RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto Live Screenshots

IamProdigy

Traveler
Is it possible to script something or change the core in some way to allow it to capture live images of the server in random areas?

m309

Squire
Your best bet is to post something in Help Wanted looking for someone to code it for you, or help code it for you. This is Script Support, for scripts you have actually attempted to create/write and need help or guidance with.

Vorspire

Knight
In order to do this, you would have to practically build an embedded Ultima Online client into your shard.
You will have to write an isometric grid algorithm to simulate the UO client's display as seen when logged in with the real thing.
This client would have to be able to locate, find and generate images based on everything it can 'see' on this isometric grid.
When the grid is populated/generated, you would then have to draw your screenshot image from application memory to a recognisable image file format.

In short, it would be much easier to just log-in an actual UO client and find a 3rd party tool that takes screenshots of the game window at specified intervals/times, but simulating the display window of the game client in RunUO is a task where the rewards are far outweighed by the work put in. You'd have to find a bigger reason than just taking 'screenshots of random places in game' to gain interest in such a project.

I've tried to do this all myself in the past when I released a (now abandoned) project that delivered live web content from RunUO - the intention was to generate an isometric view of any point in the game that the browser requested - but the overhead was insane and it didn't work out.

IamProdigy

Traveler
TY for your input Vorspire. I wish I knew half of what you do. Could always use your input on scripting for runuo 2.5. I wished this could be possible but if you say it cant be done, that's the end of my road. I would pay you for assistance in additions to my own server if you ever have time.
By the way, do you have a compiled version of next core for 2.5, win64?