RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another "Post Your Desktop"

jumpnjahosofat

Sorceror
Bleach;682832 said:
My PC runs Vista Ultimate, and as you can see on my SceenShot, I do have a Trash Can. Infact, that's all I have on my desktop. So I call BS on that one.

Secondly, I have my PC Networked to 2 other PC's. Both on XP.

Don't put down an operating system you simply do not understand.
Take OKD's advice, and Lrn2vista.

Not that I preffer Vista or anything ... But that's beside the fact that this thread is quickly being derailed.

Back to topic please. No more discussing Vista over XP. If you want to discuss it, make a thread about it.

First off....if you look at all of the other Vista desktops, you'll see that there are no trash icons. Don't call bs on something that has proof many times over in this same thread.

Secondly, I wasn't trashing Vista. I don't have Vista Ultimate, so I would imagine that their networking capabilities would be a little different. I simply made a remark that I had trouble getting them to network.

Lastly...you are correct about the thread going off topic. I would make another thread, but since you saw fit to try and bash me here, I figured this venue would be fine. Besides, why make another thread about something that I really could care less about?

Jeff

Lord
Bleach;682832 said:
My PC runs Vista Ultimate, and as you can see on my SceenShot, I do have a Trash Can. Infact, that's all I have on my desktop. So I call BS on that one.

Secondly, I have my PC Networked to 2 other PC's. Both on XP.
As seen here:

Don't put down an operating system you simply do not understand.
Take OKD's advice, and Lrn2vista.
I tried Vista, My machine has more then enough horsepower to run it, and it ran it fine, I dont like how it manages memory, I do alot of things with Security/Ownership of files and Vista Garbled that shit up, Theres to much security put int that you have to disable, It runs like shit, Looks like shit, and im pretty sure if it had a smell, it would smell like shit too. I used it at work and home since the day it came out and as of Friday I am no longer using it at either. I had problems with applications installing/running, I hated how some applications like Acrobat Reader 8 had to be installed as Administrator(meaning you had to run the installer as administrator) even though my account was an Administrative account. Vista has about 90% of is bulk as overhead useless bullshit crap that just clobbers and slows down your machine. It looks like OSX(which is fine cause i happen to love OSX), but runs 10x slower then OSX. Its a pile, plain and simple, PILE O'SHIT. I gave it a chance and it failed miserably.

P.S. Explorer crashed 1-2 times a day out of the blue, that was always fun.

Lord Kaza

Sorceror

Killamus

Knight
Jeff;682914 said:
Show off what? its only 2x17" monitors, if i wanted to show off, i coulda used my home PC 2x21" :)

What video card software allows the taskbar to be split on the screens? My taskbar only goes to the end of one screen and stops :[

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
Heh, then you get the notebook users trying to run 1600x1200 on a system that's in a special power management scheme and their video starts skipping...Then they think they gotta reinstall the operating system :rolleyes:

milt

Knight
I'd prefer not to share all of the icons on my desktop, so I'll just post the background I made :-P