RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BaseQuest System

dean968

Wanderer
dominus said:
you may use a customplayermobile and never write orginal playermobile.

if you use a customplayermobile yo may change all Playermobile from quest archivies to Customplayermobile

ok so go in the script of the quest and where it says playermoblie put custom in front of it? and take my old playermoblie script and put custom in front of them too?

jungleboy

Wanderer
Does this still work with rc 1.0

Im not sure if this is a stupid question but will these quests still work with rc 1.0 if so should I follow the instructions as is or has anything changed since the new release?

how will the new versions of things like orangepetals affect this?

tdeaton

Wanderer
jungleboy said:
Im not sure if this is a stupid question but will these quests still work with rc 1.0 if so should I follow the instructions as is or has anything changed since the new release?

I have noticed most of the Items are already in the new version.

jungleboy

Wanderer
At closer inspection

Well better correct myself before i get a grilling (lol) dont think there is a new version of orange petals but there is a duplicate file named vines.cs which should i use the distro one or the one contained in this?

Gembone

Wanderer
you will need to remove the orangepetals from the Plantresorces.cs
other files such as vise and fertiledirt you can just replace

tdeaton

Wanderer
May I get a PlayerMoble.cs

I am a non-scripting gooruu. If someone could send me a copy of there PlayerMoblie.cs, with the base quest system in already I would be verythankful. I am tring to compare mine and another with it already eplimented using WinMerge.
I am using the RunUO 1.0 system. I see all the quest except the naturelist one. and the one where you biuld the black statue. where you have to fish up sea shells and take pictures of creatures.
Thanks
Todd

Torm

Wanderer
A simple answer

no way will the basequest sytem work with rel 1.0. there is a built in base quest system and playermoble to use that basequest. this whole script will need rescripting as far as I can see.

jungleboy said:

tdeaton

Wanderer
Torm said:
no way will the basequest sytem work with rel 1.0. there is a built in base quest system and playermoble to use that basequest. this whole script will need rescripting as far as I can see.

So in lamers terms...I can not have the Fire seeds?

Scarcella

Wanderer
I downloaded this script and got it to compile but I still have one problem:

The red solen matriarch won't talk. I have her spawned in trammel in the center of the solen hives. I have only been able to get her to talk one time in green acres when I was testing the script. Now even there she won't. :(

Any suggestions to help me would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks.
-Scar

Scarcella

Wanderer
LordHogFred said:
She won't talk to you unless you give her a seed

I found the ambitious queen. She will let you talk to her right away. Are you saying they are two diffrent ant queen quests? And what kind of seed?

Torm said:
Any chance of this happening or should I take a stab at it myself? I'm having players requesting the solen quests.

Tru

Knight
Torm said:
I dont wanna start any arguements...but I whole heartedly disagree
I have this workin in 1.0 I never put it in the PlayerMobile...always used a Subclassed PM
works fine....

Tru said:
I dont wanna start any arguements...but I whole heartedly disagree
I have this workin in 1.0 I never put it in the PlayerMobile...always used a Subclassed PM
works fine....
I tried to toss them in but it was throwing so many errors I gave up. Would you care to give me a hand? I tried to figure out where the distro basequest script could be used instead of this one and I couldn't tell where the comparable scripting was or even if it was applicable.

Tru

Knight
Lyephsa_Bytche said:
I tried to toss them in but it was throwing so many errors I gave up. Would you care to give me a hand? I tried to figure out where the distro basequest script could be used instead of this one and I couldn't tell where the comparable scripting was or even if it was applicable.
Hmmm ok heres the problem with that....
I dont know what will happen if you add the code to your PlayerMobile.cs (for this Base Quest ststem) as there is a Base (?) Quest System in the distro. Although I did edit a PlayerMobile.cs for someone who had already been running it.
You can try that method but theres no guarentees
Using a subclassed PlayerMobile (ie the dovPlayerMobile) isn't really an option either as you'd have to figure out how to convert your existing players to use the dovPlayerMobile (now this has been done but I've never attempted nor want to attempt this procedure).
Attempt it post your errors in script support .

Tru said:
Using a subclassed PlayerMobile (ie the dovPlayerMobile)
Your going to have to speak in layman's terms, ie. I have no idea what you mean by using a subclassed playermobile. If you explain that in terms of whether you mean a completely separate custom playermobile or you mean editing the existing playermobile and what those edits are I may have an better understanding. I already ran into a problem converting to 1.0 with Fury's messaging system so I really am not keen on editing the playermobile.

It's probably all moot, however, I got the basequest to load up and coexist with the distro quest system but it didn't like the part about the seeds and I really didn't want to go and gut the distro seed script. So I changed it to just a "seed" but it didn't like that, the server didn't seem to recognize "seed". I tried just makeing some quickie boilerplate FireSeed and RSeed scripts but that didn't help. Ack I'm hearing more bad news than good news about whether this is worth the headache over waiting for the distro to include these quests.

I've deleted the runtime setup that I was trying to get it to work on and I'm thinking it's not worth the sweat.

Update: (@Tru) I took another stab at it and found your posts here:

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34753

that showed me how to deal with the seeds. Thanks Tru, only thing it left me was a couple serialization problems that were easy to fix. Looks like it works, hope I don't have a real headache uninstalling it when the distro solen quests come out.

The only thing is for OSI consistency the bag of sending only holds 30 charges and I don't see anything about a limited number of rechargings. There may be other stuff but I haven't checked it all.

UPDATE update: On the save after successful load, I'm getting an out of memory error generated by the playermobile :confused: but at least I'm getting closer.

Scarcella

Wanderer
Scarcella said:
And what kind of seed?

Okay I'm still having problems with the matriarch part of the quest. I try to give her a plain seed and she won't talk. Does it have to be a fireseed?

Tru

Knight
Scarcella said:
Okay I'm still having problems with the matriarch part of the quest. I try to give her a plain seed and she won't talk. Does it have to be a fireseed?
Not enuff info are you using 1.0?
Also Not unless youve figured out how to determine a seed being droped is a specific one or not (I posted on this and no one could seem to answer it....or would)
Maybe post the code your using to check for a seed item....

Fabioz

Wanderer
Hi guys,
i've got a bunch of BIG problems there.

I've modified the file, i've deleted /mobiles/monsters/ants , i've deleted /items/beverage.cs , i've tried EVERYTHING...

but:

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS0115: (line 1804, column 24) 'Serve
r.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.OnGuildChange(Server.Guilds.Guild)': no suitable method f
ound to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

please...
HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

P.S: I'm using 1.0 RCO :D