RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge Game Revised 1.0

Clarke76

Wanderer
Seven said:
Clark is the server suppose to crash when someone challenges someone on a mount and they accept?
The obvious answer to this question is....let me think...NO! lol, ill take a look at that. Thanks for letting me know. Get back to you on a fix soon!

Clarke76

Wanderer
Seven:

Not sure why the server is crashing for you when a player is mounted and challenged. I looked over code and it looks fine, and then I tested and it didn't crash. I tried with 1 player mounted other not and both players mounted. Each worked fine with no crash. Maybe something else is going on? Do you have a crashlog? Try and give me some deatails...Thanks.

I

InnerStaff

im getting same error i think it has to do with editing the case #;s

infra001

Wanderer
Ok big problem.

After installing this script - the staff items and dropping onto there corpse which arn't blessed like a normal player.

Does this happen for anyone else ?

infra001

Wanderer
Well I see the problem now, the override has overrided the staff item drop on death too.

I've fixed it with this:

Code:
public override bool KeepsItemsOnDeath
{
	get
	{
		if(isinchal)
			return true;
                          //Added Code to stop staff item drop on death.
		if (AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.Counselor )
		 	return true;
		return false;
	}
}

infra001

Wanderer
Has crash bug too:

Code:
Exception:
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at Server.Gumps.FinalGump.makeready(Mobile who)
   at Server.Gumps.FinalGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clarke76

Wanderer
infra001 said:
Well I see the problem now, the override has overrided the staff item drop on death too.

I've fixed it with this:

Code:
{
	get
	{
		if(isinchal)
			return true;
		if (AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.Counselor )
		 	return true;
		return false;
	}
}
Thanks for the heads up on this, I didn't even think about staff and there items. I just assumed all staf wouldnt be able to be damaged which is just a bad assumption.

As for the crash errors you are getting, I'll run some tests with 2v2 since i cannot get it to crash at all with a 1v1. Any info on when/how it crashes would be great. ie:happen when you target, happen when opponent accepts, happens when partner accept ectect. I'll try to have this fixed by tonight!

Clarke76

Wanderer
You actually want this as the fix btw. If not other probs may occur with say, insured items.
Code:
{
	get
	{
		if(isinchal)
		     return true;
		return base.KeepsItemsOnDeath;
	}
}

infra001

Wanderer
Well all I know is one of my staff placed the stones down and on like the first challenge two players did it just crashed, It was a 1v1 fight.

infra001

Wanderer
Also, After it crashed I hid the stones to avoid any other problems.
Then 20 minutes later it crashed again with excatly the same crash error.

That confuses me considering the stones were visible = false so players couldn't even use it..

Clarke76

Wanderer
infra001 said:
Also, After it crashed I hid the stones to avoid any other problems.
Then 20 minutes later it crashed again with excatly the same crash error.

That confuses me considering the stones were visible = false so players couldn't even use it..

You can't just set them to invisable. You have to "[set Active false". That will allow no one to use stones. However, anytime the server restarts Active is automatically reset to Active true.

zerocool

Wanderer
Sorry , I update to version 1.1 and setup ChallengeGame to Runuo 1.0rco

Has crash bug to this Error Log , how can i fix it ?

Thank you

PHP:
Exception:
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at Server.Gumps.FinalGump.makeready(Mobile who)
   at Server.Gumps.FinalGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

smoksalot

Wanderer
I just did your Challenge and yes it still crashes shard has to do with player that challenges a mounted player now my player was on an Ethereal mount other was not but the ethereal mount would not dismount and it crashed hope this helps,

Clarke76

Wanderer
smoksalot said:
I just did your Challenge and yes it still crashes shard has to do with player that challenges a mounted player now my player was on an Ethereal mount other was not but the ethereal mount would not dismount and it crashed hope this helps,

Yes that helped. I forgot about Ethereal Mounts. I was finally able to get it to crash and the code is fixed and ready to download. It's on main page. Thanks for the info.

infra001

Wanderer
Ok everything is great now with this script, no crash bugs.

However two things that I think should be fixed:

1. When you come out a challenge you're apparently still flagged to your opponent, so he can attack you straight after and loot/whatever, this could be abused ?

2. If you challenge in town near lots of NPCs, i.e. Brit West Bank, when you come out the challenge for a brief few ms your still red and you get guard whacked, you don't lose anything but it makes the bank quite ugly with red corpses everywhere :p