RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.0.6.5(36)

GameOva

Wanderer
5.0.6.5(36)

OSI Is not saying anything
5.0.6.5(36) PATCH latest

Latest patch seems to block players from logging in...Not sure if it is razor or what.

Anyone else having the same issue ?
Using SVN 109

I hope it is not the big we dont like runuo anymore so fix this ...........
Be careful it says something about the playguide now....

Any suggestions or replys welcome on this subject

Kenko

Page
506 5?!?? I have 506C.. and I can log in just perfect..

You use 2.0, right? In 1.0 there was some kind of babo bug.

Kenko

Page
so there is version 5.0.65 now LOL.. that just fucks up the clienversion script in the core I guess.

koluch

Sorceror
Facts

Server is on:
5.0.6E

Running:
SVN 109 Ruo2

Latest Razo 1.0.2

Not sure about gateway and connect UO cause the server is on 5.0.6E
It now shows encrypted client detected on the login screen when players are patched to 5.0.6.5

:confused:

Yup i got it too. It says Encrypted Client Detected and disconnects the player from logging in. Even gm's and owners.

edit: Yup, does it with Run Uo 1 as well. And I had just patched a new install of UO ML too.

Thistle

Wanderer
I am soooo glad I always archive a copy of the client.exe before patching. *shakes fist at OSI and curses*

kethoth

Page
hrmmm sure wish i had an archive copy of my client right about now....if anyone finds a fix please share

You cannot connect because your forgot to remove client encryption. Razor and UO Gateway can do this for you. If you want to do it by hand use UO Rice.

Viky

Wanderer
We are using newest version of RunUO SVN and client 5.0.6.5 and without Razor work always perfectly. As custom scripts was installed Encryption support and 5.0.6.5 key is same as 5.0.6.

GameOva

Wanderer
Viky said:
We are using newest version of RunUO SVN and client 5.0.6.5 and without Razor work always perfectly. As custom scripts was installed Encryption support and 5.0.6.5 key is same as 5.0.6.

Are you saying your using a custom script to allow Encryption ?
I dont want to get into adding a custom script if I dont have to for this issue.
I remember having this issue awhile back but dont remember what we had to change to correct it.

Gateway and ConnectUo with Razor dont seem to work with or without the check boxes ticked.

Latest SVN
Latest Razor

koluch

Sorceror
Client.exe 5.0.6E

kethoth said:
hrmmm sure wish i had an archive copy of my client right about now....if anyone finds a fix please share

I have a 5.0.6E client if you want to use it for a quick fix for now.
Just PM me.

( only way I could logon to our server and test server :( )

And Sotho, the latest Patch is at 5.0.6.5, no longer 5.0.6E....
( good point Sotho, removed the file re your post after this one )

Hehe, ok ;)
Usually I only run uopatch if they announce a client update on their homepage (or stratics). But since they did not do it this time, i was behind :D

Edit: Yes, there are other sites which collect client versions and distribute them. I think should be the concern of the admins to distribute older client.exe files. :)

On another note, viky is correct, the encryption key is still the same. The problem is with UOG, as it cannot remove the encryption anymore (It tries to do so and makes the client not working anymore). As UOG was not updated for a long time and Mr. Fixit is nowhere to be seen, i doubt we will see an update of the program soon.
Also i think that ClientVersion.cs (yes, it is in the core) has to be modified to allow for new clients to be successfully recognized.

jhs59

Sorceror
A note on shard admins distributing clients.exe files who use UOGateway..

I spend a lot of time staffing and playing on a shard that has a lot of custom graphics and so they still use an older client from before the ML changes. UOGateway considers it wrong and will remove you from their service if you distribute a client.exe file in your patches and they find out about it. The shard I speak of was removed twice from the UOGateway list and can't get back on until they update their custom graphics to the new ML set and can use the more recent clients.

Just wanted to let everyone know about an experience I've had dealing with this subject until this little encryption issue is fixed.