RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BaseQuests Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury

Wanderer
BaseQuests Updated

Click here to download

Summary:
Naturalist, Ambitious, Matriarch, Christmas
Quest

Description:
Full Quests using Shadoze BaseQuest. Christmas quest description in a thread below.. only reposting this one cause shadoze asked me to. Also a command added [QuestCleanup to remove any misc quest objects in the world.. which should only happen if say a player gets deleted while on a quest. Improved the ants acid spitting, fixed a crash with the bag of sending and ill post my modifications to stealing.cs for any who want it as stealing should revoke your friendship with the ants.

1/24/04 Updated to version 1.6, fixed a few misc bugs.

Installation:
Replace Playermobile with one included or modify your existing playermobile using instructions included. Go to folder Mobiles/Monster/Ants and delete the Ants folder.. go to folder Items/Food and delete Beverage.cs Drop all scripts into a custom folder.

Phantom

Knight
I don't think it comes with those scripts, if you want those additions you will have to add them yourself.

He didn't even write this fully so I doubt he even knows :rolleyes:

SonnyJim

Wanderer
Phantom you sure have an attitude problem were ever i go i see you your posts every where and all you never end up helping anyone and just offend people sorry that no one meet your standards sir, if anyone should be banned its you not fury!

S

shaDoze

Thanks for sharing Fury.

I'm very happy to see that you put effort in these quests and use my BaseQuest system.

This will be my last submission as it was pointed out i dont contribute and can be banned for expressing my opinions.. i will still be around ill just be quiet. PM me on the board if you need any help with this.

I don't know what happened, but that would be a shame. I think you DO contribute in contrast to many others that only submit (very small) modded scripts or have comments all the time but never submit anything. Ofcourse, these people will not be the subject of any criticism since they stay invisible.

Noobus

Wanderer
fury i agree with shadoze you contribute alot to the forums and I for one greatly appreciate it...I am learning how to script and everything i have done on my own is so simple i dont waste the time to submit it but these are great scripts you have been giving us to use....so in conclusion Thank You!

Cyberspud

Wanderer
The updated acid pool works much better...almost too well.

The ants can get hurt by their own acid. I only fought these a couple of times before I quit OSI, but I don't remember them taking damage from it (if so, then please ignore me).

As it stands, it is easy to get them to stand in the acid and take quite a bit of damage. I am assuming all it would take is a check in acid bool for each ant's class.

Thanks!

Fury

Wanderer
I dont believe so. Only 1 thing is serialized in playermobile so if for some reason you had to remove/replace it could be done fairly easily.. Im not sure how the runuo devs will handle quests but when they do if their system doesnt handle custom quests well this could still be used as well as theirs.

Icon

Wanderer
Ah think i found a bug on the naturalist quest, after doing the quest u dont get a reward i tried adding the npc got quest and added another npc to return to in the hive he clapped but nothing no gold/seeds then i tried again and kept the same npc in the hive did all 4 nest came back to same npc and still nothing :(

Hk

PS

Just tested the other 2 quest the ambitiousqueen and the matriarch quest both ran fine but when it came time for the rewards i got nothing they took the ZoogiFungus and did not give back anything nore any gold :(

Fury

Wanderer
what gump did you get? the only reason you wouldnt is if you cant take the item.. ie. you are overloaded/dont have a backpack.. and it sends the overloaded gump telling you come back when you have less equipment

Icon

Wanderer
Ok found yet another bug the black ambitious queen quest, after accepting it and after summoning 5 black queens and killing them (using a sword not using [kill command) the quest log never updated still said 0/5 of queens are dead, but the red ambitious queen quest works after u kill the queens 1/5 etc.

Also tried a fresh install of beta 36 and copied playermoble and other scripts over. Retried the ambitious quest and the naturalist quest still no rewards wear given played both as an admin. The gumps would come up saying u have completed the quest but no money or seeds and no powder of translocationpowder was given back.

Hk

Fury

Wanderer
You were correct on the black queens i updated the zip to fix this..

* Crap you were right on the rewards.. i corrected it a while ago but apparently i posted an older zip.. ( as the first submission was lost with server data ) i updated the xip but if you wanna simply correct it yourself in BaseQuest.cs replace the CanRecieveItem method with

[code:1] public virtual bool CanRecieveItem( PlayerMobile player, Item item )
{
Container bp = player.Backpack;

if ( bp == null )
{
item.Delete();
return false;
}

if( bp.TryDropItem( player, item, false ) )
return true;

item.Delete();
return false;
}[/code:1]

Philantrop

Sorceror
Fury said:
what gump did you get? the only reason you wouldnt is if you cant take the item.. ie. you are overloaded/dont have a backpack.. and it sends the overloaded gump telling you come back when you have less equipment

Fury, you delete the item after you gave it in BaseQuest.cs.

Fury

Wanderer
aye i saw, wasnt the same file in the zip as my shard..i had to download it myself to see =/ my bad.

Urk

Wanderer
Could you please give suggestions on starting these quests. What locations to use? What spawns to place?

Status
Not open for further replies.