RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N - Completely Custom {Alpha}

This is an incredible idea!
but it Crashed me=[
Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Server.ACC.ACCGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
any ideas?
Thansk so much for the help!

Jeff

Lord
AutomatedPOM said:
This is an incredible idea!
but it Crashed me=[
Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
   at Server.ACC.ACCGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
any ideas?
Thansk so much for the help!

run Runuo.exe -debug and duplicate this problem so we A_Li_N can get a debig report :)

A_Li_N

Knight
Woot, first crash :)

If you can get a debug log and send it my way it'll help a lot. Or a description of what you did. I'll take a look at it a bit later today.

Jeff

Lord
A_Li_N said:
Woot, first crash :)

If you can get a debug log and send it my way it'll help a lot. Or a description of what you did. I'll take a look at it a bit later today.
hahaha no wonder your post count is so hi! do you repeat everything the post before you says? im just messing with you :cool:

A_Li_N

Knight
Sorious said:
hahaha no wonder your post count is so hi! do you repeat everything the post before you says? im just messing with you :cool:
This thread is for the ACC system only, no side comments please. And my post count is high because I've been here for almost two years, the entire time being active.

And, yes I know you were joking around, but still. I repeat things to make sure they listen. :)

Jeff

Lord
A_Li_N said:
This thread is for the ACC system only, no side comments please. And my post count is high because I've been here for almost two years, the entire time being active.

And, yes I know you were joking around, but still. I repeat things to make sure they listen. :)
hehe ok sry man, just messin

A_Li_N

Knight
Tiny update...nothing new on that crash as of yet, since I've been out most of the day. However, his PM to me did remind me of something :)

The [ACC is available to everyeone, including players. Forgot to change that. New rar on main page restricts it to Admins only. If you would like it to be GM's, go into ACCGump.cs and on lines 13:
Code:
Server.Commands.Register( "ACC", AccessLevel.[color=red]Administrator[/color], new CommandEventHandler( OnCommand ) );
Change Administrator to GameMaster.

Same with lines 30 and 101
(you'll see them)

slithers

Sorceror
okay well im interested in this system and in the all spells system so i installed. Got it turned on but i cant figure out how to call/use or place the custom icons. basically i get the book open it and click the jewel to cast but cant figure out how to pull the custom icons off to the side of my screen or what have you. what am i missing here?

A_Li_N

Knight
Clicking on the spell name well bring up a scroll gump that contains info about the spell, including the icon. Click on the icon to bring up a positioning gump...pretty self explanetory after that ;)
Thanks for the interest in my system!

Pyro-Tech

Knight
How far off are we from seeing this in a state somewhat stable for a public shard?? i like it and can't wait to start implementing it.

A_Li_N

Knight
Pyro-Tech said:
How far off are we from seeing this in a state somewhat stable for a public shard?? i like it and can't wait to start implementing it.
I've only recieved that one crash log. I believe it can be put on a public shard right now, although all functionality of the posted systems are not there yet...mainly the Admin Gump code. But the systems themselves all seem to work pretty well. If I get a debug crash log for that crash above, it would really help.

I havn't updated in a while because I've been out of town/at work prety much since the last update. I've worked a little on converting the Sickness system, but I think I'll be putting that on hold until I ask GD13 and get the CM and CSS admin gump code finished.

But if you want to put it on a public shard and get players using it, that would be awesome. Make sure to backup and if at all possible, run your shard in debug mode for a while to catch crash logs that I can use :) To my knowledge, there is no (noticable) difference in performance between debug and not besides the extra compile time. Maybe a bit more memory used, but probably nothing noticable. Let me know what happens.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I run my shard in debug all the time...i have enough memory to do it so far so...

i had asked on server support if there was any other differences, and nothing was ever responded to so....*shrug*

where is the main download for this? only thing on the front is the moongate export...:confused:

But if you say this is close to ready, i am willing to offer my shard up for a guinnea pig....i can always remove and backup

the two things i would love to see work for this would be the sickness system (seeing as installing that WAS going to be my project tonight) and the all spell thing....mabey the race bit, but kinda depends on how/what you implement.

A_Li_N

Knight
The main download is linked at the top of the first post.
CSS == All Spells. (Complete Spell System) It's usable as long as you're not using 3D client :) (As most of my systems seem to be)
It contains:
Bard
Cleric
Distro
Druid
Ranger
Rogue
Undead

I did not include the Ancient system because I don't particularly like it as there are not any real useful spells in it. There are some fun ones, but it's all for staff IMO. If there's enough demand for that school, I'll convert some of the spells over, but you will not see Armageddon or mass death or anything like that.

I've included the distro spellbooks so people can have everything looking the same if they want, or so they can mix them into customized spellbooks.

The spells themselves have not been changed and as such, I take no responsibility for balance issues. Obsydian is working on some new spell systems and will probably be balancing out the current ones. You can check the discussion in post 29 and 30 (maybe a couple after as well)

I will also go to Lucid's All Spells and see if any of the spells have been updated since the last time I got them.

I've PMed GD13 on his forums asking if I can convert his system and am awaiting a reply from him. Will let you all know what it is when I get it.

Thanks for offering to be a guinnea pig :) Bring on the crash logs! (or don't if there are none, here's hoping :))

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i have finally gotten around to messing with this, and went to go investigate the complete spell system part....it says it's on, but i don't see how to edit anything...../me confused :confused:

also just hitting a few buttons, i got this crash on hitting change module....since there were none found, i am sure i can imagine why, but i thought you may want it anyways.;)

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 1/22/2006 1:58:30 AM
Mobiles: 13685
Items: 138347
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = *****) (mobile = 0x92F 'Pyro-Tech')

Exception:
   at Server.ACC.ACCGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info) in d:\Run UO Server\Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\Systems\A_Li_N - Completely Custom - 01-13-06 - 1945\ACCGump.cs:line 110

A_Li_N

Knight
Thanks for the debug log, I'll look into it tomorrow if I find time.

There is no admin gump code for the CM or the CSS, so you won't find anything besides the On/Off button. (there's some for the CM, but it's just to test things out a bit) I'm working on getting admin gump code for the current systems before I continue making/converting new systems (includeing the Sickness system)

And as for wanting crash logs, I want any and all that have to do with my systems :) Helps me know when there's bugs.

A_Li_N

Knight
01-22-06 - 1524

Updated to hopefully fix the crash that Pyro-Tech brought to my attention. (Thanks :))
I've also redone the Central Memory gump code to start the look of how it will actually look. I believe that the old code for that is what was causing the crash. The new code doesn't actually do anything yet, it's simply the layout of what will probably be there.

For anyone wondering and wanting to make systems to integrate (probably nobody yet), there are reserved buttonID's for the main ACC gump. I've listed them in ACCGump.cs by the OnResponse method, here they are as well.
1-9 = System Buttons
10 = Dis/Enable System
11 = System Help

For best compatibility, I'd only use ID's above 100...that way I can safely add things to the main gump with no problems.

I've moved all the files to my own web host, so it might be slow at times, but the size is less than 300k, so it won't take extreme amounts of time. The main thread links to the latest update, but if you need access to the others, they are all there. Simply go to http://uoalien.zapto.org/Rars/ and you'll see a list of all the updates. I've changed the dateTime stamp on my compression, so future updates will start being 'yy-mm-dd - hhmmss' instead of 'mm-dd-yy - hhmmss'. This way they will stay in the correct order :)

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i recieved this error when trying to install your new update files

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
 - Warning: Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\Systems\A_Li_N - Completely Custom\TestModule.cs: CS0108
: (line 9, column 17) The keyword new is required on 'Server.ACC.CM.TestModule.Name' because it
 hides inherited member 'Server.ACC.CM.Module.Name()'
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\Systems\A_Li_N - Completely Custom\TestModule.cs: CS0534:
(line 7, column 15) 'Server.ACC.CM.TestModule' does not implement inherited abstract member 'Se
rver.ACC.CM.Module.Name()'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

A_Li_N

Knight
Delete TestModule.cs...it's no longer needed.

And FYI, for future updates, the best bet is to simply delete your ACC folder and extract the new (backing up of course). Keep anything you might have added as well :)