RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N - Completely Custom {Alpha}

hi there. again. wow it took me a little bit to ubderstand what your pack is about. and as im setting up my shard better now. i removed everything i dont need, and i wanted to add the publicgates. so i wanted to ask if i may you your customs. i was a little up set you didnt add my bump ball. :(thanks again. long time fan of (A Li N)

A_Li_N

Knight
WonderlandADnc said:
hi there. again. wow it took me a little bit to ubderstand what your pack is about. and as im setting up my shard better now. i removed everything i dont need, and i wanted to add the publicgates. so i wanted to ask if i may you your customs. i was a little up set you didnt add my bump ball. :(thanks again. long time fan of (A Li N)
You can use whatever you want of mine. What's a 'bump ball' and why would I add it? (Seriously asking here)

lol. sorry. my gump ball. it was want i wanted a ball that works as a moongate. lol/. also. i added you sysem. and i cant work it. i do the the command [acc and the gump comes up. and i click the spells. and it disapears. and the public gates part i cant see how i madd averything. like make all the gates around uo add the custom places i put in. thanks for your time

A_Li_N

Knight
WonderlandADnc said:
lol. sorry. my gump ball. it was want i wanted a ball that works as a moongate. lol/. also. i added you sysem. and i cant work it. i do the the command [acc and the gump comes up. and i click the spells. and it disapears. and the public gates part i cant see how i madd averything. like make all the gates around uo add the custom places i put in. thanks for your time
Spell system does not have gump code, and never will as I am scrapping that.
I'll see about a gump ball when I update for the 2.0.
For the public gates:
You can add gates in a veriety of ways...first thing you want to do is add a gate. [add publicgate If you want to add lots of gates, I'd suggest picking the gate up and putting it in your pack. Double click/walk over the gate (open the gump) and you'll see small buttons at the bottom of the window that allow you to add/edit/remove gates/categories. Fill in all information you want. There is a button to 'add current location' which allows you to carry a single gate around and just click that button and it will add your current location to the category you have selected.

The same functions are in the ACC admin gump for Public Gates...add/remove/edit.

As i still use your ver from last year how would i go about putting this in. just remove the old folder and add this and remove the Spell system
thanks for your time

A_Li_N

Knight
WonderlandADnc said:
As i still use your ver from last year how would i go about putting this in. just remove the old folder and add this and remove the Spell system
thanks for your time
That might depend on what release you have currently...for the most part, it should be pretty easily upgraded with that method. There might be one hitch, which would be if you have a version before I did the public gate versioning information...there's a link to the thread and files on the first page describing what that is having to do with. Other than that, backup your folder/saves and give it a whirl to see if it works.

WizardingOne

Sorceror
Could I try and update some of my systems to work with this?

If so, how exactly do you take your player mobile edits and change them into a system? I don't even know where to start.

A_Li_N

Knight
What kind of systems do you have? More specific info would allow me to better tell you just how you could update to make use of my systems.

WizardingOne

Sorceror
I have a few minor ones that I can do if I can figure out the major ones. FS animal taming, effects system by GD13 (I think), xml system and wedding system is probably all I really need from it. Once 2.0 comes out, the player government system update but don't worry about that, it's not here yet. The xml system and wedding system probably aren't very important, as I haven't really used either yet.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
I would love to implement and start using this system but am currently using A_Li_N's Public Gates v1.02a should I replace them with the ones in the first post, leave them there, or do what with them?

A_Li_N

Knight
Iomega0318 said:
I would love to implement and start using this system but am currently using A_Li_N's Public Gates v1.02a should I replace them with the ones in the first post, leave them there, or do what with them?
Replace I believe...just follow any instructions from the main page...(following the links) Especially look into the versioning update. Keep backups :) I'm gone for the weekend, but can help when I get back if you need it.

A_Li_N

Knight
Updated 06-05-28 - 1851

I believe I've fixed a problem with the Public Gates. The only changed file is \Public Gates\Gumps\PGGump.cs. Replace that rile and you should be fine.

hi there, ive been useing this and other things testing them out b4 i add them to my main server. but with my main server. i have your old public moongate sysem in. now as i want to add this and the level system do i put your package in my server and remove your old one, then do [gengates to get my old gates put back. or do i have to set them all up again. and the system i have with the public gump. thanks for your time.

WonderlandADnc

I have a few minor ones that I can do if I can figure out the major ones. FS animal taming, effects system by GD13 (I think), xml system and wedding system is probably all I really need from it. Once 2.0 comes out, the player government system update but don't worry about that, it's not here yet. The xml system and wedding system probably aren't very important, as I haven't really used either yet
It's funny that you meantion that. Cause I have been working on FS Taming and UO Wedding conversions.

lol
they say great minds think the same.
but im not one of them. well in the relms of uo things, you have been at it for years, and i started last year. :( lol

A_Li_N

Knight
WonderlandADnc said:
hi there, ive been useing this and other things testing them out b4 i add them to my main server. but with my main server. i have your old public moongate sysem in. now as i want to add this and the level system do i put your package in my server and remove your old one, then do [gengates to get my old gates put back. or do i have to set them all up again. and the system i have with the public gump. thanks for your time.
Thanks for the interest :)

http://www.runuo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=461050&postcount=16
That's the post that describes the addition of Public Gates to the ACC...it says to put the ACC in the server, load up the server and save, then you can remove the old stuff. If you have problems, let me know and I'll help further. BACKUP before hand, just in case :)

Code:
/**I made a big booboo with the de/serialization of this system.
 **I didn't use versioning and therefore it made it a bit more difficult to add new things.
 **As such, I've done this work around.  Load the shard up and save it.
 **After doing that, set this to true.                    **/
/**/	public static bool UseVersioning = true;        /**/
/***********************************************************/

i cant seem to find this to edit it. in PGSystem.

thanks again. and also your last post helped lots.

A_Li_N

Knight
WonderlandADnc said:
Code:
/**I made a big booboo with the de/serialization of this system.
 **I didn't use versioning and therefore it made it a bit more difficult to add new things.
 **As such, I've done this work around.  Load the shard up and save it.
 **After doing that, set this to true.                    **/
/**/	public static bool UseVersioning = true;        /**/
/***********************************************************/

i cant seem to find this to edit it. in PGSystem.

thanks again. and also your last post helped lots.
Ummmmm....what? That's a copy/paste FROM PGSystem.cs....

valdis

Wanderer
Adding New Spell Books to Vendors

Just a quick question,

I wanted to make new vendors for each of the new Spell classes in the CSS,
But when I go into the SBINFO for my new NPC and add oh say, BardSpellbook to it, on load up it tells me there isn't anything called BardSpellbook...

So I guess my question would be. How do I go about add'n your new books onto a vendor? I guessing it has something to do with the say your system handles the schools as a whole.

BTW, wonderful system. You give us small time scripters hope.
Take Care.