RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Core Mod Ever...

Phantom

Knight
Really should be in starbucks.

First time somebody has actually done a "new core" the right way. None of this "alternative" to RunUO because they hate this community, but exactly what the Developers wanted, something different.

Tell whom ever worked on it, good job.

The good thing about the GPL license, you don't have to provide a download to your modifications, gota love that :D

Ricky26

Sorceror
I needed to upload an image... And the disscussion forums dont allow that?

Anyways, this seems just as appropriate.

If anyone cares, I have a self coded HS server wich im porting to RunHS scripts (Thats what im gonna call it XD).

Due to the open source thing, do I have to release the source *sniff sniff* :(.

@Phantom:

I made it alone :). So thanks :D.

Ricky26

Sorceror
By the way:

THANK YOU RUNUO STAFF!

A) For releasing RunUO in the first place.

B) For making the localised numbers have the text nearby so I can convert them to normal text.

Ill post a screenie once you can see a ship. :D

stormwolff

Knight
It looks like you did a great job.

Personally I would be interested in seeing the server/client just to see what you did with it.

Phantom

Knight
Ricky26 said:
I needed to upload an image... And the disscussion forums dont allow that?

Anyways, this seems just as appropriate.

If anyone cares, I have a self coded HS server wich im porting to RunHS scripts (Thats what im gonna call it XD).

Due to the open source thing, do I have to release the source *sniff sniff* :(.

@Phantom:

I made it alone :). So thanks :D.

You only have to release the source if you release it.

If you don't release it, you don't have to release the source.

slithers

Sorceror
slick....

if only i was able to i would (cant because of the network im using). but i am there in spirit if that counts!

seriously though it looks like you have done something very impressive and i hope you plan to release it and the source, cause this will be a great example of what can be done.

im surfing your site right now and my hat's off to you..

Tannis

Knight
I tried to register and after picking an already taken username 6 times, it told me registration was unavailable. Grrrrrr :D

Ricky26

Sorceror
Yeah, the HS site is poor for trying to register and hopefully, with my AMD 64 3500+ and 1gb ram, that wont happen when I host it :p.

@Tannis:

If your really interested give it another go, it usually works 3/4th try*. :D

*After you've found a valid username :D.

Axle

Wanderer
Ricky26 said:
Tell you what, if I can get more than 3 people on the beta server I will release the source :D.

Point me to this beta server pls. I Played HS for a while. Tried getting Blitz to let me help him develope it at one point.

DaLaw66

Sorceror
Nice, Ill try it out sometime.
Yea also please fix that IE requirement, its really erritating to have to open IE just for that, and having IE still on my PC is painfull enough, I don't like opening it :p

Ricky26

Sorceror
Axle said:
Point me to this beta server pls. I Played HS for a while. Tried getting Blitz to let me help him develope it at one point.

I need to get it to Beta first. xD

lol, I found someone, I forget who and bugged 'em a while. When they said no... I thought, fine! Be that way! And started making the server xD.

Also!!

You will *NOT* require the M$ Internet Explorer virus to use RunHS. I will probably make a simple thing like uoGateway. xD

Ricky26

Sorceror
RADAR xD

Ok, now I can see the radar too. :) Unfortunately no ships yet, allthough allmost all the core modification is done! Just a few more packets to write, some star code and area types..

Attachments

• hspic2.jpg
    hspic2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 473

Ricky26

Sorceror
Sorry for the lack of releases... I seem to have made a stupid estimation...

Some of the core RunUO stuff has had to be edited, (including the packet class :O), and that took time, also, I dont have the exact prototypes for the packets, so Im kinda experimenting...

At the moment the movement packet causes an exception on the *client* (Hmmm... RunUO core is stable...).

So, Im just saying, that like all good games/softwares, this one is gonna be late.... Sorry...

Axle

Wanderer
Ricky26 said:
Sorry for the lack of releases... I seem to have made a stupid estimation...

Some of the core RunUO stuff has had to be edited, (including the packet class :O), and that took time, also, I dont have the exact prototypes for the packets, so Im kinda experimenting...

At the moment the movement packet causes an exception on the *client* (Hmmm... RunUO core is stable...).

So, Im just saying, that like all good games/softwares, this one is gonna be late.... Sorry...

Perhaps if you put together a dev team for it, it might speed things up?

Ricky26

Sorceror
Yeah, I thought about that... But I'm still worried about my hard work being stolen...

This has taken a lot of time. Ive had to take packetdumps from a 'session' of hostilespace and decode and order them so I can see whats going on. Ive done that like 2.5 times, it isnt easy and can take an hour.

Also theres my prototype server... Which works fine... That took a while to program, even though it is horriibly limited.

And dont forget all my core modding so far....

Anywho, if anyone is interested post here and I'll have a think about it....