RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic ML & Elf functionality

Halciet

Sorceror
Er...maybe I'm missing something, but where exactly does the hue code go? I haven't worked on my server for a few months now because of work, so I'm a little out of the loop.

-Hal

gilberto

Wanderer
Halciet said:
Er...maybe I'm missing something, but where exactly does the hue code go? I haven't worked on my server for a few months now because of work, so I'm a little out of the loop.

-Hal

I want to know it, too... I managed to add the whole code without this single lines, because I don't know where I have to add them. So, my new-compiled server accepts the creation of elves, the client acknowledge the server as supporting ML, but the elven characters I create are created as bald humans... Can anybody give some help?

wulf monat

Sorceror
Sorry if this was asked already i didnt see it if was!

Only thing i want to know before i even touch this file is: when runuo comes out with the next release that covers this stuff in it already wil i have to change anything back to its original code or will that all be in the new download for run uo release?>maybe this was a lil bit of a bad question< but im just speculating things here right now as im still fairly new to scripts and to even running a server.......good thing about thta is when i mess something up real bad i juts start over rebuilding everything again and all that.......i say its a good thing because i learn from my errors and fix things better that way.....and ideas get better as well...............sorry for the long post i just a;lways feel i dont get my point across and explained how i mean it most the time anyway.....lol.....well thanks for any answers on this it should help in my discovery of new and fun things to learn!

gilberto

Wanderer
Answering the wulf monat questions:

1. Nobody knows when the next version will be released (at least, nobody told me)
2. Nobody can give assure the compatibility between this code and the official release.
3. To monitore the RunUO development, and stay informed about the changes and additions, play at Demise, the RunUO test shard. Now, in demise, the Samurai Empire stuff is working (100%, I think), and they are dealing with the ML stuff. You can create a elf character, but he/she don't has the racial traits yet.
4. Somebody (from the dev team) said: "each time anybody asks 'when next version will be released' we add another day to the releasing date". In another post, somebody said "each time somebody asks it, God kills a kitty", or something like this. So you just delayed the release in one more day, and killed a kitty... You're mean!!!

Sorry for the joke, but the truth is: if you want a 100% official ML support, wait until the dev team finish it. Nobody can script a code and assure it will be 100% compatible with the official stuff. The only chance it happen is: the person do a such good job that the dev team consider to use it in the official release...

So, I ask it again: where do I add that 2 lines with the hues :confused:??? I don't like my elven characters looking like bald humans!

About the corageous instructions: I've tryied it, but it didn't work with the .NET 2. The server.exe gives an error and stop. So i followed your instruction swaping it to 1.1 and it worked fine.

Goodbye.

PS: sorry for my crap english. I've learned english by reading, so I'm not good at writing, let alone talking/hearing...

slayer1ss

Sorceror
well ı have been lookıng to fıles for 3 days but ı stıll couldnt fınd where those body and haır hues wıll go... can someone please dırect me to rıght fıle?? ı made ıt to choose rıght haır wıth clıent but ı stıll cant get the body ıd and hues ı tryed to add somethıng lıke
Code:
if (isElf)
	{
	m.BodyValue = ( m.Female ? 606 : 605 );
             m.Title = ", the Elf";
	}

but that dıdnt work eıther... ı would realy aprıcıate ıf someone can help me...
btw ı wanna ask somethıng, after compılıng core wıth source and addıng these ıt seems lıke my save tımes ıncreased and there ıs a lıl lag even 2 peop onlıne wıth 44k ıtem and 1k mobıle could compılıng core would cause somethıng lıke thıs??

slayer1ss

Sorceror
arul said:
thanks for patience.
we should have thank you for all your support to communıty and always beıng so kınd to everyone bro... just to let you know we all wıll be waıtıng (especıally me ):D

arul

Sorceror
First post has been updated, please read the instructions again from the point 5.
Despite the changes, it will probably still produce bald characters, I will try to find the ML hairs that someone posted here some time ago.

EDIT:
first post updated with ML hair styles, thanks to Voran for posting it here.

slayer1ss

Sorceror
thx for updatıng thıs quıckly but somethıng must be wrong cause ı dıd what you saıd exectly and ı cant startup server now... wrıtes too many warnıngs when ı try to start ıt up... dıd you test thıs before sendıng? dıd ıt worked wıth you or ıs ıt only me that ıs gettıng those warnıngs??? :eek:

arul

Sorceror
It works for me like a charm, do you compile it under dotnet 1.1 or 2.0 ?

edit:
do you get errors / warnings while compiling server core or scripts ?

slayer1ss

Sorceror
should ı have to re compıle after doıng thıs?? ı compıled core wıth source 3 days ago and dıd what you told here before ıt worked, ıt enabled choosıng elfs wıth clıent but they were bald humans so ı tryed addıng vorans haır cuts to char creatıon and that worked too after that ı see ı cant handle changıng body type ı posted here for help, scrıpts were stıll workıng then when you changed fırst post ı undo my changes to core and dıd what you told agaın and now ıt s gıvıng maybe ı dont know 2 or 3 k warnıngs :D what am ı doıng wrong?? should ı have to recompıle core agaın?? and ı wanna ask somethıng compılıng core and runnıng server wıth a re compıled core would cause to slow down machıne and produce lag??

arul

Sorceror
Yes you need to recompile the core, changes to the CharacterCreation.cs needs updated EventSink.cs, which is core file.

And about the lag issue:
I've never expirienced something like this ( I've recompiled core about 20 times under different dotnet frameworks ), hard to say, but I don't think that using recompiled core would produce lags or something similar.

hafolee

Sorceror
How to compile the code?I have download the VC#,and how to compile the new code?I don't know how to use the VC#

arul

Sorceror
I've already noted that unavailing rule in the first post.

Little hint: If you need some help with this system, feel free to post your question here; if you already get it work and need help with another script, simply not tell anyone you made these changes, since it won't affect any critical part of RunUO in any way.

Irian

Page
Or simply keep an unmodified server.exe around and test your script with it. When the same problems occur, it has nothing to do with the modified core.