RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can not use razor 1.0.3 at all

can not use razor 1.0.3 at all

i donwloaded the newest one (after the 1.0.3.4... was listed

i go to start up the client in UOG and i get the message displayed below
i click ok and razor closes and then so does client

i am running uo patch 5.0.6e
I have 3 clients connecting through UOG not using razor and 1 that does use razor
it only closes down the one it is trying to load with

Kyote

Wanderer
Zippy, I get the same error. I just got the new razor and this error shows up. I use Windows XP pro SP2 with all current updates. I thought it might have something to do with zonealarm but I shut ZA down and still I get the error.

DarkGypsy

Wanderer
I too get this exact same error, only it's coming from being loaded by ConnectUO, not UO Gateway. The error reads as follows:
Razor was unable to initialize. Error code:
NO_SHAREMEM
Description: Could not create or access Razor shared memory.
Possible Cause: Windows Error or invalid permissions.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Oh, I also run WinXP SP2 with .net 1.1 and .net 2.0 Client version is 5.0.7.0 Running both the newest versions of ConnectUO and Razor at this time.

Got someone on my shard who said he updated Razor and now can not use it anymore (they obviously only updated Razor, not the client.

cerme

Wanderer
Same error here, using last client patch, win xp sp2, net 1.1 and I use uogateway.
no problem if razor is started manually.

help pls !!!

Lix Tetrax

Wanderer
Yeah, I got the same error.

Razor was unable to initialize. Error code:
NO_SHAREMEM
Description: Could not create or access Razor shared memory.
Possible Cause: Windows Error or invalid permissions

This is somewhat annoying... Oh well, I guess I just got to manage some time without razor. (Its going to be kinda hard.)

Goat-hybrid

Wanderer
I get the same error Zippy your obviously doing something very wrong. :D I have latest everything seeing as I am a software developer like yourself. I tried rebooting thinking maybe it was some other error. This did not have any effect on the error it is still received.

Lix Tetrax

Wanderer
Playing UO without Razor = not fun = makes me frustrated.

This error comes definitely only when this program (for example: UO Gateway) starts Razor.

Got a clue? What to do?

cerme

Wanderer
rolling back to a prev version of razor could be the solution, while we wait for a fix, but... where to get a prev version ? I only got the last... :(

Jerimiah

Wanderer
I have the same problem as everyone else is having and I dont have the old version of Razor to roll back to. Any suggestions?

Zippy

Razor Creator
Okay this was a UOGateway related problem.

Redownload and it *should* be fixed but I cannot get UOGateway to get it to work so I can test. Someone please test it for me and let me know.

Kenko

Page
I get this connecting to localhost:

Weird thing is: I can connect to virtually the same server (same scripts etc) which is hosted in another computer.