RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Core Mod Ever...

Ricky26

Sorceror
Thats the problem.

Because its based on RunUO, which is GPL opensource, I either release it with source or not at all.

If I had the opportunity to distribute binaries alone, closed source, I'm sure everyone would have had a punch at getting it working now. :)

Also I seem to have bumped into some problems, mabey posting the source on the community would help movement...?

Even if I do release the source, apparently I shouln't use this forum for support anyway. :S

Im gonna be away until Sunday, mabey I'll botch it on the forums and see what people think. There is a memory bug somewhere I'm sure. It can take up to 150MB ram, which is stupid, but I ran it through a profiler and there are no memory leaks :S. How do I find what code is using all my memory?! And how do I find slow code?

Until Sunday.

psz

Administrator
Guys... RunUO is NOT GPL :-P

It's OSI Certified. (Open Source Initiative, not Origin ;->)

Please read up on the liscensing differences.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
psz said:

I thought that it was released under GPL which itself is OSI certified.

Ricky26

Sorceror
psz said:

Errr.... Yes it is GPL.... Which is OSI certified...

Please read the source code:

Code:
/***************************************************************************
 *                                  Main.cs
 *                            -------------------
 *   begin                : May 1, 2002
 *   copyright            : (C) The RunUO Software Team
 *   email                : [email protected]
 *   $Id: Main.cs,v 1.8 2005/01/22 04:25:04 krrios Exp $
 *   $Author: krrios $
 *   $Date: 2005/01/22 04:25:04 $
 ***************************************************************************/

/***************************************************************************
 *   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 *   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 *   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 *   (at your option) any later version.
 ***************************************************************************/

Key points: GNU General Public License = GPL.

Anyways.... Here ya go! The source to RunHS. With HSLauncher (which is CLOSED SOURCE), ect, ect.

Attachments

• RunHS-RC1-Source.rar
    285.7 KB · Views: 101

Kithcatul

Wanderer
I wanna beta test :p

I have played HS much longer then I would like to admit, so if you want someone to beta it, I would be more then happy to help :)

Ricky26

Sorceror
I played it in the BETA, and once they re-released it 50% free, I decided to make the server incase they made people play again.

=) I'd like a lot of feedback, but its more developers that will help. I'm not doing any current work on RunHS, but I have 'phases', so I'll be back soon. =)

-- RunHS, the work of a 14 year old, and of course, the team of RunUO devs!

lingo555

Sorceror
Ricky26 said:
I played it in the BETA, and once they re-released it 50% free, I decided to make the server incase they made people play again.

=) I'd like a lot of feedback, but its more developers that will help. I'm not doing any current work on RunHS, but I have 'phases', so I'll be back soon. =)

-- RunHS, the work of a 14 year old, and of course, the team of RunUO devs!

Ok, well you haven't been back in a while, Whats goin on with this project? I think it's very interesting :)

Almost Done

Well All u need to do is get the maps in there or tell us all how, Make some base items for Armor Plates,Comps,NonCloak Ew's, and fix the skills and the Primariy make some Mobs and shit, like the rest is easy for us retards to do....Like I alredy added all the Hulls in the normal Game and lots of the weps......I just dont know how to add +skill on the weps so i cant make BP's,Launchers,Juggs Ect..Yea so just do all that, and then make an RickyItem of every possable item location..... Thx!!