RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N - Completely Custom {Alpha}

Obsydian

Wanderer
omfg... (sorry for that, couldn't stop myself) respect... I see a nice start for a complete RunUO advanced script pack ;).

Regards
Sid

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
Obsydian said:
omfg... (sorry for that, couldn't stop myself) respect... I see a nice start for a complete RunUO advanced script pack ;).

Regards
Sid

Might want ask permission of the author if, if your serious about that.

Many people myself included, would only agree to such an idea which already exists and both of us are included, if we were included and allowed to be connect to the project itself.

Various reasons, we control what code is used, which is important if something is fixed that should be fixed, but people don't want to go to the effort of making the change.

Obsydian

Wanderer
Hmm... now was I serious? That's an interresting question. Not 100% that's for sure. It's a good idea anyway isn't it? I'm the author of most of the scripts on my shard, but I don't have nearly enough time to code everything myself... Not mentioning the skills and RunUO knowledge, so I use other peoples' work as aften as possible, changing it to fit my other scripts. Most of them are not compatible with each other and changes need to be made depending on the other scripts you have. It would be a good idea to make them work together better, wouldn't it?

Regards
Sid

A_Li_N

Knight
No arguments of any sort here please. Bugs/errors/crashes/suggestions only.

This system technically is a script pack. I made it to bring most of my systems together and have a theme; no distro mods. I've tried to make things as easy as possible so people can add to it, and I'll fully support them doing so when I get things actually released (out of alpha/beta).

If you are wanting to start a script pack and want to use my system, ask. If you do not ask, I will not support your pack and will probably tell people not to use it, since you are stealing my work. (You as in the general you) If I say yes, it will usually mean that I will simply tell you when I update and help with any conflicts that occur.
(^^My simple rules^^)

Depending on how much time I have today (read my blog), I'll be working more on the PG Admin Gump to hopefully finish it up. This will be pushed back behind me updating my resume, looking for a house and another place to work, and doing some errands. Please stay tuned :)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Looks great, A_Li_N :D...I'm sure I told you that via other methods of communication, but just saying it again...

A_Li_N

Knight
Updated 01-11-06 - 0109:

All changes are withing Public Gates system.

Worked some more on the PG Admin Gump. You can now add Categories and Locations from it.

Also added some new features to the PG System:
  • Young - When this is checked, only players marked as 'Young' may see/enter these Categories/Locations.
  • Charge - When this is checked, players will be required to pay the Cost of a Location or Category. Location cost is checked first; if there is no cost for the Location, it checks the Category. If it finds enough money for the Location, it skips the Category check. If you need more explanation on this, please ask.
  • Cost - Goes with Charge :)
As well as a few other minor tweaks.

In the process of adding these new features, I ran into a problem. This problem stemed from me not using versioning when originally creating the system. I've worked around this problem, but it takes the 'load/save once, change something' process. I'll explain it here (Please note that this info only pertains to people updating the old Public Gates system to ACC standards):
  1. Open PGSystem.cs and change UseVersioning to false. (Ignore the comments at the top, they are a bit off)
  2. Load the server.
  3. Save the server.
  4. In PGSystem.cs, change UseVersioning to true.
  5. Continue as if nothing had happened :)
The new de/ser information contains versioning, so this problem will not occur again.

*Note*
*Edit*
I will leave this code in untill I get out of Alpha. That should be once I get the 3 systems currently in all suitable for release with no (reported) bugs and admin gump code.

Attachments

• Public Gates -Versioning Update.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 52

Obsydian

Wanderer
Some comments from me... The whole system is hardcore, a masterpiece I think. There are some weak spots though.

1. Spellbook gumps look HORRIBLE in UO 3d. The spell names are impossible to read and there is some strange background in the book... Looked through the code, couldn't find it though... The background was set to false as far as I could see, but I could have looked in the wrong place.

2. The spells are unbalanced. The stone circle in the druidic magic is the first spell I had to change. It really shouldn't work like that. Surrounding someone with an impossible to pass stone circle is a bit too much. 2 solutions:

- Mine: I changed the spell to center it on the druid. No more targetting.
- Another one: Erase half of the circle.

Rogue's invisibility is unbalanced too. They should have hide/stealth, not that... Sly fox is nice though... You could add a spell called sneak attack (I can do it if you want) with a range == 1, which could add a lot of damage to an ordinary attack (would get the dmg from the normal dmg, would need a dagger or something like that in hand and would require from the rogue to be hidden). What say You?

3. There seems to be a problem with the grove. I noticed it works fine on 2d, but seems to heal 100% hp in 3d. It should heal 1hp + karma/1000, so that makes 1-15 (can it harm, when You have karma below 0?) and it does work like that on 2d... 3d seems to be the problem here. Just came to my mind, that it can be connected to the karma... When I tried it out on 2d I had positive karma, but later I had negative. Maby here somewhere?

4. Disto Mage Spellbook bug: when you go to the last page and then go back an empty page appears. Also after you cast a spell, the book resets to the first page. Probably same in every book, but this is the only book with more than 2 pages.

5. Blend With forest spell - As I can see, the duration is 30 sec, right? Or something like that. You could change it to be permanent until the druid casts the spell again. Otherwise the spell is quite useless.

6. Ranger BIG LOL!! - You put "Kurwa" in every spell. Do you know, what that means in my language?! It means a hooker in the worst possible way, lol :D. I would also change the name Phoenix Flight to Nature's passage. Doesn't fit to a ranger.

7. Bard spells - very nice indeed! I quintapled all the timers though, couse otherwise it's quite... well, have you tried to keep your party buffed? Impossible. Not mentioning the opponents debuffed.

8. Undead Spells - Very nicely done as well, but there is a problem with Misfits of Mondain (spelling?) spell. After a few hours of thinking/tests I deleted the liches from the list. They are a bit overpowered. They kill a dragon just like that. Try to compare them to zombies :D. It usually looked like this: summon... zombies, crap, unsummon. summon... wraiths, crap, unsummon... summon... liches, finally, let's kick some [bottom] ;).

9. I'm working on adding 6 new schools. Will send them to You, when I finish, if You like.

10. Question: You added quite a few reagents. How can a player find them? Did You think about that and placed it somewhere in your code or should I edit the lootpacks and add a way somewhere?

Best wishes
Sid

A_Li_N

Knight
Thanks for sharing your ideas.

I, personally, take no responsibility for the spells and what they do. I provide them as I found them, only modified to work with my system.

Be that as it may, I too agree that some spells need revamping. And if you have done some vampage, please send me the changes and I'll look them over and convert to this system. I will then provide them as 'replacement' packages with your name on them.
As for your new schools, absolutely. I'd love to add to the school list with some good spells. Send them my way when you're done and I'll convert to my system and put your name on them. (AKA, credit ;))

As for reagents, the dispersal is up to you. I could probably add stones to disperse them, but that is such a simple task, I figured I'd leave it to other people :)
I don't modify distro files (hence the name of this package), so I won't be modifying the LootPack. If you wish to do so and share, you may. Just attach it to one of your replies and I'll link to it from the main post. Just let me know if you update :)

I do not use the 3D client. I guess I should do some tests to see how things look on it, but that is not high on my priority list. 3D client needs a lot of help :) I'll take a look sometime in the future to see how things show.

Again, thanks for sharing your ideas. Send me the changes and I'll implement them.

Obsydian

Wanderer
I'll send them, when I finish the tests. I have some ppl testing it as we speak and I keep getting more and more info about the damages and changes, that should be done. Druid owns all so far :). I'll try to send it all untill next friday, but can't give any guarantee, becouse my time is very limited.

Once more gratz, Alien. Astonishing piece of software :).

Regards
Sid

A_Li_N

Knight
Obsydian said:
DAH! lol....Alien works fine.

I await your email :) It's nice that someone is actually testing these spells and taking time to balance them out.

(email... anAlien at gmail dot com)

A_Li_N

Knight
Question for all users...

For importing and exporting of the Public Moongates, what would you like to see? Here are my ideas:
  1. Entire system
  2. Entire category
  3. Individual Location
  4. File format = text (could edit it out of game probably)
  5. File format = bin (easier to do script side, no editing outside game)
Any suggestions or additions?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
top 3 + 5...

Reasoning on part a:
Questers don't need to export the entire system, though they might need a category and/or single place.

Reasoning on part b:
Fewer posts for you to answer saying "wtf, it no worky?"

A_Li_N

Knight
Obsydian said:
1. Spellbook gumps look HORRIBLE in UO 3d. The spell names are impossible to read and there is some strange background in the book... Looked through the code, couldn't find it though... The background was set to false as far as I could see, but I could have looked in the wrong place.
OK, so I did some looking into 3D client, and all it did was confirm how horrible the 3D client really is. I didn't notice any wierd background, but this is what I experienced:
  • I use 'hidden' buttons to click on for spell infos. These 'hidden' buttons show up on top of the backgrounds in 3D. Why is the z order not kept?
  • In 3D, the SpellIcons are all set on top of each other after your first load...telling me that 3D doesn't allow to place multiple gumps of the same type in different places using ' : base( x, y )'. It looks like 3D places it where it sees the first one was opened.
  • 3D also messes with the ACCAdmin gump. I designed this thing to look good with some semi-hidden buttons (like the on/off in the top right corner) but 3D puts all buttons on top of everything. Not a big deal, but cosmetics are messed with.

Here are my options in order of likeliness of me doing them:
  1. Disableing 3D client, telling the player that it sux and they should stick with something that works.
  2. Re-vamping the entire SpellbookGumps to accept the Mobile that opened it. Then testing if that Mobile's ClientVersion is UOTD and disabling the 'hidden' buttons, replacing them with a small button for infos. Also disabling SpellIcons for UOTD clients, since they won't work how they are intended.
  3. Slightly tweaking the cosmetics of the buttons so they are readable enough in UOTD and calling it good. Disabling SpellIcons for UOTD.
If anyone has any ideas on how to work around these issues, please share them and I'll take them into concideration.

A_Li_N

Knight
Updated Public Gates

I've finished the Im/Ex port features as well as a few other tweaks.

Exported files go to \ACC Exports\
This is also where the Importer reads files from, so place any you download in that folder.

Exporting:
  • When you are managing your system, you can hit Export. This will export the currently selected item.
  • If you click Manage System, then Export, it will export the entire system.
  • If you click on a Category and hit Export, it'll export that Category and all Locations contained within that Category.
  • If you select a Location and hit Export, it'll export that Location.
  • Exporting a System names the file "System - yyMMdd - HHmmss". (That's a DateTime format)
  • Exporting Categories or Locations will simply name the file by the name of the Cat/Loc, so there might be some problems if you try to export two Cats/Locs with the same name.

Importing:
  • If you click on Import, you will get 3 buttons; Systems, Categories, Locations.
    Clicking on one of these buttons will bring up a list of all files of that type. (pgs = System, pgc = Category, pgl = Location)
  • Systems are displayed by their DateTime stamp on the file. Cat/Locs are displayed by their name.
  • Clicking on one of the items in the list will import that item.
  • If you click on a System, you will recieve a choice gump asking if you want to Overwrite the entire system, or simply Add To it.
    Selecting Overwrite will erase the current system and add the imported one.
    Selecting Add To will simply add all of the things in the imported one to the current system.
  • If you click on a Category, it will simply add the Category.
  • If you click on a Location, you will recieve a Category List for you to choose which Category you want the Location in.

For best compatibility when exporting/importing, please leave the filenames as they are when you export and share. You can zip them up and rename the zip to be a little more discriptive, but leave the filenames alone :)

It got late fast doing this update, so it's not as tested on my part as I would have liked, but I will be doing some more testing tomorrow. If all goes well, this should conclude the Public Gate System updates for a while.

Ok, it seems that others are loveing these scripts, but I dont see why. They arent working for me. Not as in not totally working, but like I couldnt construct the custom spellbook untill I edited CSpellBook.cs and when I finally had one and I double clicked it, no gumps! I looked to see why and it said something about single clicking it. I tried that, nothing. I cant even use "[fillbook," b/c it doesnt work correctly. I would modify all of this on my own to get it to work, but Im not that advanced as of yet. If there have been any updates, why havent they been posted? If they have, why doesnt this work like I think it should? Sorry if I have so many questions but its early and I dont feel like reading all four pages.

Thanks.
--SoulOfBlackFire

Obsydian

Wanderer
Well... It works just fine for me. All of the spellbooks work fine, including one added by myself. Gumps and everything... Except for the little bugs I posted above ofcourse. Everything else runs smoothly. Maby you failed to install it correctly? All of the updates are posted in the first post, as I believe. You can find everything there.

Regards
Sid

A_Li_N

Knight
SoulOfBlackFire said:
Ok, it seems that others are loveing these scripts, but I dont see why. They arent working for me. Not as in not totally working, but like I couldnt construct the custom spellbook untill I edited CSpellBook.cs and when I finally had one and I double clicked it, no gumps! I looked to see why and it said something about single clicking it. I tried that, nothing. I cant even use "[fillbook," b/c it doesnt work correctly. I would modify all of this on my own to get it to work, but Im not that advanced as of yet. If there have been any updates, why havent they been posted? If they have, why doesnt this work like I think it should? Sorry if I have so many questions but its early and I dont feel like reading all four pages.

Thanks.
--SoulOfBlackFire
The first post contains the download link right at the top. If you are, for some reason, having problems with the system, download the latest update, backup and delete your current ACC folder and extract the new one.

The main page links to the update threads if there is any pertenant information on them. You can see the current 'version' both in my sigi and at the top of the first thread.

The spellbooks work fine for me also. (minus the 3d issues).

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them. That's why I'm here :D

Everything works fine now. I wanted to [add spellbook instead of [add <skillname>spellbook. :p Plus I didnt know thats what I had to do. :)

Thanks guys.