RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attempting to set up MyRUNUO

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i have my aspx page set to display.....so i don't believe that is the problem

i have my hom directory set to

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot

and the Ultima.dll is in

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin

and i have a virtual directory set to...

D:\UO\myserver\RunUO-1.0-RC0\myrunuo

which is where the asp and aspx files are

one thing i get that i dunno if it should matter, is when i try to run the server with it enabled...

Code:
MyRunUO: Updating character database
MyRunUO: Database statements compiled in 0.78 seconds
MyRunUO: Unable to connect to the database
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] D
ata source name not found and no default driver specified
   at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()
   at Server.Engines.MyRunUO.DatabaseCommandQueue.Thread_Start()
MyRunUO: Updating status database
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] D

so.....i guess ill check back :confused:

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Thanks Zulu, I updated it. :D

Zulu said:
Getting .aspx pages to work!

??QUESTION?? Which one did you install first? IIS or .NET framework?

You can check by doing the following steps:

1)- Open up the Internet Information Services
2)- Go to Default Web Site, right click then select Properties.
3)- Select Home Directory Tab then click on Configuration button. This will open another screen with a list of Application Mappings. If you don't see .aspx on the list then your IIS was not configured to display .NET aspx file type; this happens because IIS was installed after the installation of the framework. If you install IIS before the .NET framework then you will not have this problem.

You can fix this by:

1)- Reinstall .NET framework
2)- Execute this file C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_regiis.exe -i (Do not forget the -i)

*********OR************

3) C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i (Do not forget the -i)

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Your asp pages and the bin directory should be in the same physical folder. Your mapping a virtual path to the physical folder which is just a logical representation of where the files are to IIS not where they are physically located on the server.

If the physical location of the files are located here : D:\UO\myserver\RunUO-1.0-RC0\myrunuo, then the bin folder should be located inside the myrunuo folder there.
then the virtual mapping should be to that folder, but you are giving it an alias.. Lets say "myrunuo" for example..
I hope this is making sense.. ;)

One other thing you may want to verify, in your config.cs file, did you set the the script from false to true..
I believe you need to look for this in the script:
public static bool UseTransactions = false; <--- Change this to true :rolleyes:

Also for your database problem,
It looks like you did not install the ODBC mysql driver.

You can download it here... :D
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-myodbc-3.51.html

Devil

Pyro-Tech said:
i have my aspx page set to display.....so i don't believe that is the problem

i have my hom directory set to

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot

and the Ultima.dll is in

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin

and i have a virtual directory set to...

D:\UO\myserver\RunUO-1.0-RC0\myrunuo

which is where the asp and aspx files are

one thing i get that i dunno if it should matter, is when i try to run the server with it enabled...

Code:

so.....i guess ill check back :confused:

Pyro-Tech

Knight
allright i was missing the odbc thing....oops.....and RunUO ran fine and connected to it

but i still can't browse to my status.asp

my home directory is now set to
D:\UO\myserver\RunUO-1.0-RC0\myrunuo\
where the .asp and .aspx files are

and my virtual directory from what i understand should be set to where the Ultima.dll is....so now it is set to
D:\UO\myserver\RunUO-1.0-RC0\myrunuo\bin

but i still get the page cannot be found OR the you are not authorized to view this

and i tried changing my password in IIS to my password for the mysql database...didn't know if thay would work....and it didn't

right now i got runuo updating.....but i can't see the stuff

LtLDevil

Wanderer
Don't change any of the settings for IIS, other then allowing ananomous access.
thats all you have to do there.
let me run through this for you for creating virtual directory
here is a screen shoot of my iis

As you can see, i have a virtual directory named myrunuo, and i have all of zulus web content inside it, including the bin..

if i look at the url, it will look like, http://localhost/myrunuo/status.asp.

all of your webpages are in the myrunuo folder.

does that help?

Pyro-Tech said:
allright i was missing the odbc thing....oops.....and RunUO ran fine and connected to it

but i still can't browse to my status.asp

my home directory is now set to
D:\UO\myserver\RunUO-1.0-RC0\myrunuo\
where the .asp and .aspx files are

and my virtual directory from what i understand should be set to where the Ultima.dll is....so now it is set to
D:\UO\myserver\RunUO-1.0-RC0\myrunuo\bin

but i still get the page cannot be found OR the you are not authorized to view this

and i tried changing my password in IIS to my password for the mysql database...didn't know if thay would work....and it didn't

right now i got runuo updating.....but i can't see the stuff

Pyro-Tech

Knight
ok....so what does my default web site need to be?

i currently have it set up exactly like your thing is....it is in myrunuo and zulu's things are there too

just nothing will display...same stuff

LtLDevil

Wanderer
The second myrunuo directory, inside of my virtual directory, is the backup of the .cs files...

All the web content goes in the outside directory... :eek:

Pyro-Tech said:
ok....so what does my default web site need to be?

i currently have it set up exactly like your thing is....it is in myrunuo and zulu's things are there too

just nothing will display...same stuff

Thrain

Wanderer
Ok i dont really have a big problem, i just need some basic info :)

is there a way to change the db port (i know how to set mysql to use different port) but i cant get myrunuo to connect to it when i do i have tried using for eks. localhost:33333 wich would be the normal way of doing it but nogo.

Any help would be apreciated thanks.

[edit] found that i had a slite problem with asp everything is installed correctly must be some user setting that i just cant find.

heres what it says when i open status.asp
Code:
This type of page is not served. 
Description: The type of page you have requested is not served because it has been explicitly forbidden. The extension '.asp' may be incorrect. Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested Url: /myrunuo/status.asp
[/edit]

Pyro-Tech

Knight
well after messing with it a while, i find that most of it works....all the default web sites and junk work just fine, but it won't show any of the MyRunUO sites...it gives me the forbiden error

this is one of the most agravating things i have done with UO

:confused:

LtLDevil

Wanderer
I worked with this project of the course of 2 months, tweaking a little here and a little there..
Don't let it frustrate you, you'll eventually figure it out.. Just take you time, and go over everything with a fine tooth comb, rechecking each step over again.

I bet you'll find you forgot to set permissions for aspnet on your uo folder, or perhaps on another forlder..
make sure the local user aspnet, has full control over the uo folder and over your myrunuo folder..

Pyro-Tech said:
well after messing with it a while, i find that most of it works....all the default web sites and junk work just fine, but it won't show any of the MyRunUO sites...it gives me the forbiden error

this is one of the most agravating things i have done with UO

:confused:

Pyro-Tech

Knight
-Go to your Ultima Online directory. Right click and select properties.
-Click on security.
-Add user asp.net, give them full control.
-Click on OK.

this is what you have in your help....im guessing it is cause i am using xp but i don't have the same options

i have the sharing and security....thats the closest i have

and all that does is allow me to share over network or with other users on the same computer

and i gave the asp.net user account admin privileges....so it should have access to everything

what do i need to delete/uninstall to start this form the very beginning?? mabey that would be the best answer

Thrain

Wanderer
i think the problem is that you are using simple sharing and security. i dont remember how to disable it, but im preety sure thats your problem.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
but i have a home network that i still have to use....i can't just disable that and still be able to use my network normally can i?

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Thank you Zulu....what was the difference in the files that you just uploaded on that new zip??? my pages load now at least

thanks to all for the help....ill post if i run into any more problems

Zulu

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
Thank you Zulu....what was the difference in the files that you just uploaded on that new zip??? my pages load now at least

thanks to all for the help....ill post if i run into any more problems

There are not a lot of extra features, most just converted the RC0 files. Add MS sql server connection string, tables and MS sql commands.

Zulu

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
if im behind a rounter/firewall.....what port do i need to open to let them see this??

You DO NOT have to open a firewall port for mysql or ms sql server. This is only if your sql is on another computer over the internet. Then you need to open a port to access the sql. If it is on the same server, then don't open firewall ports.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
so is it just

http://(my public ip)/myrunuo/status.asp

and thats it?

EDIT: i tried that....and it is asking for a password...why?

EDIT 2: also when i ran the server, i got this error

Code:
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access de
nied for user: 'username@localhost' (Using password: YES)
ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user: 'username@localho
st' (Using password: YES)
Client: 192.168.1.105: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 192.168.1.105: Valid credentials for 'bethwheeler'
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access de
nied for user: 'username@localhost' (Using password: YES)
ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user: 'username@localho
st' (Using password: YES)

but before i finally got it working on the website side.....it was updating just fine

Zulu

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
so is it just

Code:
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user: 'username@localhost' (Using password: YES)
ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user: 'username@localhost' (Using password: YES)[/QUOTE]

First of all, you should read the instructions, this is covered in the password section.

You need to edit the following files
 \RunUO\Scripts\Engines\MyRunUO\config.cs
 \Inetpub\wwwroot\myrunuo\config.asp
 \Inetpub\wwwroot\myrunuo\paperdoll.aspx

Put in the correct username and password.