RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 RC1, 1.0 Final] Knives' TownHouses 2.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
qwerty84;632647 said:
send messages

"this is not a valid command"

You don't have TownHouses 2.0 installed. This command is new to TownHouses 2.0.

It looks like you downloaded the 1.0 version then saw this topic and assumed they were the same one. You should download the one in this post and remove the old.

This one also doesn't use the Utilities, which is another clue.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
one problem i had at first, i was doing [townhouse...and kept getting the error.

then realized it is [townhouses (with an s) and it worked fine...

command shouldn't have the s in my opinion...easy enough to change, but threw me off at first lol

i like how it does the names and what not, but it doesn't change when someone buys the house....so it seems kinda pointless to me...*shrug* unless im missing a different purpose behind it. cause if you change the name it would change the sale sign wouldn't it?

great fun to play around with though...i like the quick setup and easier explanation of the last couple of pages....all in all a WONDERFUL update :)

Crowley62

Sorceror
While testing another script i found this warning in the townhouse script
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
 + Customs/Town Houses v2.0/Items/TownHouse.cs:
    CS0114: Line 46: 'Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.BaseBanLocation' hides inherit
ed member 'Knives.TownHouses.VersionHouse.BaseBanLocation'. To make the current
member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the
 new keyword.
Not sure if it is a big deal but thought i would show you

kmwill23

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech;632791 said:
one problem i had at first, i was doing [townhouse...and kept getting the error.

then realized it is [townhouses (with an s) and it worked fine...

command shouldn't have the s in my opinion...easy enough to change, but threw me off at first lol

i like how it does the names and what not, but it doesn't change when someone buys the house....so it seems kinda pointless to me...*shrug* unless im missing a different purpose behind it. cause if you change the name it would change the sale sign wouldn't it?

great fun to play around with though...i like the quick setup and easier explanation of the last couple of pages....all in all a WONDERFUL update :)

I added the 's' since it brings up a list of all the townhouses on the shard =) I might as well add both commands to avoid that confusion. The name I added so you could identify which building it was. You could always keep the "Marked for sale" tag, but I personally like to give mine more descriptive names like "Small Shoppe in Britain". After purchasing, of course, I wanted the player to have complete control over that name, so I didn't trasfer the name to the house itself =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Crowley62;633331 said:
While testing another script i found this warning in the townhouse script
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
 + Customs/Town Houses v2.0/Items/TownHouse.cs:
    CS0114: Line 46: 'Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.BaseBanLocation' hides inherit
ed member 'Knives.TownHouses.VersionHouse.BaseBanLocation'. To make the current
member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the
 new keyword.
Not sure if it is a big deal but thought i would show you

Thanks! I forgot to remove that method from TownHouse.cs =)

Hey knives:
First off I want to say how amazing I find this system. I literally have only 1 runUO submitted system on my server, and that would be this one. this script just has endless potential, anyone would be foolish to pass it up.

However, I am having a slight problem. Now I have used this system since 1.0, and have set up probly 60 to 75 houses with this system. So trust me when I say its nothing wrong with the setup of a townhouse.

I was suffering from the phantom staircase problem on my server. so I came here, and found the 2 patches. At this point the system is working perfectly.

I toke the entire knives town house system installation ( every file associated with it ) and removed it from the server entirally.

Then I did a restart on the server and deleted all instances of it. Once the server loaded I did a second restart for good meassures.

Then I overwrote the file for patch one

then I overwrote the same file for patch two

Then I took the town house system with the 2 patches installed, and added it to the server

then I restarted the server.

Now the server compiles fine, I can add the system, and go through the entire house setup. but as soon as I finish the house, and claim it, when I go inside and try to use any of the commands ( I wish to lock this down, I wish to secure this, I wish to release this ) nothing happens.

I have tried redoing each step, I have tried removing that townhousesign and adding another, I have tried doing it in another location, on another map, nothing.

Have any idea where I should start looking for the root of this problem? I've never done any mods to the housing systems on my server. Also I am running RunUO 2.0 RC1.

Thanks in advance for any light you may be able to shed on this issue.

segooey

Wanderer
I had the same issue with commands not working, so I "redrew" the house area to include the wall with the door. Commands worked fine after that.

kmwill23

Sorceror
segooey;634680 said:
I had the same issue with commands not working, so I "redrew" the house area to include the wall with the door. Commands worked fine after that.

Hhhmmm, this actually gives me an idea for what might be causing. Excellent =)

My issue has been resolved thanks to Knives himself. He was prompt and professional. He took the time to personally inspect my system to identify my problem, and then instructed me on how to resolve it. Truely few scriptors out there would give such great support for their scripts. Sadly all I can offer is a heart felt thank you. This system is in my opinion the BEST script on these forums, and It would be a shame to go without it.

My issue was a problem on my end. Im not quite sure how as I downloaded the script from this thread ( or could of swore I did since I posted to it when I downloaded it) but some how the version that I ended up installing into my server was out of date. I simply needed to redownload the script and install it, and everything worked perfectly.

Also on a side note, knives has added new commands ( [townhouses ) and done some gump work on the system. Setup is easier and cleaner then ever. The system is truely evolving into something I feel should be included in the runuo distro files. Keep up the great work knives!

Edit: Omfg Im a moron. 2 seconds after I posted this, my own words gave me an idea. turns out who ever set up the custom region the house is in set the region priority to 99, which apparently is higher then the townhouse systems. I turned its priority down and everything works fine!

God Ive been going bad over this for about 3 weeks now, and it was something sooo dumb... *sigh* Thanks anyways guys..

Hello again knives:

I hate to bring bad news, but sadly the problem was never fixed. When I tried it before I did the install on a test server. Well some reason the townhouse works fine on my test server, but is still having that same problem on the live server. I have a remote desktop, and Im staring at both the test server and the remote one, and their files are identical.

Neither server has any of your other systems, and I checked both systems data folder to make sure nothing was associated with your systems.

The only new information I can bring to you is this. on the test server when I enter the house, the light level goes to 50 ( bright ). on the live server, nothing occurs when I enter the house

The lack of light level change, and verbal commands not being lisened to makes me believe this is a region issue. When you have some time I would appriciate your expertise on this matter. thank you in advance for your assistance.

Spooky953

Wanderer
Thank you!

Thank you very much for this script. This is by far the best thing I have found so far. This is the solution I have been looking for. I have been toying with the Idea of gradually converting all towns in the game to player run towns, and what the best way to implement that would be. I think this script will help towards that end.

kmwill23

Sorceror
vermillion2083;640387 said:
Edit: Omfg Im a moron. 2 seconds after I posted this, my own words gave me an idea. turns out who ever set up the custom region the house is in set the region priority to 99, which apparently is higher then the townhouse systems. I turned its priority down and everything works fine!

God Ive been going bad over this for about 3 weeks now, and it was something sooo dumb... *sigh* Thanks anyways guys..

Hello again knives:

I hate to bring bad news, but sadly the problem was never fixed. When I tried it before I did the install on a test server. Well some reason the townhouse works fine on my test server, but is still having that same problem on the live server. I have a remote desktop, and Im staring at both the test server and the remote one, and their files are identical.

Neither server has any of your other systems, and I checked both systems data folder to make sure nothing was associated with your systems.

The only new information I can bring to you is this. on the test server when I enter the house, the light level goes to 50 ( bright ). on the live server, nothing occurs when I enter the house

The lack of light level change, and verbal commands not being lisened to makes me believe this is a region issue. When you have some time I would appriciate your expertise on this matter. thank you in advance for your assistance.

Good to see a solution found!

LordHogFred

Knight
Firstly, fantastic update and the system works perfectly, good job, again! :cool:

Just a couple of small suggestions though, first being (if it's not already possible obviously) can the house sign have it's direction predefined? I setting up some Inn rooms and the rooms are East facing but the signs hang in midair.
Also to make it so that only selected items are given to the buyer, for example some houses have candelabras in the house now I don't really want to get rid of them but I also don't want players to be able to get candelabras just by renting an Inn room for a week.

Irrelevant of that again the system is amazing and gives a huge new dimension to the game :).

EDIT: Also could the Buy sign have the option to have a hanger that gets hidden with the sign when it's bought?

kmwill23

Sorceror
LordHogFred;643011 said:
Firstly, fantastic update and the system works perfectly, good job, again! :cool:

Just a couple of small suggestions though, first being (if it's not already possible obviously) can the house sign have it's direction predefined? I setting up some Inn rooms and the rooms are East facing but the signs hang in midair.
Also to make it so that only selected items are given to the buyer, for example some houses have candelabras in the house now I don't really want to get rid of them but I also don't want players to be able to get candelabras just by renting an Inn room for a week.

Irrelevant of that again the system is amazing and gives a huge new dimension to the game :).

EDIT: Also could the Buy sign have the option to have a hanger that gets hidden with the sign when it's bought?

The flipping of the signs is tricky buisness =) I could see about checking the direction of the setup sign and basing it off that.

I know once upon a time someone had the idea of excluding items from sale. At the time I thought it would have been very very complicated, but have since done similar things may times. I can include that =)

Now, on the hanger. If I read you right, you are wanting an option to not produce the sign hanger for the system, leaving a sign hanger you put in place yourself?

LordHogFred

Knight
kmwill23;643221 said:
The flipping of the signs is tricky buisness =) I could see about checking the direction of the setup sign and basing it off that.

I know once upon a time someone had the idea of excluding items from sale. At the time I thought it would have been very very complicated, but have since done similar things may times. I can include that =)

Now, on the hanger. If I read you right, you are wanting an option to not produce the sign hanger for the system, leaving a sign hanger you put in place yourself?

Ah cool thankee :).
As regards the sign hanger thingy. I place my buy house signs inside some of my houses (namely Inn rooms) however the problem is that when the house is bought the hanger I have added for the Buy sign is locked down as an item. What I'm asking is if it would be possible to have an option for the Buy sign to have a hanger that when the house was bought would go invisible along with the sign itself. But now that you mention it an option to not include a sign hanger could also be useful :).

babyfoxx

Wanderer
I installed for RunUO 2.0 and got this crash. I added a small tower with house placement tool, made into a town house..then crashed. Anyone have an idea what caused it?

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Map.RemoveMulti(BaseMulti m, Sector start, Sector end)
at Server.Map.OnLeave(Item item)
at Server.Item.Delete()
at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

the_hopkins

Wanderer
Knives:

First off, let me say thank you. This script is absolutely incredible. I've been playing around with it and it works fantastically well. I waited and waited to try it out, and now I'm kicking myself for doing so. :rolleyes:

I do have one problem, though. In the very first screen of the townhouse setup gump, the "Name" textbox is not editable. The default "This building is..." is set, and I can't change it no matter what I do. The Quick Setup screen has the same problem. All of the other edit boxes can be changed, so it's not like the entire system's screwed up. I can create townhouses, they just all have the same name, so I can't tell them apart. I tried redownloading the archive listed in the first post, just to be certain I had the latest version, but the problem persists. I haven't editted any of the files, nor have I ever had the utilities packages or Knives' Chat referred to in the previous posts. Any idea what the problem could be?

kmwill23

Sorceror
babyfoxx;646420 said:
I installed for RunUO 2.0 and got this crash. I added a small tower with house placement tool, made into a town house..then crashed. Anyone have an idea what caused it?

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Map.RemoveMulti(BaseMulti m, Sector start, Sector end)
at Server.Map.OnLeave(Item item)
at Server.Item.Delete()
at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Sadly, this is a 2.0 core error. Krrios has it fixed in the SVN.

kmwill23

Sorceror
the_hopkins;646516 said:
Knives:

First off, let me say thank you. This script is absolutely incredible. I've been playing around with it and it works fantastically well. I waited and waited to try it out, and now I'm kicking myself for doing so. :rolleyes:

I do have one problem, though. In the very first screen of the townhouse setup gump, the "Name" textbox is not editable. The default "This building is..." is set, and I can't change it no matter what I do. The Quick Setup screen has the same problem. All of the other edit boxes can be changed, so it's not like the entire system's screwed up. I can create townhouses, they just all have the same name, so I can't tell them apart. I tried redownloading the archive listed in the first post, just to be certain I had the latest version, but the problem persists. I haven't editted any of the files, nor have I ever had the utilities packages or Knives' Chat referred to in the previous posts. Any idea what the problem could be?

You are able to edit it, but the cursor will be off to the right of the box =) Just click it once and press backspace until you see it.

the_hopkins

Wanderer
Oh. Yeah, I was just about to try that. <Hides under the table in embarrassment> Works like a charm. Thanks again for a fantastic script!