RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abilities System, with Tree Harvesting, Building houses from Recipes, +more [2.0 SVN]

as far as i know, no. unless you have a certain system that requires you to have it in your RUO directory, you shouldn't have it. the orb version you have to have but other than that, i don't think so

jamesreg

Sorceror
can i use any ultima dll from another copy of runuo I have seen them in other copies but there is not a copy in my version never noticed it till just now

Would there happen to be any commands in here for admins to set the ability level up like the setskill command for normal skills?
I just wanted to test things at gm levels and see play with the abilities.

Lokai

Knight
These operate much the same as normal skill commands.

You would this to set an individual skill like Linguistics to 80:

[SetLokaiSkill Linguistics 80

You would use this to set all skills to 70:

[SetAllLokaiSkills 70

jamesreg

Sorceror
First off I want to thank you for helping me get this script set up (sorry i had so much problems with it)

Second I have been messing around with your house building parts of the script more then anything else.
I was hoping it was a system I would be able to use because I plan to make ship building and house building
part of my shard.

And I have to tell you im very impressed with your work on this. This is simply exactly what I was looking for.

I see you have about half a dozen of the classic houses.

I'm Assuming that all one would have to do is edit some of your existing scripts in this to add the other classic houses that are in game now correct?

Also my big question here is would it be possible to add the customization houses to this system?
I know it would be possible to edit scripts to make anything but my big issue is there are no deeds
that I am aware of for the customizable plots (Unless im wrong about that correct me if I am)

Im not asking you to script anything for me but could you give me the following pointers to get me started on trying to make deeds for the customizable
houses so I can add them to this as well.

Plus any plans to add ship building to this system at any time?

Lokai

Knight
Ship building is very much a possibility, but would likely involve a different skill. Perhaps you can use the slot currently used by one of the Cleric abilities and convert it. Yes, the house recipies can easily be made for the remaining types. The way I made them was I stood inside each type of house and looked at all the walls and windows and tried to count (yes, count by hand, not really a guess so much as an estimate) how many of each type of piece. It took time, but I wanted to give it a little authenticity.

As far as customizable houses I really don't know how to make those from recipies. If you want to limit housing to only constructable types, you might have to eliminate them or just make them prohibitively expensive.

jamesreg

Sorceror
Well forgetting about the whole system of your house building if your ever messing around with house stuff and find a way to make the customizable plots into a deed form the way classic houses have deeds then let me know. Great system im loving it so far

MaG_PaW

Sorceror
any can help me? i got this error. i use RunUO 2.2 downloaded from the this web

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4272.35047
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Custom/abilities system for 2.1 2.2/Tree Harvest System/TreeResources.cs:
    CS1002: Line 78: Se esperaba ;
    CS1519: Line 79: El símbolo '{' no es válido en una clase, estructura o decl
aración de miembro de interfaz
    CS1518: Line 94: Se esperaba una clase, un delegado, una enumeración, una in
terfaz o una estructura
    CS1518: Line 111: Se esperaba una clase, un delegado, una enumeración, una i
nterfaz o una estructura
    CS1518: Line 121: Se esperaba una clase, un delegado, una enumeración, una i
nterfaz o una estructura
    CS0116: Line 146: Un espacio de nombres no contiene directamente miembros co
mo campos o métodos
    CS1022: Line 172: Se esperaba una definición de tipo o espacio de nombres, o
el fin del archivo
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

MaG_PaW

Sorceror
i resolve the problem usin one runuo.exe with .net framework 4 and all it bestial!!!!

now i attach the .exe i use for help other people if i can.

Attachments

• RunUO-Framework4.rar
    193.4 KB · Views: 11