RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N - Completely Custom {Alpha}

Greystar

Wanderer
stormwolff said:
I like the new idea, but I would vote to try to keep both systems in your ACC but give a warning that you won't be supporting anything but crash reports on the CSS part.

I also agree with stormwolff, keep both systems, I like the additional spells and spell books offered by the original systems both you and Lucid where doing even though it was essentially a compilation of other spells, plus some new ones. Like for instance in a Normal Necromancer spellbook they dont get mark or gate or recall (i think) unless they got the undead spellbook. With the new system I can see it may "Balance" things in the long run, but it would do the same thing to UO that SOE did to SWG more or less and everyone would have the same abilities they just LOOK different, not that im against that in anyway, I personally dont like it. I would probably still stick with the old spell system and just work on balance. The new idea has merit especially if you go by old AD&D spells, where a mage would learn, lets say FireBall and through time they figure out how to make their fireball blue and whistle instead of being a roring red ball of death it whould be a cheery whistling blue fireball of death.

seirge

Wanderer
I've found that I can't access configuration of "Public Gates" via [ACC command.
Gump simply closes when I try to click on "Public Gates" button.
Some investigation:
Public Gates System is the first system in list, so button id = 1.
But when the following code is executing, nothing happends.
I slightly change code in ACCGump.cs to be the following:
Code:
if( info.ButtonID >= 1 && info.ButtonID < 10 )
			{
				int page = info.ButtonID-1;
				if( page == m_Page )
					state.Mobile.SendGump( new ACCGump( state.Mobile, null, null ) );
				else if( [[B]page >= 0[/B] && page <= m_List.Count )
					state.Mobile.SendGump( new ACCGump( state.Mobile, (string)m_List[page], null ) );
				return;
			}
And it works. (I change '>' to '>='). Now I'm in process of setting new gates :)
Thanks for wonderful system.

A_Li_N

Knight
seirge said:
I've found that I can't access configuration of "Public Gates" via [ACC command.
You are correct. Thanks for finding and fixing. I've changed it in my files on my computer, but will not be updating the package yet. If people are having problems, there's the solution :)

Line 115 in ACCGump, change:
else if( page > 0 && page <= m_List.Count )
~TO~
else if( page >= 0 && page <= m_List.Count )

Can't wait for 2.0 to come out so I can start working again.

nacrom

Wanderer
is there a way to delete unwanted gates from the PG gump. i looked in the [ACC but nothing there. and i could not find where it stores the gate location in the scripts.

if anyone can help me.

A_Li_N

Knight
Select the gate you want to delete (either through the [acc or through the gates, hitting 'edit') and erase the name. Erasing the name is how you delete the entry (either location or categories)

penndragon

Sorceror
Outstanding!!!!!

A_Li_N........ Me and my wife have been runnning a shard for about 2 years now and I have to say that this is one of the best systems I have seen yet.... We love it! ....... We have been running it on our test server for a couple of days now and it is awesome! We have been toying with some ideas that we weren't sure how we were going to implement but with this it is going to be easy...... Thank you for this project.... We can't wait for the next update..... Keep up the EXCELENT work....:)

nacrom

Wanderer
i see in the ACC Folders there are distro files. are these ment to replace the normal Magery/Chiv/necro files so that these 3 new books will work iwth the UO Macro settings or there a way to get this system to work with that?

A_Li_N

Knight
nacrom said:
i see in the ACC Folders there are distro files. are these ment to replace the normal Magery/Chiv/necro files so that these 3 new books will work iwth the UO Macro settings or there a way to get this system to work with that?
There are no distro files in my package...there are chiv/mage/necro spellbooks that allow you to see the regular chiv/necro/mage spells using my system (giving you access to things like icons and whatnot, same as the other systems). My system, to my knowledge, doesn't work with normal client side macros.

Either way, you can put my entire system into your scripts folder without having to worry about any conflicts from any distro files.

nacrom

Wanderer
yea tahts waht i did, i just wanted to check about client side macros cause i know after i open my shard up players iwll ask that question =-P

A_Li_N

Knight
Twysted said:
ok is there a way to turn off or get rid of the use of reagents? and if so what files do i edit?
Same way you get rid of reagents with normal spells...I believe there's a FAQ posted.

A_Li_N

Knight
Someone sent me an email with some questions and I couldn't return it, so I'll post the answers in the thread.

When using the ACC gump if I try to use the Complete Spell System it closes the gump. No shard crash or anything so drastic but it does close the gump.
CSS Admin Gump code doesn't exist yet, so it'll just close the gump (although, I thought it would just show a blank page)

When I attempt to list all of the Mobiles or Items or Types from the Central Memory System nothing displays other than the Listing all xxxxx: Label.
CM Adming Gump code is not completed. It has to do a lot with lists and .NET 2.0 changes how you use lists, so I put off finishing until RunUO 2.0 comes out.

When I add the new spell scrolls to my backpack (AccessLevel.Administrator) I cant use them message says you do not have that spell.
I'll take a look and see what I can figure out sometime tomorrow.

Is there something more than the Completely Custom System that I need to install?
Probably not...Everything that I released so far for this is on that thread...the system is in Alpha and nowhere near complete.

Do I need to do some sort of editing to one or more distro files or to any of the initializers in order to make them work properly?
No distro files need to be changed for any of my systems to function...in the future, I will probably add some smalls edits to show custom labels and what-not.

Which if any of the scripts do I need to modify to get the different Mobiles Items and Types listed on the Central Memory System.
If you really wanted to try this, CentralMemory.cs in the Gump method...I warn you now that it's quite complex.

Thanks for your interest in my system and for bringing these topics to my attention. All information helps. I am currently not working on anything until 2.0 comes out, then I will start the slow process of learning .net2 and remaking my systems. Until then, enjoy what I have released so far!

Marlberg

Wanderer
A_Li_N

Thanks for all your hard work and quick response to my email, even if you DID have to go through a PM to me to get it. Dont know why my inbound server isnt recieving email I will Talk to Adelphia Customer Service in the am about proper routing of SMTP packets (hehe)

I now understand that it is because this code is still very very in alpha stage and yes it kind of makes sense to close the gump if your hitting a return block. No page to load so it exits at least its safe that way. Would much rather have safe code than a shard buster :p

As for the scrolls and spell books dont bother I made a noob mistake didnt have the objects in the main back pack when I was testing them so of course like all spell books everywhere if it aint in the main back pack: You Dont Have That Spell
lol.

Cant wait till you get the rest of it put together and actually glad that you chose to wait until 2.0 gets here to rescript

Shamus

Wanderer
A_Li_N,
I would love to use the spellbook gump system you have in this, but the problem is that your package seems overide my existing druid,Cleric misc spellbooks and scrolls. The reason that causes an issue for me is the vendors are all set up selling the version i am currently using. Can you think of a way I could use your spellbook gumps from this package without everything else included?
I would appriciate anything you can toss my way..
Thanks

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
You would have to rename the new objects. I wouldn't recommend it though, b/c when another release of this comes out, you will have to redo the work again. Plus the renaming might not go as expected, and could cause a lot of unneeded headache, and hassle.

A_Li_N

Knight
Delete the spell systems you don't want. If you are looking to use my spellbook gumps with the spell systems you have in place already, there will be problems. My gumps are designed for my systems. They are coded to accept certain things.

I can tell you now that any mods you make to the system won't interfere with any future releases of the ACC. I have decided to scrap my spell systems in exchange for something all my own. The general ideas are somewhere in this thread.