RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 RC1] Ultimate Hue Room System

[2.0 RC1] Ultimate Hue Room System

This simple command will alleviate a rather painstaking process of building a hue room with 3000 tubs and dying/naming them accordingly.

Execution is simple. Stand in the northwestern most corner of green acres, and type [genhueroom.. The command will run 0-99 on the first row running west to east, start back on the western side and move north two tiles and then go on to the next row 100-199 and so on. (Please note, I have set the itemid of the dye tubs to the island statue face. Feel free to change it to your desires.) You can test out itemid's by simply using [global set itemid #### where ultimatedyetub ............ ##### is the itemid obviously :p

If your decide at any point you do not want the dye tubs, or misplace them by using suggested origin... use [global remove where ultimatedyetub

Now a little about the dye tubs and how they differ from the common universal dye tubs that are so popular.
First major difference is that you can hue your clothing/equipment while you're wearing it, and of course while it's in your backpack. In addition, you can hue your backpack or anything that goes inside it. Also, for the small fee of 10k gold pieces, you can hue a pet you control.

(Note* These dye tubs have been named different to prevent namespace conflictions... so they will still work on top of the universaldyetubs if you have those)

Code:
                with credits to the following:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
               Lord_GreyWolf - Equation Coding
          tangentzero - Precursor for dye tubs
Cottonballs (Revision of [hue, author unknown)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feel free to modify for your use... but please 
leave all credits if you distribute it further
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~  UltimateDyeTub.cs and HueRoomGen.cs  ~~~~

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,479
  • HueRoomGen.cs
    1.9 KB · Views: 817
  • ultimatedyetub.cs
    3.8 KB · Views: 762
Yea, this command can easily be modified to accommodate other various dye tubs if you wish.

You could also use this following code to give you an assortment of various gravestones facing south for the itemid...
Code:
udt.ItemID = Utility.RandomList( 0x1166, 0x1168, 0x116A, 0x116C, 0x116E, 0x1170, 0x1172, 0x1174, 0x1176, 0x1178, 0x117A, 0x117C, 0x117E, 0x1180, 0x1182, 0x1184 );

or gravestones facing east..
Code:
 udt.ItemId= Utility.RandomList( 0x1165, 0x1167, 0x1169, 0x116B, 0x116D, 0x116F, 0x1171, 0x1173, 0x1175, 0x1177, 0x1179, 0x117B, 0x117D, 0x117F, 0x1181, 0x1183 );

Ideally, if someone wanted a nice pretty hue room using this to help... they would execute the command to see how much room it takes up.. Maybe [add static 14089.. at the corners for reference, next use [global remove where ultimatedyetub... then build a floor, walls and deco surrounding the flame column markers. Once you finish building those things, erase the flame columns you used as a guide and FREEZE*** all your new deco into place. Then go back to the northwest corner and use the command from the same spot you used it the first time.

*** When freezing your data, you must patch it to your players or they won't be able to see it!!

dragonlady

Sorceror
love love love this, that being said, i noticed that when a player hueing something, it doesn't take any money from there bank or backpack?

i love this script and to be honest it is the first script i have ever added to a shard the only thing i can say it that nearly half of the statues are black so do i need a patch or something

Johan Smith

Wanderer
Awesome script! Is there anyway to prevent the items from being used so people can't dye their stuff? Ideally i just want to use the hue room as a way to show off the purty colors available. :D

EDIT! I figured it out after taking a look at the ultimatedyetub.cs.
Just commented out the following:
Code:
//public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
        //{
        //    {
        //        from.Target = new UltimateTubTarget( this );
        //        from.SendMessage( "You may now hue your backpack and worn equipment" );
        //        from.SendMessage( "& You may also hue your pets for 100,000 gp each." );
        //    }
        //}

-Johan

worldgem

Sorceror
Well ill be WoWed! well i have been offline for 3 years because of financial situation wouldnt allow me to buy a new pc so i know this post is old. i havent checked it out yet. all i did for 3 yrs was play offline on a runuo 1.0 and took me forever to add all this stuff one by one. yeah i got that bored. lol

chuck5086

Sorceror
i love this script and to be honest it is the first script i have ever added to a shard the only thing i can say it that nearly half of the statues are black so do i need a patch or something
No, dont worry, most of the hues are black. In addition, i suggest that you check out the Crazy Hue Robe, which also makes hue finding easy.