RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abilities System, with Tree Harvesting, Building houses from Recipes, +more [2.0 SVN]

Lokai

Knight
These errors do not make any sense.

TreeResources.cs:
Line 146: Definition of space for the name or type, or end of file expected

Line 172: Namespace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods

Ability.cs:
Line 15: Partial modifier on declaration of type non-existent 'Server.Ability', there is another partial declaration of this kind

None of them make sense. The file you are using is the same as what I have. The ONLY difference is you seem to be using a newer build of RunUO.

Mine says "Build 4315.25675" and yours says "Build 4422.36494"

What version of RunUO are you using?

Lokai

Knight
OK. I just updated to latest SVN, added my complete Abilities System, compiled, and it ran fine. No errors. Perhaps you changed something in my scripts?

Lokai

Knight
NEW FILE SYSTEM UPLOADED:

Now only 2 ZIP files uploaded. Both contain all current updates. One is for use with any version of 2.0 RC2 through FINAL (SVN 285 - 399.) The other file is for use with 2.1, 2.2, and later (tested up to SVN 830.)

I did this because I don't want anyone using an outdated version of this script simply because they are not able to compile the new one. All old revisions of this system have been removed.

Lokai

Knight
This system has only a couple minor differences between the various versions.

For the most part it is simply changes like Tile[] to StaticTile[], or List<> to ArrayList, or vice versa.

My guess is you could add it to a test system of the same type you are wanting to use it in, see what errors come up, if any, and they are probably easily repaired.

Lokai

Knight
Is this system compatiable with orbs version any one know? Thanks in advance

This system is definitely NOT compatible with ORBS SA release. They use an "Abilities" system which has nothing to do with this one, but conflicts in naming.

Lokai

Knight
*UPDATE 2/15/2012*
Created ORB SA-compatible system. Basically Ability = LokaiSkill. (There was much more to it than that, but suffice to say, it works.) Enjoy.

jamesreg

Sorceror
I want to think you for preparing an ORBSA version of this.
I do have a question it says no modified files however it looks like it will overwrite some files.
beings im using the orbsa version im afraid that some of those files might be different then the
base runuo files. do you know anything about that?

I just noticed this was in the changes i made to basevendor so maybe the changes you made for orbsa version need to be made to basevendor or is conflicting there just now noticed that.

I went ahead an added it getting the following errors
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.2, Build 4427.13308
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 2 warnings)
Warnings:
+ Items/Addons/BaseAddonContainer.cs:
    CS0108: Line 41: 'Server.Items.BaseAddonContainer.Resource' hides inherited
member 'Server.Items.BaseContainer.Resource'. Use the new keyword if hiding was
intended.
+ Expansions/Stygian Abyss/SA Mobiles/SA Peerless/SlasherOfVeils.cs:
    CS0114: Line 115: 'Server.Mobiles.SlasherOfVeils.FireRing()' hides inherited
member 'Server.Mobiles.BasePeerless.FireRing()'. To make the current member ove
rride that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keywo
rd.
Errors:
+ Mobiles/Vendors/BaseVendor.cs:
    CS0103: Line 1117: The name 'MasterAbilityItem' does not exist in the curren
t context
    CS0103: Line 1121: The name 'MasterAbilityItem' does not exist in the curren
t context
    CS0103: Line 1122: The name 'MasterAbilityItem' does not exist in the curren
t context
    CS0246: Line 1122: The type or namespace name 'Abilities' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0103: Line 1123: The name 'MasterAbilityItem' does not exist in the curren
t context
    CS0246: Line 1125: The type or namespace name 'SuccessRating' could not be f
ound (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0103: Line 1125: The name 'AbilityUtilities' does not exist in the current
context
    CS0103: Line 1128: The name 'SuccessRating' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 1129: The name 'AbilityHandlers' does not exist in the current
context
    CS0103: Line 1132: The name 'SuccessRating' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 1133: The name 'AbilityHandlers' does not exist in the current
context
    CS0103: Line 1136: The name 'SuccessRating' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 1137: The name 'AbilityHandlers' does not exist in the current
context
    CS0103: Line 1140: The name 'SuccessRating' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 1141: The name 'AbilityHandlers' does not exist in the current
context
    CS0103: Line 1144: The name 'SuccessRating' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 1145: The name 'AbilityHandlers' does not exist in the current
context
    CS0103: Line 1148: The name 'SuccessRating' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 1149: The name 'AbilityHandlers' does not exist in the current
context
    CS0103: Line 1152: The name 'SuccessRating' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 1153: The name 'AbilityHandlers' does not exist in the current
context
    CS0103: Line 1156: The name 'SuccessRating' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 1157: The name 'AbilityHandlers' does not exist in the current
context
    CS0103: Line 1161: The name 'SuccessRating' does not exist in the current co
ntext
    CS0103: Line 1162: The name 'AbilityHandlers' does not exist in the current
context
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I also restored my original basevendor file and thought id give her a load up without the commerce system part and see how it works and i dropped into main runuo folder and
no errors in compiled just fine but its as if the system is not even there tried to add some of the items, do the commands nothing at all.

Lokai

Knight
If you are using the ORB SA version, then the changes to BaseVendor will have to be adjusted for the new system. There is no "MasterAbilityItem" in the ORB SA version, since I had to rename everything with the word Ability or Abilities to LokaiSkill and LokaiSkills. I have not posted an updated BaseVendor edit for the ORB SA version. If I have a chance I will do that by Monday.

jamesreg

Sorceror
well from what im understanding the system should work without the update to base vendor this is only if you want the commerce system is this correct?
and it was a simple drag and drop into main uo folder to get the rest of the system working is this correct?

I did drop into main uo folder and booted shard with no errors however it does not seem to be picking up the system or any of the items or anything.
did i do something wrong or is there some other compatibality issue with orbsa that I am not seeing.

once again thank you for taking the time to custom this for us users using the orbsa version it was very thoughtful of you.
I dont want to continue to bug you but i know it has to be something simple going on

Lokai

Knight
If you drop the system in your files and restart, the first time you log in you should see a MasterLokaiSkillItem in your pack. If not, [add one. If you double-click it, it should give you a bag with some tools and resources that are part of the system to get you started. Remember everything was renamed, so the first page of this post may have commands and such that do not apply.

jamesreg

Sorceror
Hate to say this but i dropped it in folder restarted and like I said in previous post nothing its as if its not even there wont accept any of the commands, nothings in backpack, even trying to manually find some of the items which you should be able to [add does not even show they exist.

I added the whole thing to my custom script folder instead of in the main runuo folder now seems to be at least knowing its there one error only as follows
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.2, Build 4427.13308
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Custom Systems/Lokai Skills/Tree Harvest System/TreeResources.cs:
    CS1002: Line 78: ; expected
    CS1519: Line 79: Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1518: Line 94: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 111: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 121: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS0116: Line 146: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fiel
ds or methods
    CS1022: Line 172: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

duponthigh

Sorceror
Yes i have the same error as jamesreg. I have not had time to fiddle with it hope someone sheds some light on it sounds like a awsome addon for uo .

Lokai

Knight
If you are using ORB SA r20 (the latest version) just drop the LokaiSkill System folder into the Scripts.Workbench folder and you should get the same results as I have here when you run the .NET 4.0 Compile.bat batch file:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4432.29125
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319
Core: Running with arguments: -debug
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Compiling Workbench...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Verifying...done (3675 items, 969 mobiles) (3.09 seconds)

Padre

Sorceror
I put all files in scripts folder, but I got that error I cant understand whats the problem =/ I think I'm doing something wrong whem I install. I have the same error of this guys jamesreg and duponthigh

Lokai

Knight
I put all files in scripts folder, but I got that error I cant understand whats the problem =/ I think I'm doing something wrong whem I install. I have the same error of this guys jamesreg and duponthigh

Read post #176 very carefully. If you still have an error post your results.

alright its compiling right now. this is a beasty system!

just got an error. i dropped it in workbench folder and i got. i am using the .NET 4.0 compile. i used the other compile as well, same error

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4358.41093
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Compiling Workbench...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ ../Scripts.Workbench/Loki/Tree Harvest System/TreeResources.cs:
    CS1002: Line 78: ; expected
    CS1519: Line 79: Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1518: Line 94: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 111: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 121: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS0116: Line 146: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fiel
ds or methods
    CS1022: Line 172: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected