RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another "Post Your Desktop"

bzk90

Lord
Another "Post Your Desktop"

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer

I'm a hardcore believer in the "do it yourself" approach of customization...Now all I need is to get my start menu designed....don't even get me started on Alpha channels....*vomits*

Killamus

Knight
Mine is a black screen. Yea, really. I have about 20-30 desktop icons, but they're all hidden, as is my taskbar, and I have a whopping none for my background. Yay Desktop TV tuners.
Hehehehehehe.
Only reason I don't post a 1440x900 black picture is because Windows thwarted me again in my conquest to defeat it, and I accidently uninstalled paint. Go me.

Killamus

Knight
I would want to buy Vista.... If it had a UNIX base. And was opensource. And supported old hardware. And didn't crash every other second.
WHOLY SHIT, sorry. That last one was too much to ask of something that people use to throw shit out of.

Which, ironcially enough, is exactly what Windows is doing.

Ok, just to be clear, I think that Vista itself does indeed have potental, but it was severely ruined. Ruined, as in the skeletal system is similar to that of a hot babe, but the rest of it is similar to that of a fat, sex craved, transexual ape.

jumpnjahosofat

Sorceror
The coolest thing that I have seen about vista so far is that you don't have a trashcan icon on your desktop! :D As for other things about vista, I can't seem to get it to network with anything other than Vista! I run XPPro on my desktop and I have a laptop with Vista on it. They just don't seem to play well together.

Bleach

Knight
jumpnjahosofat;682830 said:
The coolest thing that I have seen about vista so far is that you don't have a trashcan icon on your desktop! :D As for other things about vista, I can't seem to get it to network with anything other than Vista! I run XPPro on my desktop and I have a laptop with Vista on it. They just don't seem to play well together.

My PC runs Vista Ultimate, and as you can see on my SceenShot, I do have a Trash Can. Infact, that's all I have on my desktop. So I call BS on that one.

Secondly, I have my PC Networked to 2 other PC's. Both on XP.
As seen here:

Disregard that both PC's say "Brian", as the other one was once mine, and the current owner (My Brother) Doesn't care enough to change anything.

Don't put down an operating system you simply do not understand.
Take OKD's advice, and Lrn2vista.

Not that I preffer Vista or anything ... But that's beside the fact that this thread is quickly being derailed.

Back to topic please. No more discussing Vista over XP. If you want to discuss it, make a thread about it.

aralith

Sorceror
jumpnjahosofat;682830 said:
The coolest thing that I have seen about vista so far is that you don't have a trashcan icon on your desktop! :D

If you're using XP or Vista:
Right click your desktop => Go to "View" => uncheck "Show Desktop Items".

Nothing has changed.

and

Yes my desktop icons are in 16 or so colors on purpose, I deleted everything in the GUI I could including the ability to display all colors. If I could make it monochrome I would, monochrome as in actually only being able to display 2 colors, not just coloring everything black and white myself. GUIs are a waste of resources and should be removed. I should run Linux, but unfortunately I have too much games and programs that are windows exclusive.