RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capture the Flag and Double Domination Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anzy

Wanderer
Hiya, I'm very new to scripting but I was wondering if someone could help me find or create a Autosupply script for CTF that would be more fitting for AOS. With the current script, the players don't get anything really worth while or helpful. So any help would be great! Thanks a million!

egoryok

Wanderer
Well i have a problem with CTF game insite of shard. As You said i installed all CS. files deleated line with TimeOfDeath and still when i type [add CTFGame there is no stone appears . Only 1 message appears in left down corner of the screen {where usually staff message appears} that says
Usage:
CTFGame Int32 numTeams
Wut should i do.
Tnx :)

tickle_man

Wanderer
i saw the delete that line then message- but wonder...

okay inside your "game" file it has 2 noriety.cs files
1) inside the folder when u first open
2) inside the second page of the folder.

-you said just to delete that line then.
your speaking of line 202 i take it, but which noriety

highest regards,

Chandler.

Amplify

Wanderer
egoryok said:
Well i have a problem with CTF game insite of shard. As You said i installed all CS. files deleated line with TimeOfDeath and still when i type [add CTFGame there is no stone appears . Only 1 message appears in left down corner of the screen {where usually staff message appears} that says
Usage:
CTFGame Int32 numTeams
Wut should i do.
Tnx :)

I would recomend reading all the previous posts in this thread since this question has been anwsered a couple of times already.
But maybee thats to hard work? >_<

Anzy

Wanderer
Hiya, I'm very new to scripting but I was wondering if someone could help me find or create a Autosupply script for CTF that would be more fitting for AOS. With the current script, the players don't get anything really worth while or helpful. So any help would be great! Thanks a million!

tickle_man

Wanderer
A Little Help, Tanks

Sorry, But If someone could help me set up my CTF Game and such I would REALLY TRUELY appreciate that, just reply if you would and i will send another message with my shard's name. Thank you for your time, :D

Drakegarrn

Wanderer
I've got a problem with the Double Domination game.

Its not quite working as explained. I've stood on those "Point" and they've not said or done anything. I've stood on one for 10 mins.

Is there some special message or something?

Amplify

Wanderer
Okay.. Before you ask the shittiest questions ever (since they never seem to end)

Read all the posts in this thread before asking. And drakegarrn; Sounds like you havent turned on the game tbh. You arent suppose to stand on a tile, your suppose to sign up via a join stone.

Drakegarrn

Wanderer
Amplify said:
Okay.. Before you ask the shittiest questions ever (since they never seem to end)

Read all the posts in this thread before asking. And drakegarrn; Sounds like you havent turned on the game tbh. You arent suppose to stand on a tile, your suppose to sign up via a join stone.

This is the third damn time I've read the ENTIRE topic. I wouldnt have made a post like this if it wasnt covered. Contrary to your popular belief, I'm not as stupid as some of these lazy people.

However, upon reading the ENTIRE topic again, I've found only this in relation to Double Domination:

scarface6666 said:
how do i link the dd or ctf stone to gether need to no plz list the way is thr somthin i have to sya like[linkstones

However, there was no reply.

No could you please explain to me what the hell "tbh" means? I'm not into this internet bull shit of "lol" and "brb" crap. Explain your words and we can get along. PLEASE.

Now lets not assume me to be an idiot, 'cause IF I happened to have MISSED something on correcting my question, then I stand corrected of I am an idiot. However, I realize I am an idiot (At times.) and missing the solution to my question makes me worse of an idiot.

Now, I've tried it as a player. I've signed up in it and everything, I've stood on the damned platform for 10 minutes. Nothing changed.

Could you please explain to me how my ONE question is the "shittiest question ever". Please, I would love to hear; read in this case, your lovely reply.

*Sigh*My question, aside from this all, is: "Why does everyone have to be at eachothers throats? People ask for help and you give them the dirty end of the deal. So why, why is everyone so hostile towards eachother?"

Perhaps I can understand from the odd, "Why this?" or "Why that?". But it doesnt mean you have to throw it off on others.

Anyways, back onto the subject - My old bones are aching.

Why doesnt my Double Domination work? I've set up everything accoring to what the instructions have said. Yet when I, my player character, stand on the platform, nothing happens.

Amplify

Wanderer
Try doing props and double clicking the flags, joinstone, leavegate and scoreboard. and redirect them all to the gamestone.

Tbh = to be honest
imo = in my opinion
irl = in real life

Amplify

Wanderer
Anzy im quite sure that if you read trough every post in this thread you will find out how to set it up.

This script is quite shit tho imo.

1. You get to keep all items when you join and exit
2. dosnt seem to be a way to turn off the game
3. the flag drops in your corpse, not on the tile you died on.
4. You need to have disabled the spawn of newbie robes upon ressurection for the game to hand out gamerobes, or modify the coding in the script.

+ some other stuffs.
If anyone could code it so the flag drops on the tile you died and not in corpse i would be quite happy :/

Amplify

Wanderer
Modifyed leavegate.cs :

It delete the mobiles backpack and give him/her a new one. So that they cant stock up on equipment and exit and bank it all.

Code:
using System;
using Server;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Mobiles;

namespace Server.Items
{
	public class LeaveGameGate : Moongate
	{
		[Constructable]
		public LeaveGameGate() : base( false )
		{
		}

public LeaveGameGate( Serial ser ) : base( ser )
		{
		}

public override void UseGate( Mobile m )
		{
			for(int i=0;i<CTFGame.Registry.Count;i++)
			{
				CTFTeam t = ((CTFGame)CTFGame.Registry[i]).FindTeam( m );

if ( t != null )
					t.Members.Remove( m );
			}

Item robe = m.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.OuterTorso );
			if ( robe is CTFRobe )
				robe.Delete();
			m.Delta( MobileDelta.Noto );
			Container c = m.Backpack;
			if ( c != null ) { c.Delete(); Backpack b = new Backpack(); b.Movable = false; m.AddItem( b ); }

base.UseGate( m );
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 );
		}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
		}
	}
}

Amplify

Wanderer
Modifyed CTFJoinGump.cs :

Here is how to make it delete the mobiles backpack when he/she enters to so he/she wont bring items in to the game, like ethys, pots etc :)
WARNING: This script does not check for blessed items so if they try to bring their ethys inside, BUMMER! ;)

Code:
using System;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Network;

namespace Server.Gumps
{
	public class CTFTeamSelector : Gump
	{
		private CTFGame m_Game;
		private int m_TeamSize;

public CTFTeamSelector( CTFGame game ) : this( game, game.TeamSize )
		{
		}

public CTFTeamSelector( CTFGame game, int teamSize ) : base( 50, 50 )
		{
			m_Game = game;
			m_TeamSize = teamSize;

Closable = false;
			Dragable = false;

AddPage( 0 );
			AddBackground( 0, 0, 250, 220, 5054 );
			AddBackground( 10, 10, 230, 200, 3000 );

AddPage( 1 );
			AddLabel( 20, 20, 0, "Select a team:" );						//Select a team: label
			for (int i=0;i<m_Game.Teams.Count;i++)
			{
				CTFTeam team = (CTFTeam)m_Game.Teams[i];
				if ( team.ActiveMemberCount < m_TeamSize )
				{
					AddButton( 20, 60 + i*20, 4005, 4006, i+1, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );	//Join Team button
					AddLabel( 55, 60 + i*20, 0, "Join Team " + team.Name );					//Join Team label
				}
			}
		}

public override void OnResponse( NetState state, RelayInfo info )
		{
			Mobile from = state.Mobile;

from.CloseGump( typeof( CTFTeamSelector ) );
			CTFTeam team = m_Game.FindTeam( info.ButtonID - 1 );
			if ( team != null && team.ActiveMemberCount < m_TeamSize )
			{
				from.Kill();
				from.Location = team.Home;
				from.Map = team.Map;
				from.Delta( MobileDelta.Noto );
				from.Resurrect();
				Item robe = from.FindItemOnLayer( Layer.OuterTorso );
				if ( robe is Robe )
						robe.Delete();
			Container c = state.Mobile.Backpack;
			if ( c != null ) { c.Delete(); Backpack b = new Backpack(); b.Movable = false; state.Mobile.AddItem( b ); }

m_Game.SwitchTeams( from, team );
				from.SendMessage( "You have joined team {0}!", team.Name );
			}
			else
			{
				from.SendMessage( "That team may be full, please try again." );
				from.SendGump( new CTFTeamSelector( m_Game ) );
			}
		}

}

public class CTFJoinGump : Gump
	{
		private CTFGame m_Game;
		public CTFJoinGump( CTFGame game ) : base( 20, 30 )
		{
			m_Game = game;

AddPage( 0 );
			AddBackground( 0, 0, 550, 220, 5054 );
			AddBackground( 10, 10, 530, 200, 3000 );

AddPage( 1 );
			AddLabel( 20, 20, 0, "Welcome to the CTF:" );
			AddLabel( 20, 60, 0, "Let it be known to all who join the the melee that lays within, you will not" );
			AddLabel( 20, 80, 0, "be able to leave this arena of death. Any attempts to contact the gods will" );
			AddLabel( 20, 100, 0, "be fruitless, it is advised that you just simply enjoy yourself, while" );
			AddLabel( 20, 120, 0, "killing adversarys!" );

AddLabel( 55, 180, 0, "Cancel" );
			AddButton( 20, 180, 4005, 4006, 0, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
			AddLabel( 165, 180, 0, "Okay, Join CTF!" );
			AddButton( 130, 180, 4005, 4006, 1, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
		}

{

if ( info.ButtonID == 1 )
		}
	}

public class DDJoinGump : Gump
	{
		private CTFGame m_Game;
		public DDJoinGump( CTFGame game ) : base( 20, 30 )
		{
			m_Game = game;

AddPage( 0 );
			AddBackground( 0, 0, 550, 220, 5054 );
			AddBackground( 10, 10, 530, 200, 3000 );

AddPage( 1 );
			AddLabel( 20, 20, 0, "Welcome to the RunUO Double Domination System:" );
			AddLabel( 20, 60, 0, "Let it be known to all who join the the melee that lays within, you will not" );
			AddLabel( 20, 80, 0, "be able to leave this arena of death. Any attempts to contact the gods will" );
			AddLabel( 20, 100, 0, "be fruitless, it is advised that you just simply enjoy yourself, while" );
			AddLabel( 20, 120, 0, "killing adversarys!" );

AddLabel( 55, 180, 0, "Cancel" );
			AddButton( 20, 180, 4005, 4006, 0, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
			AddLabel( 165, 180, 0, "Okay, Join Double Domination!" );
			AddButton( 130, 180, 4005, 4006, 1, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
		}

{

if ( info.ButtonID == 1 )
		}
	}
}

Anzy

Wanderer
Amp, I was looking to see if anyone has a different autosupply script to provide better items, you know, more aos appropriate...

Amplify

Wanderer
I got no idea about that. Try using the search function about supplystones.

I personally dont see the point in running a aos server since thats what u can get on osi.
:)
You could always try and code it yourself? :)

smoksalot

Wanderer
Hell Slayer said:
im getting a crah too this one is not when i delete anything it just happens when i set the ctf up the crash report is as follows:

Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 3/14/2004 3:54:33 PM
Mobiles: 4826
Items: 69459
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ (account = Hell Slayer) (mobile = 0x1 'Hell Slayer')
+ (account = beyonce) (mobile = 0x2299 'Sassy')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.CTFGame.PlayerMessage(String message)
at Server.Items.ScoreTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

thanks for any help

I get this same error Is it because not all the stuff is in when the game ends? the only thing i never had in was th CTFscore I think this might of been the problem and I remember someone askign about the Link to Game how we do this ?

Amplify

Wanderer
Smoksalot.
Try doubleclicking it, if that dont work use [props and you will see:
Game:

Link that to the stone, dont ask how, try! its not exacly complicated, its "target, click"

glhf :)

No Game Stone

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem...

I type [add CTFGame and it says

"CTFGame Int32 numTeams" in the bottom left hand corner of my screen... I am running on RunUO1.0 and was hoping to get this up and running =)

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.