my changes into the original script.

Let me know.

Elora

Wanderer
Got it. Thank you, so much. And you're right. I am learning, slowly, but I'm enjoying it immensely. Thank you, for everything you do.

Hotshot

Sorceror
Eric, You can get a Free version of WinRar, If it still says File when you D/L it and save it to Custom Scripts, then right click on it again and click on open with, then chose WinRar, then Click on Extract Files in Folder.
I hope i helped :)