RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A note for sphere users:

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
A note for sphere users:

First off I will say this:

The RunUO team doesnt give two shits about stealing users from sphere, we already have double the number of users that sphere has, and user numbers are not important to us.

Second off I will say this:

We tried to post a note in the sphere forums to let the users know they could use Razor if they wanted, but you have your typical children that are not controlled over there saying shit that just isnt true.

The reason you have to sign up for the forums to download razor is simply because we like to keep stats, and also because we quite honestly want you to know HOW to get support when you find a problem. It has nothing to do with stealing sphere users.

Third I will say this:

I know you guys arent used to getting problems fixed in a timely manner, but thats not the way things work here. We fix bugs quickly. Razor will not be any different. Report your bugs using the bug report form I posted in this forum and they will get fixed. We have had a lot of great feedback and bug reports already and those aid us in fixing the problems quickly.

Lastly:

Thanks for your support, I apologize that people cant simply understand that we want you to understand how our support systems work here, but the fact of the matter is, it makes the experience better for you, our end-users.

Thanks,

Its really sad Ryan. They honestly think we're some malicious machine trying to accumulate the greatest mass of players. If we wanted to have the most members, we wouldn't clear inactive users every month would we? Just goes to show how insecure they are with the emulator they use :-(. It really sucks when you guys get treated like shit just because you want to give us what we've all longed for for so long.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Well I won't post over there again, but I have this burning question why people signing up for our forums is "stealing their users".

People can't sign up for our forum to download and still use their emulator? It doesnt make sense.

K

Krazy_zack

I though to myself:

"self I think the boys here over at RunUO are being a little hard on the peps at Sphereserver.com just because A few 'baby' nay-sayers are bitching about regestering"

BUT then I went over there and had myself ANOTHER read of the posts and I think they can basically 'go to hell' for all I care.

Back in the day when I was a "sphere' guy I had hosted their '55i' ver on my site as a download because they couldn't get their act together for a while and didn't have it available for download ( it was like a month that NO downloads were available at Sphereserver.com and #1 I allready had a well known 'script download' site plus #2 people were SCREAMING for ANYONE to make the download available and lastly #3 I was only trying to help the community). Well believe you me they had a TOTAL hissy fit when I did that. Told me that I would get 'sued' if I continued to make the download available etc etc... (even though 'as they say' you DON'T have to agree to ANYTHING or sign up for ANYTHING to download the software) so NOW they get on thei HIGH HORSE and try to tell YOU that YOUR policies for YOU software and how it can be downloaded are wrong?

Sounds like hyprocracy of the highest order to me!

...and all for what?

Because they think you are trying to 'steal' members...

The immaturaty over there speaks volumes to me and reminds me exactly WHY I left the community....

Just my $0.02

Dalius

Wanderer
The Sphere administrators, and most of it's staff, and immature. They believe that this is a competition (the users). It is not. RunUO, to me, is better for most things. Sphere is a good server if you want to crash it alot and get bug abuse.

JadeFist

Wanderer
[Excerpt from a recent meeting I attended]:
JadeFist: *ahem*, Hello my name is JadeFist - I'm former Sphere-user.

RunUO Community: Hi Jade.

JadeFist: I was heavily addicted, then a buddy turned me onto this new stuff - RunUO. Now I have a real problem...

RunUO Community: No worries, that's what we're here for Jade!

I wouldn't waste much time with "them", they pretty much eat their own over there as it is :)

A

Allmight

I agree.

Yeah, i agree.

I am a former Sphere user as well, and the reason i left is just because of that imaturity of all the users. Seems they look on to much Star Trek or something...

"We are RunUO. You will be assimilated."

That must be their general feeling about RunUO, and i must say that is sad since they miss something great. But let them be regressors over there, we dont want them here, thats for sure.

Extinction

Wanderer
I also used to use sphere, until I realised UOX/WP was better since they had more updates and features. And UOX and WP BARELY updated, so I don't know how sphere was so slow!

Thanks to Ryan (and the rest of the team), we've got consistent updates and a stable emulator. I actually visit every day and work more on scripting than I did with any other emulator.

IMHO the sphere guys are simply too lazy to learn another scripting language.

UD

Wanderer
I do not think ryan started this thread to have a flame sphere/pol/xyz emulator thread. This was in response to several problems sphere users were expressing.

Please keep your flames of xyz emulator to another thread.

K

Krazy_zack

UD said:
I do not think ryan started this thread to have a flame sphere/pol/xyz emulator thread. This was in response to several problems sphere users were expressing.

Look who's playing Forum mod now ;) /\

Anyway regardless of the flames (and I didn't see any flames of XYZ Emu here just the USERS of XYZ Emu 8) ) I think we can all agree that if the Mods (go read the Post if you think it's just the users) think that Zippy is trying to be a 'user thief' by sharing his 'tool' then to hell with em.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Krazy_zack said:
UD said:

Look who's playing Forum mod now ;) /\

He is one ;)

Kamron

Knight
Unfortunately, the problem with Sphere is that their coder doesnt have jack shit for time to code, and hes the only person working on it. Also, they need to REDO the whole system, their scripting language is outdated and proven to be feeble. They are not even 10% AOS compatible, while RunUO is +90% AOS compatible.

The only thing attracting people to sphere, from what I heard, is the easy ass scripting language, and the laziness of the administrators.

I am a former sphere user, who is disgusted by their developers, and their lack of progress. 99c to 99z9 was fixing bugs created by bugs. You cant progress when you create bugs by fixing bugs, or making new features. In one verison, 99z, I was disgusted at the fact that they BROKE the spellbook. It was gone for 3 weeks. HOW can you let that go past your private test server. It wasnt a situational thing, it was ALL the time. Just didnt work!

T

Triant

Not to ruin your fun or anything :D but I choiced Runuo instead of Sphere because of AOS and 3D... :D (The old 2d system that was on Sphere was SSSSSOOOOOOOO boring...)

So far I am happy I choiced RunUO and not Sphere.... all my other friends use Sphere and their server allways crash on a mystic way or just die....

And they get lots of bug abusers....

Rabanete

Wanderer
when i try to connect in a sphere shard that uses the client encryption, my UO stop to respond on Verifying Account
anyone could help me?

Phantom

Knight
Rabanete said:
when i try to connect in a sphere shard that uses the client encryption, my UO stop to respond on Verifying Account
anyone could help me?

I assume the shard is using Sphere 55i which has been said Razor dowsn't support 2.0.3 at this point, so your out of luck

Yyrkoon

Wanderer
Rabanete said:
anyone could help me?
LOL ! sorry just had to point this out. Bad when a user of another EMU comes to these forums for advice LOL

I personaly chose RunUO because of speed, functionality, and again speed, used to TRY and run UOX, but it crashed alot, and couldnt really run the server , and client on the same box. I have a few bitches with RunUO but its either nothing I cant myself code around (script) or that wont be adressed in the next release, hopefully.

psz

Administrator
This is a Razor forum, not a RunUO forum (even though it's on the RunUO site).

*ANY* Emulator that uses unencrypted 3.0.8 or newer can use Razor.

If someone from POL or Sphere or UOX wants to use Razor, and they have the server running so that unencrypted 3.0.8 or newer clients can connect, they SHOULD come here to ask suggestions/questions about Razor.