RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware Of joinuo

takik

Wanderer
I took a look over on UOE's forums about the charity and the 50% portion is explained in a post (currently at the bottom of the FAQ thread). Went over to their wiki about donations and with any monthly recurring donation and any donation over $75 you get double ED.

Based on my general grasp of this if some one sets up a $10 monthly recurring donation they get 200 ED. If they then turn all 200 ED into the charity they are saying "hey I want to give $20 to this charity" when they really only paid $10 to get the ED.

Vladamir

Sorceror
I don't agree with the 50% going to charity, even if it is matched by some company, because IMHO, that seems shady, 100% of the money generated through a charitable promotion should go to the charity

Its because of the double ED bonus you get for donating over certain amounts. Its technically 100% of the profit going to the charity, but the way it's explained is just a little vague. Maybe they aren't sharing company details because of threads like this and griefers that follow them.

Donating to a charity yourself is all well and good, but instead these people have opted to give away money that would normally be donated to the shard anyways and give it to the charity. I won't donate my money directly to a charity, I'll be donating it through evo because I get stuff in game for it AND it goes to charity.

Go back to your own shards and mind your own business. This thread is just a flame fest. Every new thing they do is posted by stalker mephisto and his lackeys, Do you all seriously have NOTHING better to do anymore? Vorpsire, why don't you go work on Pandora? Mephisto, don't you have a shard to work on also? Do your own thing and let the chips fall where they may.

Vorspire

Knight
I won't donate my money directly to a charity, I'll be donating it through evo because I get stuff in game for it AND it goes to charity.

You're one selfish individual, you know that?
'Oh, I won't donate directly to charity, because I don't get jack shit in return' - that's you, or at least how you come across.
The notion of gaining anything from giving to charity is extremely selfish.
If you're giving to charity and expecting something in return, well, that's just disgusting.
People should be charitable if and when they can, without expecting personal gain or a reward, or even gratification.
Taking pride in donating to charity falls under the same stigma.
People should donate to help others, not because they want something in return.

I work for more than just Pandora, you know absolutely nothing, so don't ever think about telling me what to do, especially when you can't be bothered to even spell my name correctly.

I don't know, or care who you are and less so what you've done to contribute to this community, if anything other than a whine here and there.
I have a basket full of cheese that you can have to go with your whine, if you want it, I don't expect anything in return.

You seem to have a stick so far up your ass, it could be classed as medieval torture.

Suggestion; maybe you should get off this thread and take your butt-hurt with you if it bothers you so much?

Obviously you're a player on UOE, so I get why you're so butt-hurt at this thread, but you're not doing anyone, including yourself, any good by trying to claim the moral high ground, especially after this comment.
Maybe you should go back to playing.
Since you're not a shard owner, I don't see what you have to do with any of this entire thread anyway.

The last time I was this disgusted at a comment on the internet... I can't even remember, because I don't think it has ever happened.

Vlad, you will speak when I tell you to. Your lies, and obviously ability to be trolled are funny. You will realize I am your master and own you. You will never defeat me. I think you should go have your colon cleaned and relieve some stress, preferably by a steel pipe and a pump. I seriously think you need to find a companion. I think a mannequin from a department store would be perfect because you could rant and rave at "him" and he won't argue back. You might have to attach a dildo to it to provide some nitetime pleasure. If you took it with you to work, you might be able to use the hov lane. Either way quit sucking Dante's dick.

KHzspeed

Sorceror
Let me tell you a story of long ago, A time before UO-FreeShards were considered a money scheme though donations, and people actually enjoyed the game for what it offered.. I miss those times..

-A Ultima Online veteran"

"Seriously though,
between 1999 and 2004 I had a blast playing this game. nobody collected money hosting shards, people had a memorable good time playing; greed wasn't a factor. It's sad to see a community being pulled apart over such a silly situation.
Hosting a shard shouldn't be your 9-to-5 day job, and definitely shouldn't be a popularity contest.

How awesome would it be to see this community thrive, and work together as it once did.
OSI / Origin / EA - Leave the collection fee's to them. they're a payed service. We're a Free shard community. That is what I miss.

Let me tell you a story of long ago, A time before UO-FreeShards were considered a money scheme though donations, and people actually enjoyed the game for what it offered.. I miss those times..

-A Ultima Online veteran"

"Seriously though,
between 1999 and 2004 I had a blast playing this game. nobody collected money hosting shards, people had a memorable good time playing; greed wasn't a factor. It's sad to see a community being pulled apart over such a silly situation.
Hosting a shard shouldn't be your 9-to-5 day job, and definitely shouldn't be a popularity contest.

How awesome would it be to see this community thrive, and work together as it once did.
OSI / Origin / EA - Leave the collection fee's to them. they're a payed service. We're a Free shard community. That is what I miss.​

100%

Vorspire

Knight
I agree, though I wonder if the past decade worth of financial collapse had any adverse affects on the attitudes of the people encompassed by that statement?
I bet it did, the past 10 years has been financial hell for most of the world.

KHzspeed

Sorceror
Any shard I have hosted I had one firm rule, That it was to be Free to play, and fair to all.
Hosting a server and time invested, was my own personal enjoyment.
Seeing people play my shard, and compliment my hard work was my payment.

Reading players positive comments, and seeing their time invested enjoying my creation.
To me; That's worth more than money. no donation amount can replicate that.

KHzspeed

Sorceror
the past 10 years has been financial hell for most of the world

A bit off topic-
Curse of the digital age.
We live in the instant gratification era. where nobody wishes to work hard for what they earn.
I personally blame the concept of where the worlds at our fingertips and a click away. everything's become too easy to obtain, and made to order.

people lost sight on how this world really operates, and expect Miracles to solve all their problems.
loosing sight of life's virtues tarnished our world.

My opinion on the freeshard community is that people have been handed so much that it took away from the sense of acclomplisment when you did something big and took time to do it. Now people demand to know where everything is (I can usnderstand not having a lot of time to play) but people did it back when the game was new.

Shards grew away from pvp and pvm, donations to keep servers going turned into donations to become overpowered and have more than everyone else at a faster pace.

Shard owners became greedy in a monetary way instead of risk vs. reward or even in trammel.. earning something.

Vorspire

Knight
Well, after finally talking to Kyn, he seems like a pretty genuine guy.... I think it's high time we cut this drama and got back to focussing on keeping RunUO and UO alive. Although that's just my opinion. Life is too short to hold a grudge. People make mistakes and grow from them and we all make mistakes. To err is Human. Live and let die. Insert arbitrary philosophical statement here.