RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About the Phantom fiasco...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagash

Sorceror
I know he have a problem with overreactiion, ego and some other stuff but....
I have been here since beta3 and never had a problem with him or anybody else. I asked my questions only after trying hard(and I always did that in school or my teacher would tell me the same thing phantom does)and everything. It´s a question of common sense. When you lack your own common sense, you can't expect him to have it. He replyed to me sometimes and I never had a problem with his replies neither was he rude with me. Sometimes really straight, but not rude. The thing is that he really lack some points to live in societies like this forum and is hard to make him live among the others here, but I can't say he was wrong. I can't say that banning him is right or wrong, but mods probably did that cause they needed to. I always find a shame that someone needs to be banned, but people should avoid leading mods into that.

Kwwres10

Wanderer
Siren, you are most likely right. (Sorry I am not going to quote your entire post as it is a big ass post and will take up too much room added to my response.) BUT the reason why I didn't agree with phantom is BECAUSE he never tryed to help the newbies learn. To prevent people from asking more questions, instead of saying:

DO THIS
Code:
m.Rider = this;

Try saying this.

By using the following method the mount will automatically be ridden upon because the mount's rider value will be set to the character's serial number. Just insert this after the Nightmare addition code.
Code:
m.Rider = this;

Or something like that. I didn't really approve the way he [Phantom] just claimed how stupid everyone is. If you make the newbies feel idiotic they may not want to continue scripting. Also if you are just going to post sarcastic useless replys... Your just taking up hard drive space. Its not even worth your time or the newbie's time if your just going to bitch and moan throughout the post, even if it isn't against the rules. People, instead of reading your whinie (I think thats how its spelt) comments about how inexperienced they are, could be getting real help. We were all newbies once. None of us were born with C# seared to our brains. Cut the newbies some slack. Whatever. Just my thoughts.

P.S. These statments about people being whiney is a General Statement. Its not directed to sirens because I have never seen her bitch, except up top. All refrences to Phantom are true though.

Cheers,
Farmer Noxstyx

Kwwres10

Wanderer
Nagash said:
I know he have a problem with overreactiion, ego and some other stuff but....
I have been here since beta3 and never had a problem with him or anybody else. I asked my questions only after trying hard(and I always did that in school or my teacher would tell me the same thing phantom does)and everything. It´s a question of common sense. When you lack your own common sense, you can't expect him to have it. He replyed to me sometimes and I never had a problem with his replies neither was he rude with me. Sometimes really straight, but not rude. The thing is that he really lack some points to live in societies like this forum and is hard to make him live among the others here, but I can't say he was wrong. I can't say that banning him is right or wrong, but mods probably did that cause they needed to. I always find a shame that someone needs to be banned, but people should avoid leading mods into that.

There is a great quote of what I think led to Phantom's banning.

Absolute power corrupts absolutley.

I think he just needed a break. If he think people don't have common sense, don't waste their time by telling them that. Just kick back in your chair and chuckle, don't get all mad and post 5 word sarcastic replys. Its a very easy concept.

stryder

Wanderer
Everyone has and is entitled to their own opinions about anything and everything, the main thing is that we all need to learn from this example and try to make runuo the best that it can possibly be. This thread could go on forever with pro and con statements about his ways, and attitude. Phantom is gone for the time being at the decision of ryan and the runuo team so lets all just forget about it, move on, and as numerous people have said try not to act the way he did and for gods sake help the newbs, like me, cause i wasn't born with C# as my primary language and if you would like me to understand how something works then explain it to me dont tell me the computer works simply cause you push the power button on and then expect me to understand the intricate details of how the internal components run a computer? That is the main problem we have had when replying or responding to anyone who has a question. THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS JUST DUMB ANSWERS. If a person needs help then you should try, to the best of your ability, to help that person even if it means showing them exactly where in a script they need to look.

Khaz

Knight
This thread is only going to get worse and worse, and it should be locked. There is no need for people to be saying this crud about Phantom.

Crepti

Wanderer
I agree with Khaz... It's been going rapidly downhill in the form of flames and bashes at Phantom, which just isn't right if he can't defend himself :-/

I'm not going to post my personal opinion of Phantom as I feel that is just classless considering the situation. Instead, I will just say that I hope him the best and that he can work out whateverit is that he has to work out.

Thraxus

Sorceror
I don't normally petition for threads to be locked, but perhaps in this case I'd make an exception.

People are saying that Phantom should have kept his comments to himself..
Perhaps they should follow their own advice and leave well enough alone..

psz

Administrator
Since a LARGE number of you openly vocal, obviously anti-Phantom folk are *ALSO* obviously blind, I repeat what Ryan said IN THE FIRST POST:

I do ask, that you refrain from publicly bashing Phantom after his departure, because that, would in essence take you to the level of a user we do not wish to have be a part of this community.

This thread is locked.

Do NOT post a single Phantom-Bash post, or you will most likely be joining him.

Status
Not open for further replies.