RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.0.6.5(36)

ncotdawg

Sorceror
New encryption on clients

using extractkeys by darkstorm

client5.0.6e.exe
Client Size: 2105344
Found client keys: 0x2fc3ed9c, 0xa2f4227f.

client5.0.65.exe
Client Size: 2113536
Unable to find encryption keys.

Using uo rice

Trying to remove 2D-client encryption
encryption changes too huge, plz email the author about it
Error, not patched.

Trying to remove 3D-client encryption.
New client-file: C:\PROGRAM FILES\EA GAMES\ULTIMA ONLINE MONDAIN'S LEGACY\No_Crypt_Client_3d.exe
Successfully patched.

This means that they did a major change on the client encryption this time on the 2d client. While they didnt change it very much on the 3d client as uo rice can still break the encryption. You cannot get the encryption keys to add for darkstorm's supporting osi encryption. So the way it seems untill someone cracks the new encryption we will need to use an old client to log in. I have a feeling that connectuo will probably be the 1st to update and support it. Ive tried numerous things to bypass and retrieve the encryption from this new client and will continue untill I find a way to bypass this mess.

Sithel

Wanderer
Could someone explain this in simple terms? If I understand it once the server is updated to this patch then it boots the players? Or is it after the players logging into the server are patched? We are looking for the best way to deal with it so the issue stops.

Would a upcoming patch fix this possibly?

Malaperth

Wanderer
IF it works, and it seems that half the people that try it find it works, the other half find it doesn't and they all seem to be doing the same thing...

ncotdawg

Sorceror
This may be of some help to someone :)

This is from client 5.0.7

Calculated Seed: 0xCD83B740 Key1: 0x10140441 Key2: 0xA29BFE7F

*edit* latest versions of Razor and CUO still give the encrypted client connected disconnecting message
removing the encryption from the 5.0.7 client can still be done by hand and you can log in that way.

Viky

Wanderer
ncotdawg said:

*edit* latest versions of Razor and CUO still give the encrypted client connected disconnecting message
removing the encryption from the 5.0.7 client can still be done by hand and you can log in that way.

Thank you very much. Karma for you.

Jeff

Lord
ncotdawg said:

CUO and Razor works fine, its only localhost 127.0.0.1 that seems to be bothering a bit, but whats odd is it only happens with a select few, or so it seems...

ncotdawg

Sorceror
Weird....so its an issue in razor that prevents it from connecting to local shard as well? I stand corrected then sorry bout that :)

Jeff said:
CUO and Razor works fine, its only localhost 127.0.0.1 that seems to be bothering a bit, but whats odd is it only happens with a select few, or so it seems...

ncotdawg

Sorceror
Thats something that can be quite a long conversation :) Your best chance would be to just use CUO or Razor unless connecting to a local shard if thats the case use an older client.

andrewd said:
how do i remove encrpition by hand?

Viky

Wanderer
floppydisc;646282 said:
Keys for 5.0.8: 0x2F53257D, 0xA2BF527F
But for some reason the 3.0.8 keys work too.

Thank you very much. Exist any way, how I can extract keys from new client alone? Old DarkStorm program no more run.

Viky

Wanderer
floppydisc;646661 said:
I'm currently writing several exams, but after that I'll write a program to extract the keys.

I have same state with exams. New program for extraction will be perfectly. If you need, I have original C++ sources for DarkStorm app.