RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assult Weapon Ban

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
There are hundreds of other things that could be related to the crime rate... Just because there's a gun ban and the crime rate went up doesn't mean the gun ban is the reason for the high crime rate...

psz

Administrator
Financial situations, education rates, unemployment, etc all have an affect.

Raynew43

Sorceror
Cmonkey123 said:
There are hundreds of other things that could be related to the crime rate... Just because there's a gun ban and the crime rate went up doesn't mean the gun ban is the reason for the high crime rate...

You just can't see the truth despite having it placed in front of you. The info in that news article was taken directly from the FBI and other sources.
With a total gun ban, criminals can do their thing with no worry about their victims being able to defend themselves.

The impression I get, you would stand there waiting for the authorities while your loved ones are being harmed. Me personally, if I find someone in my home that doesn't belong is going to be carried out and they won't be going to a hospital or become a burden on the taxpayers spending time in jail.
Yes...........I am a law-abiding gun owner with a permit to carry concealed.

Vidi

Page
The one thing in this arguement that everyone seems to forget ( and not just on forums but everywhere this arguement takes place ) is that Americans right to bear arms has almost nothing to do with hunting at all.

The right to bear arms was written in order to give citizens the right to protect their homes from not only foriegn invaders but from their own government. At the time, everyone had muskets. Therefore, the average citizen could join a local miltia and stave off an attack from the government if neccessary.

That is no longer the case.

Assault weapons won't do a thing against a tank, or an Apache Helicopter.

Our right to bear arms has been over for years. And now with the Patriot Act we can say goodbye to several of our other rights as well.

As far as the direct correlation to a gun ban and crime, the rate of gun related violent crime more than tripled during the DC gun ban. NPR radio was reporting just last week that DC has now become the poster child against gun restrictions because when you ban the guns, only the law abiding follow such a law. The criminals do not.

Raynew43

Sorceror
Vidi said:
The one thing in this arguement that everyone seems to forget ( and not just on forums but everywhere this arguement takes place ) is that Americans right to bear arms has almost nothing to do with hunting at all.

The right to bear arms was written in order to give citizens the right to protect their homes from not only foriegn invaders but from their own government. At the time, everyone had muskets. Therefore, the average citizen could join a local miltia and stave off an attack from the government if neccessary.
I agree.

Vidi said:
As far as the direct correlation to a gun ban and crime, the rate of gun related violent crime more than tripled during the DC gun ban. NPR radio was reporting just last week that DC has now become the poster child against gun restrictions because when you ban the guns, only the law abiding follow such a law. The criminals do not.
Thank you
Now I'm done on this subject. Let it die.

psz

Administrator
For every example of the gun ban causing higher gun crimes (DC for example), there are examples of gun bans causing reductions in gun crimes (I dunno, the entire country of China, anyone?)

It's not what the law says, it's the culture that the law is in.

For DECADES there was a gun ban in the UK, and for DECADES there wasn't a problem.

There was a rise in the crime rates in some cities, they lifted the gun ban, and crime got worse.... Then it got better.... Then it levelled off.

u just siad that The majority of gun crimes in the U.S. are done with pistols and semi-automatic rifles anyways so what does the ban stop anyway how often do you hear about someone killing alot of people being killed by someone with an assault rifle most of them are from drive byes and they are usally from small guns like pistols and small automatic guns that are easily hidden but the guns everyone is talking about are big 3 1/2 foot rifles. i think the ban should be lifted cuz its pointless to have cuz right now this very second i can go 2 miles and get a AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLE with no problem and its legeal and i like to know that i can go and get it if i chose. i think if all these human rights ppl would shut up and let ppl punish ppl they way they should be there would be less crimes like if u shoot someone u SHOULD BE SHOT if u rape someone your member should be removed. i am sorry but i dont think there should be the chance that someone should be givin the option to be rehabilated if they commit a crime like these. if someone commits a crime like these then the are sick and have no chance to be rehabilated. Sorry a little off topic but the ban the reason these guns are made are for lawful ppl who enjoy going to a shooting range and shoting of a few rounds of furstration i think if they want to go to a controled place and get out there anger on a peice of paper is a little better then someone taking a hidden little gun to work and offing there boss this ban wont stop that assault weapons make up like 3% of all crimes in the U.S. so if they will make a ban for something that small then why dont they make a ban for getting married or living with someone else cuz if u didnt notice domestic violance is one of the largest crimes around. and if they are worried about the number of ppl it kills then why dont they take the money it is going to take to enforce this ban and put it to finding a cure for cancer or making cars safer funding homless shelters but it to good intellagent helpful uses

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Tru Destroyer said:
u just siad that The majority of gun crimes in the U.S. are done with pistols and semi-automatic rifles anyways so what does the ban stop anyway how often do you hear about someone killing alot of people being killed by someone with an assault rifle most of them are from drive byes and they are usally from small guns like pistols and small automatic guns that are easily hidden but the guns everyone is talking about are big 3 1/2 foot rifles. i think the ban should be lifted cuz its pointless to have cuz right now this very second i can go 2 miles and get a AR-15 ASSAULT RIFLE with no problem and its legeal and i like to know that i can go and get it if i chose. i think if all these human rights ppl would shut up and let ppl punish ppl they way they should be there would be less crimes like if u shoot someone u SHOULD BE SHOT if u rape someone your member should be removed. i am sorry but i dont think there should be the chance that someone should be givin the option to be rehabilated if they commit a crime like these. if someone commits a crime like these then the are sick and have no chance to be rehabilated. Sorry a little off topic but the ban the reason these guns are made are for lawful ppl who enjoy going to a shooting range and shoting of a few rounds of furstration i think if they want to go to a controled place and get out there anger on a peice of paper is a little better then someone taking a hidden little gun to work and offing there boss this ban wont stop that assault weapons make up like 3% of all crimes in the U.S. so if they will make a ban for something that small then why dont they make a ban for getting married or living with someone else cuz if u didnt notice domestic violance is one of the largest crimes around. and if they are worried about the number of ppl it kills then why dont they take the money it is going to take to enforce this ban and put it to finding a cure for cancer or making cars safer funding homless shelters but it to good intellagent helpful uses

I wish you would form logical sentances and paragraphs; it would make your writing a 100 times easier to read...

Anyways, why do people need these assault weapons? I see no need for these weapons in the hands of any person, other than those of military and police.

I think they should just work on a better ban instead of getting rid of this one completely and leaving it in the dust.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Tru Destroyer said:

I only read your first paragraph but from what you've said. "u just siad that The majority of gun crimes in the U.S. are done with pistols and semi-automatic rifles anyways so what does the ban stop anyway" then if no one uses the assault weapons then why is it a big deal to ban them? You dont feed your family with a Assault Rifle.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
DontdroptheSOAD said:
You dont feed your family with a Assault Rifle.

I know some rednecks down here who would take an AR - 15 and file the pin down.... then go out hunting deer.

We call them... Deerslayers

I really don't know about the ban, I don't care.

I have an AR - 15

I don't use it to hunt or to go killing/robbing people. I sometimes shoot it in my back yard but the main reason I have it is for defence.

I live on a large hill, and its hard to see the road from my house.

I do know some people who may come by my place and squeeze off a few rounds hoping to kill me, some people are dicks.

I will not stand at my window and fire some tiny hand gun at them, bullshit, thats how you get killed. I'd stand there with my AR-15 and spray their car with bullets. I want no chance that they will be able to spot me and shoot me, and with a hand gun its possible to get shot.

The AR-15 is a damn fine weapon, very accurate and good stopping power.

No, mine is not automatic and the clip only holds 10, so its legal.

Call us paranoid? well it only takes being right 1 time for it to be worth it.

u ppl can insult my typing skills and my grammer all you want....... no there is no main reason for these guns to be around but they are and i do enjoy using mine. have u ever used one before any of u that dont like the ban dropping. Well u should at least once go out and shoot one. And i dont mean go kill someone or something i mean do it in a controled area with a trained pro, cuz i fill like there is a something about shooting a gun like that that helps get rid of alot of stress. Dont get me wrong i understand where everyone is coming from on why they need to make a harder ban. But tell me what good is it going to do?? in almost every city u can go out and buy an illeagle firearm. There are laws in place that say u have to 21 to purches or owen a handgun and there are hundreds of kids all over the country that have them or have easy access to them. Yes there is a problem in this country and alot of other countrys anyone care to geuss what it is?? there are things all through this thread stating what it is or at least giving clues to the big problem.

The Biggest problem around is money. Most of u said it yourselves. Money is the Biggest Reason for crime. Well not just money but possions. If no one has noticed we are all still animals and animals in the pure primal instinct go if u want it and someone else has it kill for it. We may have evolved some but we are still animals!! And it is still a KILL OR BE KILLED world in most places and situations. And there is nothing u can really do to stop that. Sorry

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
KillerBeeZ said:
I know some rednecks down here who would take an AR - 15 and file the pin down.... then go out hunting deer.

We call them... Deerslayers

I really don't know about the ban, I don't care.

I have an AR - 15

I don't use it to hunt or to go killing/robbing people. I sometimes shoot it in my back yard but the main reason I have it is for defence.

I live on a large hill, and its hard to see the road from my house.

I do know some people who may come by my place and squeeze off a few rounds hoping to kill me, some people are dicks.

I will not stand at my window and fire some tiny hand gun at them, bullshit, thats how you get killed. I'd stand there with my AR-15 and spray their car with bullets. I want no chance that they will be able to spot me and shoot me, and with a hand gun its possible to get shot.

The AR-15 is a damn fine weapon, very accurate and good stopping power.

No, mine is not automatic and the clip only holds 10, so its legal.

Call us paranoid? well it only takes being right 1 time for it to be worth it.
Alright now what is worse? Some one breaking into your house or you killing them both and spraying there car full of ammo from your "legal 10 bullet clip non auto" ar - 15.

Also about the "Deerslayers" if you have to pump an animal that eats grass full of lead so you can feed your family you are full of bs. They may eat the meat but wasting all that ammunition on an animal like bambi is not the kind of people that should be allowed to carry guns. or at least assault weapons.

And tru
I have shot an assault weapon and all it did was hurt my shoulder.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Tru Destroyer said:
u ppl can insult my typing skills and my grammer all you want....... no there is no main reason for these guns to be around but they are and i do enjoy using mine. have u ever used one before any of u that dont like the ban dropping. Well u should at least once go out and shoot one. And i dont mean go kill someone or something i mean do it in a controled area with a trained pro, cuz i fill like there is a something about shooting a gun like that that helps get rid of alot of stress. Dont get me wrong i understand where everyone is coming from on why they need to make a harder ban. But tell me what good is it going to do?? in almost every city u can go out and buy an illeagle firearm. There are laws in place that say u have to 21 to purches or owen a handgun and there are hundreds of kids all over the country that have them or have easy access to them. Yes there is a problem in this country and alot of other countrys anyone care to geuss what it is?? there are things all through this thread stating what it is or at least giving clues to the big problem.

The Biggest problem around is money. Most of u said it yourselves. Money is the Biggest Reason for crime. Well not just money but possions. If no one has noticed we are all still animals and animals in the pure primal instinct go if u want it and someone else has it kill for it. We may have evolved some but we are still animals!! And it is still a KILL OR BE KILLED world in most places and situations. And there is nothing u can really do to stop that. Sorry

Why can't you just write like a normal person...?

But anyways, with an assault weapon ban, it would make it harder for the average joe or kid or whoever to get a gun. Obviously you can get things illegally, but it's more difficult than going down the street to the gun store and buying one there.

Like I said before, there's no reason for anyone to have an assault rifle for protecting your family... that's why there's alarm systems, handguns, and the police...

Plus, why do you feel the need to discharge a firearm to relieve stress? Can't you just go to a movie, play video games, or just spend time with the family?

I know that we all have a killer instinct but it can be suppressed. By going to the firing range and firing your rifle you're just giving in to that primal instinct.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
DontdroptheSOAD said:
Alright now what is worse? Some one breaking into your house or you killing them both and spraying there car full of ammo from your "legal 10 bullet clip non auto" ar - 15.

I don't give a shit, if someone shoots at me, I'm going to kill them. End of conversation.

DontdroptheSOAD said:
Also about the "Deerslayers" if you have to pump an animal that eats grass full of lead so you can feed your family you are full of bs. They may eat the meat but wasting all that ammunition on an animal like bambi is not the kind of people that should be allowed to carry guns. or at least assault weapons.

it was a fucking joke, get a damn life.

DontdroptheSOAD said:
And tru
I have shot an assault weapon and all it did was hurt my shoulder.

either your a damn pussy or you are a liar.

Assault rifles are no more powerful than any other guns.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD

O sorry didnt realize you were a gun toting redneck sorry my mistake.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
DontdroptheSOAD said:

O sorry didnt realize you were a gun toting redneck sorry my mistake.

I'm no redneck, and damn you for attempting to judge me. You just showed me exactly what type of person you are, thank you. You have been ignored.

A

aeugis

I believe they should ban the assult weapons because either way, people are still gonna have them. They just wont be able to use them!

a_dead_lois

Wanderer
I dont know who it was that was using AK-47 as an example of weapons that are baned but they are completely legal. Only in semi auto though. At least in the state of Florida you can own any weapon you want. Just fill out the correct paper work and pay the fees and its yours.

HotBird

Wanderer
The 'Ban' is quite pointless. It is rather a pit to drop $$$ into. If anyone in any state wanted a assault weapon that is on the ban list they could get 1. The 'Ban' hasn't nor ever will stop that. So now what we have is criminals with assault weapons on our streets and private citizens unable to buy weapons. (ok your able to by weapons but at what expence? Here its easier to buy a house than a single shot 410 shotgun)

Lets not forget collectors. Quite a few people simply collect weapons. So now they cannot? I would love to have a colt AR-15 (M16 when modified) just because. Do I need it - no. But that logic seemscommunistic to me - we can only have what we need?!?

The solution is in the laws - not new ones however what is needed is tougher penalities for abusers. Look at Arizona - You can carry a weapon on you as long as it is visible.

As for personal safety - if a criminal knows that you may have a weapon then they are going to be more reserved on initiating anything towards you.