RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Core Mod Ever...

Axle

Wanderer
Ricky26 said:
Yeah, I thought about that... But I'm still worried about my hard work being stolen...

This has taken a lot of time. Ive had to take packetdumps from a 'session' of hostilespace and decode and order them so I can see whats going on. Ive done that like 2.5 times, it isnt easy and can take an hour.

Also theres my prototype server... Which works fine... That took a while to program, even though it is horriibly limited.

And dont forget all my core modding so far....

Anywho, if anyone is interested post here and I'll have a think about it....

Count me in.

E

Ed_Elric

where do i download this server and game i wanna mess around with it :)

Ricky26

Sorceror
Ill Give You Endian!

Heh, big breakthrough, it appears that something is swapping the endain for the packets, and I was writing it into my code too... :-/ Made all the packets complete crap. Anywho... Heres a pic ;D.

Hmm... I seem to be out of fuel?

EDIT: Fuel joke.

Attachments

• hspic3.jpg
    hspic3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 273

Ricky26

Sorceror
Hey! Blitz, want your ship back?

PROGRESS AT LAST!

I now have a working admin teleport command :D. All of the endianing has been fixed and I've managed to steal me a dreadnaught.

Only one fictional Kala Zorn was killed in the process of making this screenshot. Lets give Kala Zorn a moment of silence...

Attachments

• hspic4.jpg
    hspic4.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 268

Ricky26

Sorceror
Update 30/9/2005

YESS Maps work... (Also I own the Core Mods-> Other forum xD)

Although I seem to have filled all the generated maps with impassible blocks... Not good...

Dont worry progress has sped up! I was caught on that endianing way longer that I should have been.

Multiplayer support *should* work, but I have put that lower on my todo list than maps...

Just off to create some cool maps....

Ricky26

Sorceror
Booh Yah!

Maps now *actually* work. (Before, the tiles were there, but ended up in random places)

Theres only 1 more bug 2 fix before I try running a public server xD. Allthough I want to add some custom floor sprites xD.

Screenie time!

EDIT: For all you level editor freaks like me, who can also stand IE *shudder*, can grab a copy of HS and use the BUILT IN MAP EDITOR.
Usage: /editmap mapname.txt (the map files are converted automatically by runHS at startup, only mobs arent supported yet)

Attachments

• hspic5.jpg
    hspic5.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 209

Ricky26

Sorceror
w00t

Ok, things are complete (You know? The things that are on the floor, that dont actually do anything (except the exit) but look real neat!)!

And look what I found! I didnt make this thing! Its in the things64.bmp file!

(Also things load and save with the world (/save))

Attachments

• hspic6.jpg
    hspic6.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 210

Ricky26

Sorceror
Stars Toooo!

Stars now work aswell, I havent screenshotted one yet, but, stars work (this includes drydocks and other shops), and you can add/remove items from them. (What they sell)

Also I've noticed that the client mobiles arent saved and disposed when you log out :S.

Attachments

• hspic7.jpg
    hspic7.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 208

Ricky26

Sorceror
Gumps in formation!

Ok, now we have basic gumps, nothing fancy, cant add images, etc, etc...

But here you go.

Notice how I allready outstrip official HS, you can carry hulls!!! X_X

And Ive fixed where you could see logged off players/yourself.

P.S. Please make a note of replying to this thread if you are interested in this project because:

A) If there are enough people actually interested in HS, I may release RunHS.

B) I wont bother posting if no-one cares.

C) If I know people are counting on me Ill spend more time on it. :)

Attachments

• hspic8.jpg
    hspic8.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 164

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Well, I'm interested. Not particularly in Hostile Space or anything to do with it, as I honestly never heard of it until now. But, seeing this done is rather inspiring and the more you accomplish the more I consider taking on something I've wanted to do forever, but just lack the dedication to learn how.

AdminVile

Sorceror
well after 23 attempts to find a valid username and such and then being told the registration server was not available hmmnnnn maybe next time

screen shots and everything look good though

Ricky26

Sorceror
Heh, yeah, once you've found a valid username you just have to be persistant, (Obviously they have a cheap server xD). Registration has never not been available, its said that before and I managed to get 2 friends registered :).

poetawd

Wanderer
are you going to release this server for public??

I think it is a great IDEA and I dont think that somebody would stole it from you...

:p

Ricky26

Sorceror
Its more than just, 'Yeah, I think it will be nice to release this for the public!'.

Becase:

A) Its my months of hard work that will go to waste -if- it gets stolen....

B) If people go hosting HS servers under IA (InterAdventure)'s nose, IA will change the network specs, months of work down the drain again.

C) I dont think ive seen one person who actually cares about HS, If you want to make a private server for something, go download the runUO source, its insanely well commented.

But non the less, ill prolly release it n e ways.... :) Just make the item library available on request heh :) So that the server doesnt *-actually-* work, except for people I choose xD.

Ricky26

Sorceror
Bye bye Internet Explorer....

As the title suggests Ive finished my Anti-IE-requiring-logger-inner (for lack of a better name).

Heres a piccy:

Attachments

• hspic9.jpg
    hspic9.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 160

Ricky26

Sorceror
Next job...

The next thing I'm gonna do is make a stand-alone HS installer. It will download the Hsz files from InterAdventure (Not interveining any laws? as they link the files anyway?) and then apply a custom patch.

So far it happily copies all the HSZ files, next to integrate my HSZ unzipper :).

Some of you may ask why I chose HS to make a server for.

2 Reasons:

A) Space games rock.

B) Its INCREDIBLY customisable, all the data is dynamic. So there is no NEED to patch the client. (Exept tilesets / graphics which are Bitmaps heh)

mrkroket

Wanderer
"Its my months of hard work that will go to waste -if- it gets stolen...."
On an open source and collaborative environment as RunUO I'll never understand these thoughts. Open your eyes, the whole RunUO is surely like 10000 times larger than your work. And yes, they release it freely.

You are getting money for your work? No
Anyone will be able to get money from your work? No
You want credit for the mod? Probably you already have.

So what's the point to be so conservative with your work, release it and cooperate or simply don't release it and keep it for you (but dont bump more about the "Biggest Core Mod Ever").

Jambone

Wanderer
mrkroket said:
"Its my months of hard work that will go to waste -if- it gets stolen...."
On an open source and collaborative environment as RunUO I'll never understand these thoughts. Open your eyes, the whole RunUO is surely like 10000 times larger than your work. And yes, they release it freely.

You are getting money for your work? No
Anyone will be able to get money from your work? No
You want credit for the mod? Probably you already have.

So what's the point to be so conservative with your work, release it and cooperate or simply don't release it and keep it for you (but dont bump more about the "Biggest Core Mod Ever").

hey bud. RunUO JUST went opensource. It was closed for a long time, and it was a hard decision they made.
Dont get on this guy just because its hard for him too. You make it sound like its easy and you got all the answers.

I say go ahead and develop it any way you want. When you get it developed enough, then go ahead a open it up if you want. If you dont then dont. Its your call. its kool. if its good people will use it open or closed.