RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a gump editor/creator

P

php-junkie

a gump editor/creator

A program that can be used to visually make gumps and generate the code for us to use. For example, after creating the gump visually with the gump creator it would generate code like this:

[code:1]
public NewGump() : base( 20, 30 )
{
AddPage( 0 );

AddBackground( 0, 0, 110, 96, 5054 );

AddPage( 1 );

AddButton( 10, 32, 0xFA5, 0xFA7, 1, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
AddButton( 40, 32, 0xFA5, 0xFA7, 2, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
AddButton( 70, 32, 0xFA5, 0xFA7, 3, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
AddLabel( 10, 54, 0x481, "text" );
AddLabel( 40, 54, 0x481, "text" );
AddLabel( 70, 54, 0x481, "text" );
}
[/code:1]

I would do this my self but I'm still a newbie to C# programming. I have allot to learn before I can even attempt to write such a program.

Phantom

Knight
Its more work for somebody to make a program that does then, is to have people just learn how to code.

At least I think so, and this isn't a RunUO suggestion... I really hope nobody makes this, god I soooo Hope....

stakex

Wanderer
why would you say you hope no one makes it? Personaly i think it would be a great addon to people who can script good but cant do gumps. Thus this would definatly help a lot of people out. So why would you hope no one makes it?

Phantom

Knight
stakex said:
why would you say you hope no one makes it? Personaly i think it would be a great addon to people who can script good but cant do gumps. Thus this would definatly help a lot of people out. So why would you hope no one makes it?

If you can script, you can do gumps... Nothing to it besides the location of stuff thats easy.

A

Artemis Redhand

I'd have to agree with Gawain. Fast is better than frustrating.

Phantom

Knight
Wrong emulator

Up until now, I didn't have a good place to start, would have had to start from stratch which sucks ;_)

I will update this for VB.NET and make it code RunUO Gumps

Give me a few weeks.

Phantom

Knight
Bradley said:
I've been working on mine about an hour now, and I've got a working toolbox with previews of each gump element, and a Canvas where elemnts can be added, and moved around. Krrios' SDK rocks.

Status so far:http://127.0.0.1/pics/gumpeditor.jpg

wow great website :rolleyes:

NOBODY CAN CONNECT to you if its 127.0.0.1

ROFL

Thats a boy/girl show us how new you really are :D

I am just kidding of course, would be nice to see the picture. I think I can create the program in VB .NET using the SDK

P

php-junkie

Phantom said:
Its more work for somebody to make a program that does then, is to have people just learn how to code.

At least I think so, and this isn't a RunUO suggestion... I really hope nobody makes this, god I soooo Hope....
Non the less if some one want to spend the time doing it, hey, more power to them. As I said, if I was more fluent in C# I would spend the time my self to do it, because I think it's a great idea.

The gump code I posted in my first post doesn't do squat and in order to make it do squat you would have to know how to code, so my idea of a program to generate the gump code for you would be absolutely useless to a person who knows nothing about C#.

Phantom

Knight
Well I can make a program that will place the buttons but everything else will have to be coded.

Hope thats understood since there is a million different things you could do.

But also not ever gump object acts the same. I am not sure how this will work...

Bradley

Sorceror
My plan so far is to have an interface that looks a lot like the one for visual studio, where you can drag and drop the different elements, and set thier properties. It's mainly going to be for layout, and give the user an easy way to determine GumpIDs by visually browsing. I plan do do a function that will basicly dump the elements into a .cs or .vb file with code to layout the elements. It's up to the user to actually edit the code generated to make it do more then look pretty.

So far I'm having great results. The only thing stopping me right now is that I can't find a way to access the UO font graphics through the SDK, so I'm having to use standard windows fonts for now.