RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction System Updates

X

Xanthos

Auction System Updates

I have picked up support for this wonderful system since Arya is no longer maintaning it.

Summary:
The name says it all, this creates a full auction system on your shard. Players can create auctions and bid on items. The code supports both AOS and non-AOS shards. On non-AOS shards it will provide automatic descriptions for a number of items.

Description:
A detailed description of the system and of the mechanics is provided in the Readme.html file so I won't write it all again here. I'll just provide a short list of the main features:
  • The system will automatically extract the properties for the auctioned items.
  • Auction multiple items by placing them inside a container (the container will be ignored in the description)
  • Search engine for auctions: search for text and for types (Example: search for power scrolls which include the text 'alchemy' in their name)
  • Sorting autions according to different parameters (most bids, time left...)
  • Solid payment managment: when a bid is placed the money is taken from the bidder's bank right away. Once a higher bid is made, the previous bidder is returned the money.
  • Notifications: when you're outbid you'll receive a small notice with a quick link to the auction in case you wish to place a further bid.
  • Reserve: when creating an auction you specify a reserve. This is a safety value: if the highest bid is over the reserve, the item is sold. If it's below, the owner is given the option whether to sell or not through the notifications system (this has a timeout defined on the control stone)
  • If an auctioned item is deleted due to server reasons (serialization errors, item wipes...) the buyer will be given the chance to decide whether to purchase or not once the auction is over.
Updates

Version 1.16
  • Removed all references to Daat99Tokens and replaced with runtime binding so those without Daat's can compile.
Version 1.15
  • Moved enable/disable of Daat99 Tokens out of the SavingsAccount source into the xml config file.
  • Changed the SavingsAccount initial value, in the config file, of the interest paid to 4% rather than 40%.
  • Fixed the SavingsAccount name and properties displayed on mouse over.
  • Added a command: ScaleSavings, scales the balance of all savings accounts by a percentage. Options -g and -t let staff scale only gold or tokens. The amount to be scaled is specified as an integer value.
Version 1.14
  • Aligned the code with changes in the IShrinkItem interface.
  • Now using the fully qualified name of Xanthos.Utilities.Misc.IsArtifact() to avoid an error one person was seeing.
Version 1.13
Auction View Gump Cleanup
  • Fixed a graphics glitch that caused some ugly broken borders.
  • Streamlined the UI to look cleaner and better handle containers.
  • Implemented a simple hue item to allow viewing of the item's hue if it has one.
Version 1.12
  • Fixed a null reference introduced in fixing the gold and item leak to the null map. The code has been simplified and the evil allocate-on-read property has been removed.
  • Added a command, InstallSavings, that places a savings account in each player's bank, if there is not one there already.
  • Fixed a crasher on dclicking a savings account outside of a bank box.
  • SavingsAccounts outside of a bank box, when dclicked, place a SavingsAccount in the users bank box.
Version 1.11
  • Banker now places commas in gold amounts when he/she speaks.
  • Moved StaffCloak into the Arya namespace.
  • Savings account now displays balance on mouse over.
  • Fixed a compile error for those who do not use Daat99 Tokens.
  • Reworded a couple of gump strings.
  • Fixed a gold leak to the internal map occuring when a gold auction check was d-clicked and subsequently not redeemed.
  • Auction gumps now display commas in gold amounts.
  • ConfigParser no longer halts shard start-up when a bad value is found in the xml file. Instead it displays the error on the console, leaving the default value untouched.
  • Added a ConfigParser option to halt the shard on bad values in the xml config file.
Version 1.10
  • Re-fixed the dead pet exploit in a way that does not demand one have Xanthos shrink system. Any shrink system that implements the IShrinkItem interface will do. Xanthos shrink system implements the IShrinkItem interface. Supporting the IShrinkItem interface in other shrink systems is left as an exercise for the reader.
Version 1.9
  • Fixed an exploit: will no longer accept invalid shrunken pets in auctions (provided Xanthos shrink system is used).
  • Pets bonded to the seller are unbonded when retrieved from the system by the auction winner.
  • Added Staff Cloak to allow staff to quickly change to player access level to bid on auctions. Original author unknown.
  • A Savings Account gold box is provided to be placed in users' bank boxes. Gold and Daat99Tokens can be recorded in the account - reducing item count.
  • Bid funds will be taken from a player's Savings Account if there are insufficient funds in the player's bank box.
  • Two modified standard distribution files are provided: Banker.cs and BankCheck.cs. With these modified files, commas can be used in creating checks and making withdrawls, and checks will display commas.
  • A number of parameters are available for configuration in the file AuctionConfig.xml (place this in your RunUO\Data directory). This allows configuration parameters to be modified without code changes.
  • The package now unzips into a Xanthos directory - keeping the package files within the Xanthos directory in your customs directory is recommended.

Attachments

• Utilities 1.2.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 49,838
  • Auction 1.16.zip
    86 KB · Views: 697

Seven

Sorceror
cool , glad Someone is taken over ~ i had to post this with my psp because my friend wont let me browse on his pc & my mac batt is dead... :(

Roseanne

Wanderer
Error Received

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Custom Scripts\System Type Scripts\Auction System v1.9\Auction
\AuctionItem.cs: CS0117: (line 211, column 46) 'Xanthos.Evo.ShrinkItem' does not
 contain a definition for 'IsValidShrukenPet'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Greystar

Wanderer
Roseanne said:
Code:
\AuctionItem.cs: CS0117: (line 211, column 46) 'Xanthos.Evo.ShrinkItem' does not

how i'd interpret that is you are using an older verion of Xanthos' evo package. Maybe update that package to remove this error.

PS: I was basing what I said on the following quote
Xanthos said:
Version 1.9
  • Fixed an exploit: will no longer accept invalid shrunken pets in auctions (provided Xanthos shrink system is used).

mkiplm

Sorceror
i am geting errors to

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\custom scripts\Auction 1[1].9 Part 1\Xanthos\Auction\AuctionIt
em.cs: CS0246: (line 12, column 7) The type or namespace name 'Ultima'could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
em.cs: CS0246: (line 223, column 18) The type or namespace name 'StringList' cou
ld not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Joeku

Lord
K, just saw this post and I have to say that I am delighted. Great job on the update, Xanthos. A suggestion:
Add optional support for the FSATS (Fallen Souls Animal Taming System) Shrink Items. That is a very popular system.

***EDIT***
1. What the fuck is up with the AuctionItem.cs file?!
2. Error:
- Error: Scripts\New Scripts\Systems\Xanthos\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0234: (line 211, column 28) The type or namespace name 'Evo' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Xanthos' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
3. Code:
Code:
	|| (m_Item is Xanthos.Evo.ShrinkItem && ( m_Item as Xanthos.Evo.ShrinkItem ).IsValidShrukenPet()))

No, I don't have any other systems by Xanthos installed. I don't have any evo's, and I have the FS Shrink System.

X

Xanthos

Woops. Ok i have to use another method to look up my classes. I will fix this.

I dont control the FSTATS taming system so I cannot add support to that shrink system.

X

Xanthos

mkiplm said:
i am geting errors to

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
em.cs: CS0246: (line 12, column 7) The type or namespace name 'Ultima'could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
em.cs: CS0246: (line 223, column 18) The type or namespace name 'StringList' cou
ld not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Look over the instructions again and make sure you follow the instructions pertaining to the Ultima.dll.

X

Xanthos

Roseanne said:
Code:

Yes, sorry Rosanne - I have a fix for this and will update shortly.

viper1975

Sorceror
sugestion

this would be cool if the auction system did this. but maybe a little hard to code not sure. maybe u could add in option for house that are decaying to be automaticly put in auction for a set amount above the value of it.
just a sugestion i might try makeing a seperate script to do this but i'm just starting out and have little time to code right now.

let me know what you think about it.

Joeku

Lord
Xanthos said:
I dont control the FSTATS taming system so I cannot add support to that shrink system.
Could you at least change the AuctionItem.cs file so that it's legible, so that other users can modify it for their own shards? Is that the file that I would need to use to modify it for the FSATS, or are there others?

brainless

Wanderer
EDIT: Nevermind, apparently it's the FSAT. Would it be possible to add support for that shrink system as it is so widely used?

I followed the installation instructions and received this error. I tried to take a look at the script it's referring, but I couldn't follow it at all.

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 47 warnings)
 - Warning: Scripts\Custom\Misc\Stripper.cs: CS0105: (line 11, column 7) The usi
ng directive for 'Server.Misc' appeared previously in this namespace
 - Warning: Scripts\Items\Shields\BaseShield.cs: CS0108: (line 17, column 17) Th
e keyword new is required on 'Server.Items.BaseShield.AugmentList' because it hi
des inherited member 'Server.Items.BaseArmor.AugmentList'
 - Warning: Scripts\Items\Shields\BaseShield.cs: CS0114: (line 23, column 25) 'S
erver.Items.BaseShield.SocketLabel' hides inherited member 'Server.Items.BaseArm
or.SocketLabel'. To make the current member override that implementation, add th
e override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
 - Warning: Scripts\Items\Shields\BaseShield.cs: CS0108: (line 26, column 14) Th
e keyword new is required on 'Server.Items.BaseShield.UsedSockets' because it hi
des inherited member 'Server.Items.BaseArmor.UsedSockets'
 - Warning: Scripts\Items\Shields\BaseShield.cs: CS0108: (line 33, column 14) Th
e keyword new is required on 'Server.Items.BaseShield.MaxSockets' because it hid
es inherited member 'Server.Items.BaseArmor.MaxSockets'
 - Warning: Scripts\Custom\Creatures\SamuraiEmpire\YomotsuElder.cs: CS0162: (lin
e 15, column 19) Unreachable code detected
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\Xanthos-AuctionSystem\Auction\AuctionItem.cs: CS0234: (
line 211, column 28) The type or namespace name 'Evo' does not exist in the clas
s or namespace 'Xanthos' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 - Warning: Scripts\Engines\BulkOrders\Rewards.cs: CS0162: (line 238, column 73)
 Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Engines\BulkOrders\Rewards.cs: CS0162: (line 239, column 69)
 Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\-=+ Full Spellbook +=-\Full Spellbook\To
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 381, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 388, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 395, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 402, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 409, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 416, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 423, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 430, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 437, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 444, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 451, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 458, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 465, column 5) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 776, col
umn 57) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 782, col
umn 54) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 819, col
umn 55) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 825, col
umn 59) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 862, col
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 868, col
umn 60) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 906, col
umn 61) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 912, col
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 946, col
umn 56) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 952, col
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 986, col
umn 56) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 992, col
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1026, co
lumn 57) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1032, co
lumn 55) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1066, co
lumn 61) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1100, co
lumn 59) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1106, co
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1112, co
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\ClassSystemOptionGump.cs: CS01
62: (line 62, column 4) Unreachable code detected
62: (line 75, column 4) Unreachable code detected
62: (line 82, column 4) Unreachable code detected
62: (line 86, column 4) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\GiveBooksOptionGump.cs: CS0162
: (line 60, column 4) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\GiveBooksOptionGump.cs: CS0162
: (line 72, column 4) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\SkinHueOptionGump.cs: CS0162:
(line 60, column 4) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\SkinHueOptionGump.cs: CS0162:
(line 72, column 4) Unreachable code detected

X

Xanthos

I have updated the Auction system to remove the compile time dependency on Xanthos.Evo.ShrinkItem. The dependency is now on the IShrinkItem interface which is included in this package.

I won't be offereing any support for the FSTAT shrink system as it is quite poorly written. Anyone wishing to make that system compatible with the Auction system can implement the IShrinkItem interface there quite easily. The other option is to use my shrink system in place of the FSTAT one.

Joeku

Lord
Xanthos said:
I have updated the Auction system to remove the compile time dependency on Xanthos.Evo.ShrinkItem. The dependency is now on the IShrinkItem interface which is included in this package.

I won't be offereing any support for the FSTAT shrink system as it is quite poorly written. Anyone wishing to make that system compatible with the Auction system can implement the IShrinkItem interface there quite easily. The other option is to use my shrink system in place of the FSTAT one.
Well, once I took a look at your shrink system and realized that it had all (and more) of the features that the FS Shrink System has, I made a quick decision to convert... lol.
I only ran into three problems (all FSATS system files):
1. PetShrinkPotion.cs has to be re-written.
2. A few item names have to be changed in DefTamingCraft.cs and SBAnimalTrainer.cs (Hitching Post names) and the path "using Xanthos.Evo" has to be added to a few files.
3. The shrinking works fine, but it doesn't display the levels (which can be easily fixed.)

Anyways... Xanthos, you did a GREAT job on this! I am VERY happy!

dominus

Wanderer
There are a bug when you send the money to the bank from the delivery gump, it make a copy of the gold(same amount as the Auction Gold check) in the internal.