RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 RC1, 1.0 Final] Knives' TownHouses 2.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
the_hopkins;647002 said:
Oh. Yeah, I was just about to try that. <Hides under the table in embarrassment> Works like a charm. Thanks again for a fantastic script!

Even small concerns like this are worth telling me about, tells me I need to increase the field size =)

Soultaker

Sorceror
Hiya, nothing too big but i found a few Warnings

Not anything to stressful here, but i found a few warnings that showed up when i was installing another script.
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (0 errors, 4 warnings)
Warnings:
 + Customs/Custom-townHouses NEW 1.0 - Knives v2.0/Town Houses v2.0/Items/TownHo
use.cs:
    CS0114: Line 46: 'Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.BaseBanLocation' hides inherit
ed member 'Knives.TownHouses.VersionHouse.BaseBanLocation'. To make the current
member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the
 new keyword.
+ Multis/BaseHouse.cs:
    CS0429: Line 59: Unreachable expression code detected
    CS0162: Line 62: Unreachable code detected
 + Multis/HouseSign.cs:
    CS0429: Line 103: Unreachable expression code detected
    CS0162: Line 105: Unreachable code detected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Thanks again for Taking a look, hopefully it helps on things as your going
and i love Townhouses :)
Thanks Again
Soultaker

kmwill23

Sorceror
Soultaker;657758 said:
Not anything to stressful here, but i found a few warnings that showed up when i was installing another script.

Thanks again for Taking a look, hopefully it helps on things as your going
and i love Townhouses :)
Thanks Again
Soultaker

Yeah, I've seen these too =) They are harmless though.

Liacs

Sorceror
I am a real fan of your townhouse system. I am using the "old" version right now, didn't notice this thread until today :eek:
Will install this tonight though. Thanks a lot for this submission!!!

+Karma

Lia

Greetings. i have at last got a new pc. and working on the 2.0 of runuo.

I have been trying to copy over old scripts. and trying to see how to do this. but when i got an error from it i got this error from the chat script. what can i do to fix this.

thanks for your hard work and time

Code:
 + Custom/Town Houses v2.0/Items/TownHouse.cs:
    CS0114: Line 46: 'Knives.TownHouses.TownHouse.BaseBanLocation' hides inherit
ed member 'Knives.TownHouses.VersionHouse.BaseBanLocation'. To make the current
member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the
 new keyword.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Thanks Oiii =)

Yeap, just harmless warning! It's unused code I left in from testing. No harm. I'll remove for a future update.

Rocko Wang

Wanderer
Not sure if this issue has ever been brought up or if it was just my own issue:

I am using the TownHouse 2.0, I create a townhouse on one of the static house, then set the ban location to somewhere outside the house.

Then on a server restart, if I use the player context menu entry "leave house" (single click on myself) while I am inside the house, regardless whether I am the owner of the house or not, I will be ported to not the ban location (as it supposed to) but the top left corner inside the house region.

If I reset the ban location, as long as I do not restart server, it will port me correctly to the ban location. However, on a server restart, it will go back to the previous behavior.

Has anyone seen something like this?

Thanks,
Rocko

Rocko Wang;662196 said:
Not sure if this issue has ever been brought up or if it was just my own issue:

I am using the TownHouse 2.0, I create a townhouse on one of the static house, then set the ban location to somewhere outside the house.

Then on a server restart, if I use the player context menu entry "leave house" (single click on myself) while I am inside the house, regardless whether I am the owner of the house or not, I will be ported to not the ban location (as it supposed to) but the top left corner inside the house region.

If I reset the ban location, as long as I do not restart server, it will port me correctly to the ban location. However, on a server restart, it will go back to the previous behavior.

Has anyone seen something like this?

Thanks,
Rocko

Cose ban location property saves only in ancestor class from custom house class, but its need to override it instead of create a new DefaultBanLocation property. It is bug in the scipt.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Prohor Meletevich;662214 said:
Cose ban location property saves only in ancestor class from custom house class, but its need to override it instead of create a new DefaultBanLocation property. It is bug in the scipt.

You are correct! I am surprised no one mentioned this bug earlier =) Now I have to look at what files I changed so I can put a patch up...

DevXLX

Sorceror
Got a smaller issue to report.

Perhaps this is only for large production shards, but:

When a players rent's a home or demolishes, the shard suffers a small .5 sec lagspike.
(tested many times on a shard with 500players online, but we got really powerful hardware which supposedly reduces the spike time)

Feature's I'd love to see (for 1.0 and 2.0 version):

First: Ability for the Staff to decide if the house is ONLY Private or ONLY Public or Default (player can decide then as with a normal house)
Why? because if we setup homes for young players in towns they won't stop using them because they can make them public
and run the most perfect vendor shop. Also because it would be nice being able to create some homes that are public ONLY, so strangers
don't flag grey inside them and vice versa it'd be nice to setup some that are not allowed going public, so they are only useful for storage.

Second: Ability for staff to disallow trading of the house (as the normal house sign menu allows players to trade the building away to another)

Finaly, this is a question:
If you set the home to only be allowed rented by youngs, does it take into consideration once the owner character is no longer young and kick him/her?

Thanks for reading :)

/

kmwill23

Sorceror
DevXLX;663070 said:
Got a smaller issue to report.

Perhaps this is only for large production shards, but:

When a players rent's a home or demolishes, the shard suffers a small .5 sec lagspike.
(tested many times on a shard with 500players online, but we got really powerful hardware which supposedly reduces the spike time)

Feature's I'd love to see (for 1.0 and 2.0 version):

First: Ability for the Staff to decide if the house is ONLY Private or ONLY Public or Default (player can decide then as with a normal house)
Why? because if we setup homes for young players in towns they won't stop using them because they can make them public
and run the most perfect vendor shop. Also because it would be nice being able to create some homes that are public ONLY, so strangers
don't flag grey inside them and vice versa it'd be nice to setup some that are not allowed going public, so they are only useful for storage.

Second: Ability for staff to disallow trading of the house (as the normal house sign menu allows players to trade the building away to another)

Finaly, this is a question:
If you set the home to only be allowed rented by youngs, does it take into consideration once the owner character is no longer young and kick him/her?

Thanks for reading :)

/

Nice ideas! I will also look at the lag spike. I imagine it is the moving of items to the player's bank.

Finally, the system does check young status every server save =)

It's nice to see a report from a larger shard. Your ideas will really help stablize and expand the system =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Twilightal;663110 said:
problem aboutt his si when some house signs are deleted it crashes the shard...

This crash is a RunUO bug, and has been fixed in the SVN. It does suck, no doubt. It's also fairly unpredictable. Sometimes homes delete without any problems.

i cant wait kmwill23 great work, i am alway trying to think of somthing to add to your townhouses. and one day i hope to do so. all the best

DevXLX

Sorceror
kmwill23;663168 said:
Nice ideas! I will also look at the lag spike. I imagine it is the moving of items to the player's bank.

Finally, the system does check young status every server save =)

It's nice to see a report from a larger shard. Your ideas will really help stablize and expand the system =)

Thanks, I very much appreciate the swift reply!

I just want to add that the spike occurs when renting or purchasing the house, the second you accept the sign conditions (click ok), the spike happends.
Same with demolish, the second you click ok to the demolish, a spike occurs.

It's not long, usually 0.5 seconds - but on large shards if you create many of these homes it can be a problem.

Also, I want to applaud that you support this script for 1.0.
Many contributors have completely forgotten that 1.0 is still latest RunUO release that is adviced for production servers and 2.0 is specificly not adviced.

So on behalf of all the online 1.0 base shards, I applaud your efforts to service both sides of the community. :)

/