RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO's GMHidingstone

CEO

Sorceror
CEO's GMHidingstone

Summary:
/*
Script Name: GMHidingStone.cs
Author: CEO
Version: 1.1
Public Release: 06/05/04
Updated Release: 10/06/05
Purpose: A stone that allows for multiple hide/appear effects for counselors and above.
*/

Updated to 1.1:
Added 4 additional effects provided by Jebbit.
Added the ability to set the color of the effect.

I've lurked here for about a week. I've always been impressed when someone's first post is a script on the forums I moderate, so figured this would be the only chance I'd get to do the same thing. :)

And it also proves anyone with abit of motivation and ability to read and learn can write something. This is my first ever .cs program let alone runuo script/program.

I hope someone finds it useful.

Description:
Although it's called GMHidingStone it can be used by Counselors or higher. This stone, when clicked, will hide or appear the GM to players. The property gump gives you the ability to modify the effect for both hiding or appearing using several different methods from flamestrike to multiple explosions/lightning effects. Very pretty to watch too!

Installation:
Unzip the file, Install gmhidingstone.cs in custom scripts folder and restart runuo.

[add GMHidingStone

Attachments

• gmhidingstone.cs
    12.9 KB · Views: 109

CEO

Sorceror
raffy said:
CEO that made turbo plugins?
Yes.

krazeykow said:
CEO from EasyUO..*Remembers Turbo Tailor*?!?Also, I must compliment, GREAT SCRIPT!
Thanks! It's my first, quite simple really, but I thought useful and a good "first program" to code and good first effort IMHO. I'll have a few more as I tinker around and get time to learn more when I'm not working other things. Fun stuff too, hats off to Ryan for making something like this possible and completely freeing us from the OSI shackles. :)

raffy

Sorceror
Can't wait to see your future scripts sir! :D As all of your other programs worked perfectly for me! :cool:

Jebbit

Wanderer
Been having a blast with this script. All my helpers have their own special entrance and exit. I hae also added 5 more effects to it as well. We do whats called a full throttle effect with it. We have it repeat and run around dragging the multiple effects behind us. Makes some pretty cool animation considering the game lacks in that area. Thanks again for bringing something fun and practical to the game.

nomad707

Knight
Good to see you on Runuo forums CEO.
Ive used yer turbo tailor scripts before, Nice work, If you get that good at scripting for runuo,,,, wow, We can all expect great scripts from ceo!

SubRat

Sorceror
CEO objectionable?

CEO,
With your permission, I'd like to post some mods I have done to this script that handle the delays better and I added an extra effect... I never really liked the default delay with [hide and [unhide and your GMHidingStone could really use it too. The delays are setup by a variable so that each effect can have its' own delay amount. I modded this for RunUO 1.0.0, so if I post it, I would like to post it in the RunUO 1.0.0 scripts.

Please let me know!

--->SubRat
The Subterranean Rat

CEO's scripts on EUO are awesome!
>bows<

kyleman

Wanderer
Nice Job

This is a very good script thanks alot. I have been looking for a gmhiding stone :p I have been tinkering with yours too, but don't worry I won't repost it with any modifacations. Thanks again for making it.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Eeerm.. I know this is a late download..lmao.. but can anyone that uses this thing tell me what exactly this error is from?

- Error: Scripts\Customs\GMHidingStone.cs: CS0234: (line 13, column 14) The type or namespace name 'StoneEffect' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Server' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

If anyone can help out I'd really appreciate it :D

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
*sigh*
what'd you delete?
first few lines (after the using references) should be:
Code:
namespace Server.Items 
{ 
	public enum StoneEffect {
you somehow modified or removed the namespace declaration.