RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction System

Arya

Wanderer
Posted an update that will fix the crash on world save by moving the timer to a RunUO timer rather than a .NET threaded timer. Also addresses the issue that broke the messaging gump for the owner when the reserve was not met.

ditmar

Wanderer
Thnx Arya!

Been running for 4 days without the save crash now so all seems to be running perfectly fine!

Could you perhaps have a look at the Chess system, I experienced 2 crashes on thats system also.

Thnx in advance!

Can anyone enlighten me?

I've received an error saying:-
"The auction system cannot access the cliloc.enu file. Please review the system instructions for proper installation."

I've tested as an admin and as a player, works fine but has this error on my runuo.

Thanks!

Dark Rage

Wanderer
Well, I find it wierd.....

I've done a search within this thread to find my answers, and the answers for my problems found in that search are all the same.... "As I said before, you must place Ultima.dll in the......etc, etc..." *and* "Did you change Assemblies.cfg to reference Ultima.dll"?

I did both of those on the initial install when I got my errors, and triple checked and still get the same two errors.

Ultima cannot be found and Stringlist cannot be found....

So, I dunno...

Arya

Wanderer
member.php?u=57275Temasekonline, If you receive the cliloc.enu file in the console, it means that the system will not decode correctly the item properties. You must specify manually the path to the cliloc.enu file.

Dark Rage, there are only two things you need to setup: make sure Ultima.dll is in the same folder as RunUO.exe and that "Ultima.dll" is specificed in your Assemblies.cfg. If you do that, it will compile. If it still doesn't work, it means that you did something wrong, so double check.

Met666

Wanderer
There is a serious bug in Auction System. It allows to dupe any item that is contained in auction check, or any amount of gold. The bug is still works in version 1.7.8. I decided not to post it here because it could cause harm to shards that using auction system, so Arya, please check your private messages.

Arya

Wanderer
Met666 said:
There is a serious bug in Auction System. It allows to dupe any item that is contained in auction check, or any amount of gold. The bug is still works in version 1.7.8. I decided not to post it here because it could cause harm to shards that using auction system, so Arya, please check your private messages.
Yes, thank you. I couldn't confirm the bug myself as I couldn't replicate it, but since I think it's theoretically possible I released an update that fixes it on gold checks. (Only change in 1.7.9 is Auction\Items\AuctionGoldCheck.cs).

As I told Met666 in a PM, it's impossible to dupe the auctioned items because they are never actually generated by the system, just moved back and forth from the internal map, so even if you manage to open more than one item check, you will only keep on bouncing the same item in your backpack.

Met666

Wanderer
Thank you for fixing it so fast. And that was my mistake regarding duping items, only gold could be duped.

S

shaDoze

Hi Arya,

Reporting a crash, unrelated to the previous update but happened with v1.7.9:

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionItem.GiveItemTo(Mobile m, Item item)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionItem.DoBuyNow(Mobile m)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionViewGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Hmm, and another happened before your latest update, with v1.7.8:

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionControl.GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
   at Server.Item.get_PropertyList()
   at Server.Item.SendInfoTo(NetState state)
   at Server.Mobile.SendEverything()
   at Server.Mobile.set_Map(Map value)
   at Server.Mobile.set_NetState(NetState value)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.PlayCharacter(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

If you need any further information, let me know.

Icebat

Wanderer
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Se inició una excepción en el desti
no de la invocación. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no
establecida como instancia de un objeto.
at Server.Region.AddRegion(Region region)
at Server.Regions.IlshenarCity.Initialize()
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlag
s invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean i
sBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlag
s invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean v
erifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invoke
Attr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Posted in script support...thought may be better to do here....

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
     Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
     Scripts: Verifying...done (1969 items, 568 mobiles)
     World: Loading...Loading Jailings
     0 Jailings Loaded:0
     done (353185 items, 11434 mobiles) (12.3 seconds)
     06/01-03:15 An error occurred when initializing the Auction System. The system h
     as been temporarily disabled.
     06/01-03:15 Error details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not s
     et to an instance of an object.
        at Arya.Auction.AuctionItem.GiveItemTo(Mobile m, Item item)
        at Arya.Auction.AuctionItem.End(Mobile m)
        at Arya.Auction.AuctionSystem.VerifyAuctions()
        at Arya.Auction.AuctionSystem.Initialize()
     06/01-03:15 Pandora is listening on port 8035 - BoxServer version 0.3
     06/01-03:15 Regions: Loading...done
     06/01-03:15 Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
     06/01-03:15 Address: 192.168.1.100:2593
     06/01-03:15 Warning: 2 bad spawns detected, logged: 'badspawn.log'
     06/01-03:15 Cleanup: Detected 1 inaccessible items, removing..
     06/01-03:15 Season: Winter

i had an odd crash occur, now each time i load the server, i get this.....i think it has something to do with the auction stone.....here is my crash log from when the server crashed after getting error

Code:
Server Crash Report
     ===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
     .NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
     Time: 1/6/2005 3:10:35 AM
     Mobiles: 11417
     Items: 353286
     Clients:
     - Count: 1
     + 127.0.0.1: (account = mgurley) (mobile = 0x9D82 'Pyro-Tech')

Exception:
        at Arya.Auction.AuctionControl.GetProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
        at Server.Item.get_PropertyList()
        at Server.Item.SendInfoTo(NetState state)
        at Server.Mobile.SetLocation(Point3D newLocation, Boolean isTeleport)
        at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.SetLocation(Point3D loc, Boolean isTeleport)
        at Server.Mobile.set_Location(Point3D value)
        at Server.Scripts.Commands.CommandHandlers.Go_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
        at Server.Commands.Handle(Mobile from, String text)
        at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
        at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

thanks for any help you can provide......

it seems that any time some staff walks to where i would have the stone placed, it would crash....but it seems anyone else can log on fine as long as they can't see the stone....this is from my testing so far......i dunno what happened or how to fix.....this is i thnk version 1.7.......and i wasn't sure if just dropping in a newer version would fix it....thanks for any help someone can provide

EDIT: here is the link to the thread i had in script support http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49083

KillerBeeZ

Knight
this is a wonderful system, I can think of none better...

just one suggestion, maybe allow the option of charging a % of the reserve to the seller? 10% is a good default with a minimum of 5 gold or whatever

ditmar

Wanderer
I have a request also, what about setting 10 minutes to the timer if a bid has been done within 5 minutes before the end. This would allow a real up-bid to occur which we see in real auctions.