RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abilities System, with Tree Harvesting, Building houses from Recipes, +more [2.0 SVN]

okay, now i have a different error, i'm now running 4.0.
Code:
Errors:
+ ../Scripts.Workbench/Loki/Abilities/Pilfering.cs:
    CS1501: Line 128: No overload for method 'RandomClothing' takes 1 arguments
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Lord Naught

Wanderer
Hey if you don't mind me asking do you think you could add in on this to make a skill of flying? sorta like gargs but not them you know what i mean? i want to make it to where other players like elves and humans can fly too just because it would be a very kewl idea for a bow based shard, i like the gargs and all but they are so annoying to mess with and its not fair to make completly different armour for them so why not just add in the things we like most about them? well if you can work on it that would be kewl and i'll help with it but i don't know where to start

Lokai

Knight
I'm not going to be doing that, since it would require alterations to the UO Client. And I don't think there are any animations for Human or Elf flying, whereas it is built in to the Client for Gargoyles. Besides, it would be cooler if they could fly over obstacles, uneven terrain and water, but they can't. It's like they are just running fast on the ground with invisible feet.

i will take on that project. its easy enough, but they might have to mounted, or it will look as if they where just walking on the air. possably on a reptalion (sorry if thats the wrong name, working off the top of my head.) i could modify a GM walking on air script submission i saw. just basically makes invisable tiles in a square around the player, that delete themselves. but this is the wrong place to be talking about it, and there are no requests aloud on RunUO

DrewCCU

Wanderer
I seem to be having a similar error as others have had. I am not usings ORBSA - I am using RunUO 2.0 and this is the error:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3567.2838
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Customs/Abilities/Tree Harvest System/TreeResources.cs:
    CS1002: Line 78: ; expected
    CS1519: Line 79: Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1518: Line 94: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 111: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 121: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS0116: Line 146: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fiel
ds or methods
    CS1022: Line 172: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected

I have been trying to get this file to work I have the following error I see others have to but do not know how to fix.
I do have net 4 framework on this pc cause i tried to install it and it said i already had it.

the error is as follows

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3567.2838
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ custom/abilities/Tree Harvest System/TreeResources.cs:
    CS1002: Line 78: ; expected
    CS1519: Line 79: Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member dec
laration
    CS1518: Line 94: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 111: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS1518: Line 121: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
    CS0116: Line 146: A namespace does not directly contain members such as fiel
ds or methods
    CS1022: Line 172: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected

here is the treeresources.cs file as well it and all other scripts of yours are unmodified downloaded stright from this page.
The only difference in your instructions was I had to unzip your folder to my customs folder for it to work

Your instructions said to unzip into the root runuo directory however when I do that im able to complile finde but in game the
system is not picked up at all as if it is not there.

When I put into custom folder then the system tries to compile and I get the above errors.

This is the final script I have to install before being able to customize my shard and get it up and running.
I really want to have this script working.

I see others with same script error but not to clear how and if they fixed it.

Thank you.

Attachments

• TreeResources.cs
    25 KB · Views: 3

Lokai

Knight
This means you may "Have" .Net 4.0, but you are not using it.

In order to actually use it, you have to compile the core with a .Net 4.0 Compiler or some such.

Ex: (Replace orb.ico with your icon, and replace Orb_Server.exe with whatever name you want to give your Server.)

Code:
cd Server
SET DOTNET=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
SET PATH=%DOTNET%
csc.exe /win32icon:orb.ico /r:Ultima.dll /debug /nowarn:0618 /nologo /out:..\Orb_Server.exe /optimize /unsafe /recurse:*.cs /define:Framework_4_0
PAUSE

Im not using the orbsa version with this server im using the runuo repack as the orbs version did not end up suiting all my needs
and I had much more compatability with older runuo systems I wanted with the 2.0 repack version.

I removed the tree harvesting part of your package and the reference to the tree tool in the abilitiesbag script
the program now compiles fine and appears to be working fine.

Except that i will not be able to have access to the tree harvesting poritons of this program
I had not planned in the start to use all your default abilities but rather use the system to create custom ones for myself.
However the tree harvesting part of it was something I did want to have.

But if I can not have it its not a totaly loss to me. but if by chance you know how to get it working thats great too.
orbs has the compile thing you mention dont see it in regular 2.0

Lokai

Knight
It doesn't matter which version you are using. If you are getting the error you describe, you need to compile the core with .Net 4.0. Then, everything including the Tree Harvesting will work fine.

I guess I do not know how to do that there is no compile file in my runuo directory or anything other then the runuo.exe file
will compiling hurt all my other scripts and customs?

Lokai

Knight
In order to actually use it, you have to compile the core with a .Net 4.0 Compiler or some such.

Ex: (Replace orb.ico with your icon, and replace Orb_Server.exe with whatever name you want to give your Server.)

Code:
cd Server
SET DOTNET=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
SET PATH=%DOTNET%
csc.exe /win32icon:orb.ico /r:Ultima.dll /debug /nowarn:0618 /nologo /out:..\Orb_Server.exe /optimize /unsafe /recurse:*.cs /define:Framework_4_0
PAUSE

Here, I already gave you the compiler code. Save this as a batch file, and run it in your RunUO directory. It will not harm anything. If you leave it as "Orb_Server.exe" or whatever you like, as long as it's different from the Server.exe you are using now, you will have 2 of them, and you can pick which one to run.

jamesreg

Sorceror
One more quick question and Im sure to get this afterward lol.
I dont seem to have an ultima.dll file is that a bad thing?