RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO's Yet Another Arya Addon Generator (YAAAG) RC1/RC2

Red_Satiin

Sorceror
Having a slight issue

I am very new to this whole addon gen thing and I may be missing something that is right in front of my face, but I can't seem to get the entire addon into the deed. It is a large stone fireplace and sometimes I get 8 components sometimes 32 and once I got 41! (there are 42) I have removed everything from the field of vision and targeted the uppermost lefthand corner and the bottom-most righthand corner (I can't select anything any larger) and still don't get the entire thing. (I have by the way, targeted all the places in between those 2 extremes) And it doesn't seem to matter, I get different results when I target the same places. :confused:

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any suggestions?

I enjoy the deco and love to build it, but the scripting is more than I can handle. (except for the simple projects) The addon generator is my only hope.

Thanks for any small words of wisdom.

To be challenged is inevitable, to quit is unthinkable.

Liacs

Sorceror
Sorry can't help you there, but I found out that you can't freeze stacked items. It will always stay one item only in the addon.

try lower left corner to upper right corner

and question - does this still retain the colors like the old one did - i saw a thing for named components - and that is one thing i hated doing by hand afterwards before, so this woulod be great for that, but i did not notice if it retained colors or not?

Hammerhand

Knight
It retains both the hues & names you may add in. And so far not one sign of any of the originals duplications. CEO done did good. :D

Liacs

Sorceror
yeppers... I can just second that. Great job, CEO! Hue, name and all is retained... just the amount would be nice still :D
But that could be added in later I guess...

CEO

Sorceror
nadious;717722 said:
CEO, I e-mailed you a sample for the error (I talked about earlier in the post.) See what you make of that.
Yep, got it an replied. It's not my version, something is missing in the original distribution of whatever system that is. Usually when you get an error like:

+ Custom/Custom Systems/Xanthos/Auction/Gumps/BidViewGump.cs:
CS0234: Line 55: The type or namespace name 'kRedHue' does not exist in the
namespace 'Arya.Misc' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

in a class a file or definition is missing. Those classes/vars are not defined either in the original arya addons that I've seen, so I'm not sure where they were to begin with. Start with fixing the specific errors in the script's reporting them by adding in the constants they are looking for. kRedHue isn't in any of the addon versions that I've seen either.

Add something like:

private const int kRedHue = xxxxxx; // <- insert a value for a red color there

into your script(s) that are giving errors.

Red_Satiin

Sorceror
Doesn't capture all the components

Thank you for your responses, but I'm still having problems with this. It does retain the hues, and any special properties that I assign (like names, max items or weight) but I still get missing components.

I have tried upper left to lower right, upper right to lower left, lower right to upper left and lower left to upper right. Everytime I get a different number of components. Since I seem to be the only one to experience these problems, I must conclude that it is my system, or copy of the program. I do only development work on this and don't have other programs or patches running on it like the production server does.

I've noticed that many times it is the Mondain's Legacy items that do not copy to the addon. Is there an issue with those items? Or is it required to be patched to a certain version level??

I really like this script and would love to get it working properly for me.

Thank you!

To be challenged is inevitable, to quit is unthinkable!

CEO

Sorceror
Liacs;717676 said:
yeppers... I can just second that. Great job, CEO! Hue, name and all is retained... just the amount would be nice still :D
But that could be added in later I guess...
I have a version that generates an amount. However, a warning will be tossed out on the console (that appears safe to ignore) regarding a non-stackable item (AddOnComponent) getting its amount changed even though the base item allows it. The right artwork/static is produced fine, just the warning... I can post a 2nd version for those that don't mind the warning.. I'm off to do some RL stuff and will finish that up when I'm back and post you a version to try.

Edit: Fixed the warning... Sillyme.. ac.Stackable = true; for a static with amount > 1. :)

CEO

Sorceror
Updated to 1.2.

• Now will properly do items with amounts > 1
  • Added a check for deleted statics/items when producing addons which would result in invalid component counts.

Just a quick question. Does this one only produce single addons, or does it make the doubles like the old system? What I mean is, the old system would turn your addon into double items, so when things were dyed and then made into an addon, it would double it and on world restart have the hued items would be normal color because the second items it added would show through. Not sure if this post made since. Almost 7am and have had one hour of sleep.

Hammerhand

Knight
Nope, Nada, Nyet, Nein, Huh uh.. No more dupes, doubles, doppelgangers, phantoms or odd hue & name changes with saves. :D CEO done did good. :eek:

Sweet that is totally awesome. Looks like I have alot of addons to redo that were made with the old system *cringes* Thanks CEO your awesome.

CEO

Sorceror
Arwen_NightHawk;719496 said:
Sweet that is totally awesome. Looks like I have alot of addons to redo that were made with the old system *cringes* Thanks CEO your awesome.
You're welcome. Easy to redo too, put the old addon down and then re-create with the items parameter checked, it'll dup the addon using the new method. :)

CEO my gump doesnt look like that. It has no buttons on it. So I cant check anything. I replaced with the newest download but that didnt fix it.

CEO

Sorceror
Very odd, what version of RunUo are you running and client? An old client that doesn't have that button art work maybe? Even then I'd think *something* would show. Try clicking in those areas once on the odd chance they are there but not show. Static is on by default. If it works, get inside UO, pick a couple of buttons that work for you and replace the button gumps with those ids, maybe that'll work?

Runuo I have no idea to be honest. Homedogg gave me a copy of the one he had but I never found out which one that was and that was back in June. As for client, I use 5.0.6e. I have started on custom gumps and graphics and thinking that maybe what is messing it up. But even then, there should be a button to replace it...right? I will try what you suggested cause I would imagine that will work..I may have a question or two in the process. I will let you know what happens. Thanks hun.

CEO

Sorceror
Arwen_NightHawk;721193 said:
Runuo I have no idea to be honest. Homedogg gave me a copy of the one he had but I never found out which one that was and that was back in June. As for client, I use 5.0.6e. I have started on custom gumps and graphics and thinking that maybe what is messing it up. But even then, there should be a button to replace it...right? I will try what you suggested cause I would imagine that will work..I may have a question or two in the process. I will let you know what happens. Thanks hun.

Find the AddCheck lines in the gump area. Change 9027 to 1895, and 9026 to 1896. That will use the real old (ugly) button art, which will tell you whether the missing buttons is artwork related.