RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A note for sphere users:

Yyrkoon

Wanderer
psz said:
This is a Razor forum, not a RunUO forum (even though it's on the RunUO site).

*ANY* Emulator that uses unencrypted 3.0.8 or newer can use Razor.

If someone from POL or Sphere or UOX wants to use Razor, and they have the server running so that unencrypted 3.0.8 or newer clients can connect, they SHOULD come here to ask suggestions/questions about Razor.

well, in that case maybe we should suggest he install UOGateway since razor uses the UOgateway DLL to unencrypt ? Kind of hard to help fix something with such limited information.

psz

Administrator
The problem in his case is that the server he's connecting to REQUIRES an encrypted client, which Razor does not support.

when i try to connect in a sphere shard that uses the client encryption, my UO stop to respond on Verifying Account
anyone could help me?

This is more of a fault in using a version of Sphere that requires encryption, than a fault in the player. If/when Sphere is fixed up enough to have the stability of 55i, but support newer features/clients and not need encryption, it won't be a problem.

*MY* point is not to bash someone because of what server they are using. If they want to use UOX3, WP, RunUO, Sphere, POL, TUS, Nox, Epsilon, LW, UOXC, or whatever that's their choice, and it is no one's place in the Razor forum to say otherwise.

Just remember, folks, most older versions of most emus usually require older clients, and if it's older than 3.0.8 and/or requires encryption, Razor will NOT work with it.

Miral

Wanderer
I used to be a sphere-zer.... then i downloaded Run UO this week... I had Run UO a while back and didnt care too much for it. then i started getting update emails like twice a month and now.... wow...
anyways hehe how long have they been working on their elusive 1.0? at least 2 years eh?

rexxz

Page
Rabanete said:
when i try to connect in a sphere shard that uses the client encryption, my UO stop to respond on Verifying Account
anyone could help me?

Dont connect to a Sphere server

connect to a RUO one instead, it would make everyone happier

Kamron

Knight
Sphere has a great problem of breaking stuff while trying to fix stuff. Um.. progress at its worst :(

As with runuo, releases dont contain bugs which previous releases didnt. lol

A great advantage in my eyes.