RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BaseQuests Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urk

Wanderer
I've started testing Ambitious Queen quest. Whatever amount of queens I kill the Ambitious queen keeps on telling me I did not finish the task.
Maybe the CurrentQuest value has been stored incorrectly?
In props it is showin (1) 0x0x4001D99D. What is wrong with this quest system?

Fury

Wanderer
1- did you replace all the ant npcs?
2- are you killing the same colored queens as Ambitious queen that gave the quest?

Your questlog will add a completed objective everytime you kill one.

As for setting it up you can get a good idea from stratics in the hunters guide.

wraith

Wanderer
This may sound dumb. but are you killing them or are u useing the [kill command? it wont work if you use the [kill command, ( i think anyway) i know i have used that command to test some quests and it didnt work for me unless i ACTUALY KILLED the critter with magic ( being im a mage ) it would very for other types. melee and so on. anyway just a shot in the dark is all. Keep up the great fury, glad to have ya :)

Icon

Wanderer
Yea nice work Fury script works fine now.. except for 1 thing... the antlion that comes with your package, i belive on osi they dont shoot anything out at other players just brrow and do 2x more dammage when they pop out from under you:p

Btw the Matriarch Quest npc goes in the middle of the hive with the 2 vats below her, the ambitious queen is right below her in the next tunnel both are just walking around in the tunnels, I know i been on osi a solid month cloning my aras off :p

Hk

PS

Nice work again now if we can get the newbie quest scripted life would be good :p

PSS

If u dont mind plz tell me the script name u using for the solenhive entrance. i cant find it anywere the hole static needs to be change to another id: 7025.

Urk

Wanderer
Fury said:
1- did you replace all the ant npcs?
2- are you killing the same colored queens as Ambitious queen that gave the quest?

Your questlog will add a completed objective everytime you kill one.

As for setting it up you can get a good idea from stratics in the hunters guide.
1 - Yes.
2 - Yes. I killed them using player character with combat magics. How can I access the questlog?
I guess that for some reason it is not updated when I kill the queen.
Please, help me with this matter as I really want to use this quest.
Can my PlayerMobile be reason?
By the way, I have found small bug. (I think it is bug).
The black queen (same as red one) throws eggs that summon RED workers and worriors. Easy to fix but it IS wrong as red ants will attack "their" mother - black queen.

Fury

Wanderer
the antlion according to stratics "spits poison" whether that is accurate or not i do not know.

the eggsacks ill fix.. my shard only uses red ants so i did the black ones quick just so they'd be available to people here..i must have overlooked that.

to view your questlog or cancel a quest you single click yourself.. if that is not working then you you didnt modify pmobile properly.

Icon

Wanderer
well they might spit poison i got too close to 1 and died :p lol
anyways the ants still get hurt on there own acid still and i still need that script name for the solenhive entrance...

Nice work again

Hk

Urk

Wanderer
Fury said:
to view your questlog or cancel a quest you single click yourself.. if that is not working then you you didnt modify pmobile properly.
Questlog can be opened, but the Progress details are showing 0 / 5
and I've killed a lot of queens.
How can it be fixed?

Fury

Wanderer
ants still get hurt on there own acid still
yep havent gotten to fixing it yet.. ill post when i do

i still need that script name for the solenhive entrance...
im not sure what you mean.

Questlog can be opened, but the Progress details are showing 0 / 5
and I've killed a lot of queens.
How can it be fixed?

redownload and replace the ants again.. it sounds to me like you are killing distro queens.

Icon

Wanderer
when u add [solen it comes up with a list of everything that starts with solen and there is an solenhiveentrance script, that hole u use says "dirt" and looks like dirt i need to find that script and fix the dirt to a hole.

But when i do a search for hive/solen in windows i dont see that script name and i looked in your scripts an still cant find it :(

Oh well

Hk

Fury

Wanderer
zip updated.. fixed black eggsack spawning red ants and acid wont hurt the ants anymore.. if you are only updating your current quest folder you only need to replace soleneggsack.cs/acidpool.cs/redsolenqueen.cs/blacksolenqueen.cs

Icon

Wanderer
Yea sorry about that ant hole thing there Fury i found were that script (more like a sub class) script was. If u look at UOT's plant system in plant resources file it has the solenhive entrance, I was needing to change its base id # was all. Thought it was in your quest system (it is kind of since u add UOT's plant system with your scripts). Anyways all done and working perfectly thanks for making/fixing.. Question is this system using a dovPlayermoble thingy?

Hk

Tru

Knight
this version the way its set up uses the playermobile.cs although it can be modified to use the dovPlayerMobile without much effort

Fury

Wanderer
updated and replaced cyberspuds antlions into this package after the bug reports... if you alrdy have this installed all you need to replace is antlion.cs and add antlionhole.cs and multiitemhelper.cs

current version is 1.5

wicth

Wanderer
I tried to follow all the instruction to the "t" to get them all in ok but when I compiled i get this error

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Custom\quest\Plants\PlantBowls.cs: CS0101: (line 746, column 1
5) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'DecorativePla
nt'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

this is the code its complaining about:
[code:1] public class DecorativePlant : Item
{
public override int LabelNumber{ get{ return 1061924; } } // a decorative plant
[Constructable]
public DecorativePlant(int id, int hue) : base( id )
{
Weight = 5;
Hue = hue;
Name = "a decorative plant";
Movable = true;
Stackable = false;
}
[/code:1]
Any Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.