RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N - Completely Custom {Alpha}

A_Li_N

Knight
valdis said:
Just a quick question,

I wanted to make new vendors for each of the new Spell classes in the CSS,
But when I go into the SBINFO for my new NPC and add oh say, BardSpellbook to it, on load up it tells me there isn't anything called BardSpellbook...

So I guess my question would be. How do I go about add'n your new books onto a vendor? I guessing it has something to do with the say your system handles the schools as a whole.

BTW, wonderful system. You give us small time scripters hope.
Take Care.
There should be no problem to adding my spellbooks...you might try a full name reference...
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( ACC.CSS.Systems.Bard.BardSpellbook ), ... ) );

SpellbookVendor V1 + PublicGateBall V1
For A_Li_N - Completely Custom {Alpha} - Complete Spell System

Hi there all i've sorted out my vendor script, and posting as done.
no errors, if you think of anything to add or i missed something please let me know.

just add to you customs folder. and in game [add SpellBookVendor

and enjoy a great spell system. for for all.

View attachment 7417

http://www.runuo.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7417&stc=1&d=1149034562

--------Edit-----------
I have also done my GumpBall i used to use it when i had the old ver. now i call it the PublicGateBall. its just the gate but in a ball.
well thanks

Just add in A_Li_N - Completely Custom - 06-05-28 - 1851\Public Gates\Items

and in game do [add PublicGateBall

{Things to do with this.

1. add a suitable hue. to do this your self just find
Code:
ItemID = 0x1870;
in your PublicGateBall and add after it.
Code:
Hue = 1289;

and 2.
workout how to make it so you cant open it when you ddclick itwhen its on the ground. i know the code is this
Code:
if ( !IsChildOf (from.Backpack))
{
from.SendMessage( 77, "The Stable Stone must be in your pack in order to Stable a Pet!" );
where OnDoubleClick is. but if you just add this. it works. but when its in your pack it dont open. and if you add it along side if the rest of the code you can still ddclcick it and it sends you the message.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7441&d=1149136840

well have fun.
all the best

Attachments

• SpellBookVendor.rar
    1.5 KB · Views: 39

valdis

Wanderer
Ummm

A_Li_N said:
There should be no problem to adding my spellbooks...you might try a full name reference...
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( ACC.CSS.Systems.Bard.BardSpellbook ), ... ) );

*blink blink* *sighs* I knew that.. But thanks for the help!

andy88

Wanderer
error...

i read the first post and downloaded all three files but i seem to have an error.. am i missing a file or somthing? was there somthing else i want ment to do before starting up my server? sorry about this im kinda new to al of this.. thanks for the help

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Costom scripts\Public Gates -Versioning Update\Public Gates\PG
System.cs: CS0246: (line 9, column 26) The type or namespace name 'ACCSystem' co
uld not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

you need to put the full package in and remove spells. the Public Gates -Versioning Update is for if u have the old system.
and if you do have the old system and have set up gates. remove your old system and Public Gates -Versioning Update
and all the full package in. and then do [gengates to get your old ones back.

i hope this helps.

andy88

Wanderer
so..

WonderlandADnc said:
you need to put the full package in and remove spells. the Public Gates -Versioning Update is for if u have the old system.
and if you do have the old system and have set up gates. remove your old system and Public Gates -Versioning Update
and all the full package in. and then do [gengates to get your old ones back.

i hope this helps.

the pub gate - versioning update i do not need and i also need to delete spells.cs? im rly sorry im kinda a nub at all this. thanks for your help.

A_Li_N

Knight
andy88 said:
i read the first post and downloaded all three files but i seem to have an error.. am i missing a file or somthing? was there somthing else i want ment to do before starting up my server? sorry about this im kinda new to al of this.. thanks for the help

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Costom scripts\Public Gates -Versioning Update\Public Gates\PG
System.cs: CS0246: (line 9, column 26) The type or namespace name 'ACCSystem' co
uld not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Fresh install (aka, no other of my systems installed):
Download the A_Li_N - Completely Custom - 06-05-28 - 1851.rar and extract it into your customs folder. Start the server.

If you want distro locations for the Public Gates, download the Public Gate Distro Export.zip and extract it to your RunUO folder (so it looks like <path>\RunUO\ACC Exports\). Load the server up and type [acc and hit the Public Gates button and import the system.

If you had my old Public Gates, please read up in this thread for information on how to update that.

If you don't want any of the systems, simply delete their folder. Note: Complete Spell System and Public Gates both require Central Memory.

Code:
If you want distro locations for the Public Gates, download the Public Gate Distro Export.zip and extract it to your RunUO folder (so it looks like <path>\RunUO\ACC Exports\). Load the server up and type [acc and hit the Public Gates button and import the system.
lol. i did wonder what these was for. lol thanks

ps also say i wanted to add a progam useing your system, how would i go about using it. by doing.

Code:
namespace Server.ACC
{
	public class ACC

thanks for your wisdom

WonderlandADnc

Code:
If you want distro locations for the Public Gates, download the Public Gate Distro Export.zip and extract it to your RunUO folder (so it looks like <path>\RunUO\ACC Exports\). Load the server up and type [acc and hit the Public Gates button and import the system.​

lol. i did wonder what these was for. lol thanks

ps also say i wanted to add a progam useing your system, how would i go about using it. by doing.

Code:
namespace Server.ACC{ public class ACC​

thanks for your wisdom
Add "using Server.ACC;" at the top of your script.

A_Li_N

Knight
WonderlandADnc said:

Code:
namespace Server.ACC
{
	public class ACC

thanks for your wisdom
Are you asking how you make your own system to be added to the ACC, or simply adding reference to the ACC?

If you are wanting to make a system that is seen by the ACC, do these things: (look at PGSystem.cs for examples)
Base class: ACCSystem -
Code:
namespace Server.ACC.SomeSystem
{
	public class MySystem : ACCSystem

Overridable ACCSystem methods:
Code:
		public abstract string Name();
		public abstract void Save( GenericWriter idx, GenericWriter tdb, GenericWriter writer );
		public abstract void Load( BinaryReader idx, BinaryReader tdb, BinaryFileReader reader );
		public abstract void Gump( Mobile from, Gump gump, object[] subParams );
		public abstract void Help( Mobile from, Gump gump );
		public abstract void OnResponse( NetState state, RelayInfo info, object[] subParams );
		public abstract void Enable();
		public abstract void Disable();
Name is the display name in the gumps.
Save is like Serialize (writer is the one you use, don't worry bout the others)
Load is like Deserialize (reader is the one you use, don't worry bout the others)
Gump is the gump code that is used in the Admin Gump. Hard to explain, would have to look at others for examples.
Help is (will be) gump code for help on the system that players can access.
OnResponse is treated pretty much like gump OnResponse. Also, hard to explain here.
Enable is what's called when you enable the system.
Disable is what's called when you disable the system.

Since this is not an interface, you do not need to override everyone of these methods, but it's good practice to do so, even if it's a simple accknowledgement of the fact that it was called.

i working on somthing at the moment. and it comples but i want to use your system as its great., i will look on more of what you posted. l8er due to its ttime for bed. thanks again for your time.
and on the matter of what you said i working on my own system to be added to the ACC, and adding reference to the ACC, did you cover adding reference to the ACC

ps also could i ask. about saving as well. as in. with my program its says your info. i no how to do it to save in a folder in your server like so.

Code:
private const string apppath = @"Data/Info/";

do i do

Code:
private const string apppath = @"Server.ACC/Accounts/";

to save the info.and to be recalled and read. thanks and i see i think you posted most of the other things i was going to ask.

also the locations of the gates ive put in on my online server with your old public gates. where are the entries saved. as im putting my online saves into my test shard to have all new fresh things. and its working fine. but when i load it up i get

Code:
Error: Type 'Server.PG.GumpBall' was not found. Delete all of those types? (y/n)

y
World: Loading...failed
Error: Type 'Server.PG.PublicGate' was not found. Delete all of those types? (y/
n)

World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
 - Type: Server.PG.PGControl
 - Serial: 0x40003D3F
Delete the object? (y/n)
y
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
y
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, regions=
False, type=Server.PG.PGControl, serial=0x40003D3F) ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamEx
ception: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString()
   at Server.BinaryFileReader.ReadString()
   at Server.ACC.PG.PGLocation.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
   at Server.ACC.PG.PGCategory.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
   at Server.PG.PGControl.Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
   at Server.World.Load()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Server.World.Load()
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

and then i load up the server and do gen gates and my old gates dont get gened.

thanks again. master.

A_Li_N

Knight
WonderlandADnc said:
i working on somthing at the moment. and it comples but i want to use your system as its great., i will look on more of what you posted. l8er due to its ttime for bed. thanks again for your time.
and on the matter of what you said i working on my own system to be added to the ACC, and adding reference to the ACC, did you cover adding reference to the ACC
Referencing would be pretty pointless, as the methods contained within it are pretty much only for the ACC...

WonderlandADnc said:
ps also could i ask. about saving as well. as in. with my program its says your info. i no how to do it to save in a folder in your server like so.

Code:
private const string apppath = @"Data/Info/";

do i do

Code:
private const string apppath = @"Server.ACC/Accounts/";

to save the info.and to be recalled and read. thanks and i see i think you posted most of the other things i was going to ask.
If you have a system that saves some sort of info, I'd make a module for the Central Memory and use that to save things...
If you let me know what kind of stuff you're saving, I can let you know how to set it up.

WonderlandADnc said:
also the locations of the gates ive put in on my online server with your old public gates. where are the entries saved. as im putting my online saves into my test shard to have all new fresh things. and its working fine. but when i load it up i get
and then i load up the server and do gen gates and my old gates dont get gened.

thanks again. master.
First off, what version of the old system are you using that you are trying to update from? After you answer that, and if the answer is 1.0.3a, continue. If it's not that version, let me know and we can get together sometime to get things working.

Otherwise:
Take your server with the old system, put entire ACC (all you want anyway, but ACC, CM, PG for sure) into it. You should then delete your old system. The reason being that the ACC contains a 'new' version of the PGControl.cs which loads the 'old' system into the new one.
When you try to load the server, you might be asked to delete all 'PublicGate's since you deleted it, that's fine, go ahead and do so. You should not be asked to delete 'PGControl'! When you get into the game, do [gengates and it should generate all your old gates.

If you are having problems loading the PGControl, you might want to follow the versioning update steps to see if it helps. (I doubt that this is the issue)

On a side note:
:mad:I'm getting frustrated with how long it's taking to release 2.0...would really like to get to working on re-writing these systems to work better and use the new core. But I guess all we can do is wait.:mad:

Alien

On a side note:
:mad:I'm getting frustrated with how long it's taking to release 2.0...would really like to get to working on re-writing these systems to work better and use the new core. But I guess all we can do is wait.:mad:
It would be nice if they passed the new version down to us scriptors at least. It would give us the ability (and time) to update our scripts for 2.0. So that when 2.0 is released we could offer our updates at the same time.

i would love to see what the new one looks like ect. i bet it will be the best so far,.

with what i want to add to your system is so far just the account part. where players put there info into. in time as i keep leabing .cs i will get to how i want it. but its going to be a game type program. that saves there info and reports of like who won ect. a little like the level system. as i love that so much i wanted to do somthing on the line of a game. so i would like a module, to use on yours. if thats ok.

also i did my public gates on my online server. and it was A_Li_N's Public Gates 1.0.2, i had.
but it worked fine. i did everything right and exported my locs. as well. so i will never loose them. i love that about this system.

but i did get this error on my server

Code:
Warning: Static EOS for Felucca (768, 161)

thanks for your time.

A_Li_N

Knight
WonderlandADnc said:
with what i want to add to your system is so far just the account part. where players put there info into. in time as i keep leabing .cs i will get to how i want it. but its going to be a game type program. that saves there info and reports of like who won ect. a little like the level system. as i love that so much i wanted to do somthing on the line of a game. so i would like a module, to use on yours. if thats ok.
Modules aren't hard to make once you get the hang of it. I can help when the time comes.

WonderlandADnc said:
also i did my public gates on my online server. and it was A_Li_N's Public Gates 1.0.2, i had.
but it worked fine. i did everything right and exported my locs. as well. so i will never loose them. i love that about this system.
That one should update to ACC just fine...have you successfully done so already?

WonderlandADnc said:
but i did get this error on my server

Code:
Warning: Static EOS for Felucca (768, 161)

thanks for your time.
No idea what that is...when do you get it and what are you doing?

this part Felucca (768, 161) is where i am i take it.
and what i was doing was [acc exporting and importing.
and that was it.
i didnt do anything else.

Lord Neo

Sorceror
WonderlandADnc said:
this part Felucca (768, 161) is where i am i take it.
and what i was doing was [acc exporting and importing.
and that was it.
i didnt do anything else.
This thread here may shed some light on the error, It started for me after i resized the maps for mondains legacy. It's not cuz of his custom acc.